Apple Music
lgbt

US Government Says Homeless Shelters Should Be Allowed to Ban Trans People

Featured Posts

Rainbow1

1558632643500-A-transgender-woman-sittin

The alterations introduced Tuesday, known as FR-6152, would enable any shelter provider under the Department of Housing and Urban Development programs—including emergency shelters—to create policies around admission based on sex, permitting discrimination in “single-sex or sex-segregated facilities,” such as bathrooms and sleeping quarters. 

The proposal also states that shelter providers may implement processes for “determining [the] sex” and admissability of homeless individuals—but gives no protocol for how those processes should or should not look. Rather, it states that providers may shape such processes around their own perspectives on privacy, safety, and religious belief—topics that are commonly cited by conservatives as justification for discriminatingagainst LGBTQ people. It also proposes explicitly that individuals may be formally refused entry to shelters based on their legally identified gender or their self-identified gender.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/ywynb7/the-us-government-says-homeless-shelters-should-be-allowed-to-ban-trans-people?utm_source=vicefbus

• Shook 1
  • Sad 6

Wigless

Ew who would want to go to a religious homeless shelter anyway? They’d just brainwash you

• LMAO 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 4

RoverLoader

I'm always amazed that ANYONE is homeless in a country like the USA> I have never seen so many homeless people as I did In San Fran; one of the richest cities in the world. I never saw these conditions in Iran or Lebanon - let alone the USA,

• Like 2
  • Shook 1

teawhore

it feels like we’re spinning backwards

nyc

Squeeshy Keety

I'm a cis passing nonbinary person. I'm sick that people like me and other trans people at these shelters either have to erase themselves or choose suffering. They aren't trying to keep these people out. They're trying to scare them into not existing.

It's sick how they know they have this power and  aren't afraid to pull the same card that's been dealt for as long as people have been around.

Edited by Squeeshy Keety
I'm the one in the corner snuggling your keety and stealing all its love 😼
  • Love 7

ProjectJoanne

Ugh :saladga:

DCgaga

Reginald

:messga: The American homeless system has a *lot* of lgbtqia people

The people with these mindsets seem to have no empathy at all. They're willfully ignorant to the *hurt*, pain, and devastation that they're creating. 

I'm so angry right now that I'm shaking 

Dedicated
  • Shook 1

Musicisfreedom

I don't even know what to say but I have so much I want to.

I'm so sick of hypocrisy in religion. So you want to convert to your belief system yet your belief is basically someone's gender/sexual preference/identify is an issue before their safety and comfort? How is this okay?

There is so much more wrong with this that I can't even think straight to comment on. I am literally shaking with anger. What is this world

David Ward

I was homeless for almost 4 years in Manhattan, Philadelphia, and Atlantic City. This makes me really sad.

Morphine Prince

Absolutely inhumane. Sickening. 

For the debt I owe, gotta sell my soul, 'Cause I can't say no, no, I can't say no

Woolfsmck
13 hours ago, RoverLoader said:

I'm always amazed that ANYONE is homeless in a country like the USA> I have never seen so many homeless people as I did In San Fran; one of the richest cities in the world. I never saw these conditions in Iran or Lebanon - let alone the USA,

Cost of living is higher than the jobs pay...

Property taxes are front and center here imo.

like a cat in a sil, I observe life, moving and still. My words give a clue,look inside to see whats true

Pacify Him

The transphobia :rip: Some GGD members could never :air:

I’m getting on your nerves

Alii

I’m starting to expect USA to ban gay marriage soon at this rate. :messga:

Edited by Alii

Flopplause

the world should be allowed to get rid off Trump and his abominable administration in what ever way possible...even if it's french revolution style :lolly: . Thank you, next :bye: