Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Tea on Madame X (Tetu Interview)

Hades

Featured Posts

Hades

We hear a crazy song, as if Daft Punk remixed Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody (Dark Ballet), jazzy pianos and sick vocodors (God Control),
implacable reggaeton sung in Portuguese (Faz Gostoso). 
There is only one title on the album that recalls the Madonna before (Crazy)
Madame X is above all a call to revolt and control of firearms

tetu_0A1.jpg

"Killers who are Partying" is the first song we have worked on. It's a political piece, but everything Mirwais and I do together always ends up not becoming political. Because it's also his way of thinking. The guitar we hear in intro is a sample that I captured myself during a fado session. The sound of this guitar is exactly what I wanted. I really felt inspired by the melancholy and the feeling of this music, by the sound of Cesaria Evora, Morna and Cape Verde. The authenticity of the music that I hear everywhere in Portugal has touched me. I wanted to appropriate this music and make it sound more modern. I asked Mirwais, "What do you think you can do with it, does it inspire you?" Obviously, it pleased him a lot, "reveals the songstress of "I Rise "

On killers who are partying you sing “I’ll be Israel if Israel is imprisoned, I’ll be Islam if Islam is attacked”. How should we understand this? That you want to be aligned with minorities?

What Mirwais and I wanted to say with song is that we don’t see the world as fragmented, but as united. And I’m a part of that world. I’m an aspect of the Universe’s soul. I don’t define myself by categories and labels. But society loves labels and to separate people. Poor people, gay people, Africans. Because it makes us feel safe. What I’m saying in this song is that I’ll be each of the boxes you try to put me in. I’ll put myself on the frontline. I’ll take the hits; the heat...because I’m a citizen of the world and my soul is connected to everyone else’s. Also I’m responsible for everyone and I must take care of them. If someone else suffers, then I suffer. To me a song is an act and a declaration of solidarity.

You heard it. You tell me if I made an homage to Portugal and fado...not just fado either. There are lots of other influences I picked up on while there. But even with other influences, it’s defiantly an album that is an expression of my time in Portugal. I have a house there and I go back often. My son still plays for Benefica. But you know I live on airplanes. The skies are my home! (Laughs)

I hope my Portuguese is good. I had a great coach. Dino d’santiago. He helped me a lot and introduced me to excellent musicians. His presence by my side was fundamental to the production of this album!

He was a sort of interface. He’s from Cape Verde. Most of the cape verdean musician I worked with didn’t speak any English. He was in the studio with me when we were recording the songs. He would explain what I wanted. He helped me musically to give life to these songs because I didn’t have any other means to communicate with the musicians!  We made a song called Funana that will be a bonus cut. I have another song that isn’t on the deluxe edition called Ciao Bella. The singer Kimi Djabate who’s from Guinea-Bissau sings on that track. Dino introduced me to him. 

SOURCE:

http://www.chartsinfrance.net/Madonna/news-110279.html     @sillynate @RoverLoader

Ryusei

Ugh I really need to hear this album from start to finish. I'm one of the few people who actually like Medellin lol so I'm excited

Also: "I wanted to appropriate this music..." :reductive:  :ladyhaha: 

Musery

Hades
Just now, Ryusei said:

Ugh I really need to hear this album from start to finish. I'm one of the few people who actually like Medellin lol so I'm excited

Same. I love every track except Future. So far everyone who was at the listening party said the promo tracks are the weakest or just most ''trendy''.

edengowon
1 minute ago, Hades said:

Same. I love every track except Future. So far everyone who was at the listening party said the promo tracks are the weakest or just most ''trendy''.

I agree, Future is so far, the worst. Medellin, I Rise and Crave are great songs and if the reviews are anything to go by, the album is even better. I see Madame X being a darker version of Rebel Heart

the artist formerly known as melancholia

LastNight

I'm super excited for this album, I love everything she's put out from it so far; it all feels cohesive and I think you can feel that she's been really inspired during the making of it. The past couple of albums have fallen a little flat for me, almost like Madonna on auto-pilot (although, don't get me wrong, there are some gems from the past few years) but Madame X is shaping up to be really great.

Anderson123

“It’s like Daft Punk remixed Queen’s Bohemian Rhapsody”. WOW, I would not go that far, talk about hyping the fans. 

Hades
2 minutes ago, Alan123 said:

“It’s like Daft Punk remixed Queen’s Bohemian Rhapsody”. WOW, I would not go that far, talk about hyping the fans. 

Ikr such s stupid comparison. I guess we can just keep the fact that's not a generic pop song.:poot:

4 minutes ago, WarriorPhoenix said:

I agree, Future is so far, the worst. Medellin, I Rise and Crave are great songs and if the reviews are anything to go by, the album is even better. I see Madame X being a darker version of Rebel Heart

Honestly Madame X might put some fans off but it's refreshing for her. We have dozens of ''Living For Love'' songs in her catalogue already. This is a new territory esp the bonus ''cape verde''  tracks.

androiduser

sounds great, can't wait to hear all the songs! and the interview is very informative and M gave great answers, love every question and answer.

Davian

I’m so excited!:excited2: I love/like every song so far (although I’m still not sure about Future)

I can’t wait to hear the fado influences! So far I’m missing Portugal feeling in some tracks a bit

What you want Lady Gaga🥂 What you want with Christina🥂

Archived