Gaga Daily Youtube
economy

Canada Has Biggest Surge In JOBS In History!

Featured Posts

Economy

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/canada-surprises-with-biggest-one-month-jobs-gain-on-record-1.1256985

Canada posted the largest increase in employment last month in history with over 106,000 jobs created. Wages were also up 2.5%

There were concerns that with highly indebted consumers, the modest increase in interest rates as well as the new Stress Test Mortgage rules slowing housing sector would throw economy off course but so far that hasn't happened

The 5.7% unemployment rate (4.7% by US measurement methologies) suggests the labor market may be even tighter than in the US given a larger labor force participation rate and a slightly older population with a higher percentage of citizens past retirement age than in the US

Edited by Economy
  • YAAAS 2

Economy
16 minutes ago, Gabe said:

COOL THEN WHY IS NO ONE RESPONDING TO MY APPS

What are u trying to get a job in?

The unemployment rate is an average but it varies by region of the Country and also varies by industry and sector

Gabe
13 minutes ago, Economy said:

What are u trying to get a job in?

The unemployment rate is an average but it varies by region of the Country and also varies by industry and sector

Haha im graduating now, and its pretty niche; public affairs and government relations.

• Like 1

Economy
16 minutes ago, Gabe said:

Haha im graduating now, and its pretty niche; public affairs and government relations.

I don't know a lot about that industry so I can't give an opinion on it or how it's doing now :sweat:

• Love 1

Wigless
56 minutes ago, Gabe said:

COOL THEN WHY IS NO ONE RESPONDING TO MY APPS

I’m trying to get a first McDonald’s tier job in Brampton and same... literally a nightmare

• Shook 1

Gabe
1 minute ago, Wigless said:

I’m trying to get a first McDonald’s tier job in Brampton and same... literally a nightmare

yeesh, genuinely wishing you the best of luck! try smaller shops, and the mall!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Economy
6 minutes ago, Wigless said:

Whaaqaaaqqaqqqqajdiejmsjfkrnsj :omg:

I live in Brampton :giveup:

I used to live near Kennedy and Queen when I was with my parents but more towards the giant tiger just south of vodden!

Now I live near the Mayfield and Hurontario intersection just south of Caledon

Also too many ppl try McDonald's all the time. Even tho Brampton must have at least 10-12 McDonald's (maybe more) I think too many ppl apply and it's hard to be the one to get in :sweat:

Edited by Economy

Enigma

Here our McDonald’s has to pay like 3$ more than minimum wage to get people to work for them :vegas:

Economy
5 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Here our McDonald’s has to pay like 3$ more than minimum wage to get people to work for them :vegas:

Where do u live? Here in Ontario they all pay the $14/h minimum wage :rip:

The only major Corporations that im aware of that pay a little above minimum wage of $14/h for general entry level workers are:

- Starbucks ($17/h) I think

- Amazon ($17/h)

- Costco (I forget their min pay but I know it's a fair bit above minimum wage)

That's all that's coming to mind now:cryga:

Edited by Economy

PartySick
8 minutes ago, Enigma said:

My company is about to start doing that. Even f*cking Walmart pays better than they do and the loyal long term employees and managers are starting to walk 'cause we're done tolerating the insane turnover, ridiculous hours, and hard labor.

I'm being given a dollar fifty raise 'cause I threatened to walk out a week ago :fan: and I'm still going to, just not as fast :hor:

I don't need you to respect me, I respect me. I don't need you to love me, I love me.
  • YAAAS 2

Enigma
42 minutes ago, Economy said:

Where do u live? Here in Ontario they all pay the $14/h minimum wage :rip:

The only major Corporations that im aware of that pay a little above minimum wage of $14/h for general entry level workers are:

- Starbucks ($17/h) I think

- Amazon ($17/h)

- Costco (I forget their min pay but I know it's a fair bit above minimum wage)

That's all that's coming to mind now:cryga:

I live in a rural area of Quebec, our minimum wage is 12,50 and McDonald’s was paying me 13 when it was at 11, so it went up again since I left 

• Like 1

Wigless
2 hours ago, Economy said:

Whaaqaaaqqaqqqqajdiejmsjfkrnsj :omg:

I live in Brampton :giveup:

I used to live near Kennedy and Queen when I was with my parents but more towards the giant tiger just south of vodden!

Now I live near the Mayfield and Hurontario intersection just south of Caledon

Also too many ppl try McDonald's all the time. Even tho Brampton must have at least 10-12 McDonald's (maybe more) I think too many ppl apply and it's hard to be the one to get in :sweat:

I just don’t wanna spend money to go to work when there’s 2 plazas full of stores I can walk to... but no one there wants me so ugh, literally a waste. My mom said that’s a dumb limit bc gas money exists so yeah I’m still trying... but it’s May and now everything is probably taken up now... going ✈️ horrible credit, thanks College ✌️ 

• Like 1

Economy
9 hours ago, Wigless said:

I just don’t wanna spend money to go to work when there’s 2 plazas full of stores I can walk to... but no one there wants me so ugh, literally a waste. My mom said that’s a dumb limit bc gas money exists so yeah I’m still trying... but it’s May and now everything is probably taken up now... going ✈️ horrible credit, thanks College ✌️ 

Where in Brampton do u live?