Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
society

Radio host fired after tweeting racist photo directed at the royal baby

Featured Posts

Daenerys
23 minutes ago, davflz said:

it's a racist "joke" because white people have referred to black/ mixed people as monkeys to dehumanize them since colonial times

I have a mixed brother who had to deal with being called a porch monkey any chance he walked past a certain racists house on his way to school. That’s why I started giving him rides, I fear what those people will do to him one day. 

Daenerys of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, The Unburnt, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Queen of Meereen
  • Like 1
  • Sad 4

Adarsh
57 minutes ago, AlexanderMagno said:

It would make a lot more sense if the parents were a chimpanzee and a bonobo, and their baby was a human. Now that would be incredibly clever, and not that racist I guess since he would be stating that the mixed race baby is the next step for evolution.

What are you smoking ma? :ladyhaha:

That boy is a monster
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 4

Zander
Posted (edited)

Oof.  At first I thought he was trying to be funny using a picture of an Orangutang (because Harry being ginger) but I realised it’s a chimpanzee and there not even orange... like aside from the awful racial implications I don’t know what he was thinking or what was suppose to be funny about it. Was the mixed race thing suppose to be the punchline? :saladga:

Edited by Zander
  • Like 1

Gimme More

glad he got fired, that was a disgusting 'joke'.

people can take everything away from you, but they can never take away your truth...

ZacharyMark

"People are so offended these days." "nothing ever triggered people in the past like today". 

The people who scream at those who bring up justice are usually the ones who never say anything against this crap. Because it go against their anti-SJW narrative. This is why we still live in a terrible society.

• Like 1

Arturo

Hmmm funny how the other royal brats aren’t compared to monkeys but the first black one is?

The media (both British and conservative American) are going to hound Meghan and this baby to death.

• Like 1

StrawberryBlond
22 hours ago, RAMROD said:

It's what he deserves. Racists in UK are thriving and bad, but at least they are also very stern at punishing it.

That's the good thing - we do have very strong ways of dealing with it and we tend to do it fast. In America, they seem much slower to react and bigger names can be more likely to get away with it. We may not all be angels, but the message is usually sent loud and clear by many that it's not acceptable. Luckily, the younger generations seem to be a lot more progressive. You'll notice this kinda stuff always comes from men of a certain age who seem to think we're still living in the time of 70's racist humour.

22 hours ago, Oriane said:

I can't even imagine what else he could have meant by this picture. Is implying a baby is a monkey supposed to be funny ?

That's why it's hard to believe that he had nothing but innocent intentions behind it all. You have to ask, if he thought it was a joke, why did he think it was funny? Because there's only one way it could be funny and that is if you think blacks are comparable to monkeys. He didn't do anything like this when white royals were born, so it's no coincidence and certainly not a case of a misunderstanding and he meant it in any other way. He's now saying he didn't even realise the baby was mixed race until he'd put the photo up, which is why he deleted it, but there's no way he couldn't have known. Meghan being half black was widely spoken of in the media and her black mother attended the wedding that was all over the media and was in one of the photos with the baby. And he's a radio presenter so he's obviously in tune with current events. Just classic scrambling for validation.

22 hours ago, AlexanderMagno said:

I don't even understand the joke though :flop: I don't see how a monkey has anything to do with a mixed race baby... Seriously, this looks really unrelated.

It would make a lot more sense if the parents were a chimpanzee and a bonobo, and their baby was a human. Now that would be incredibly clever, and not that racist I guess since he would be stating that the mixed race baby is the next step for evolution.

The baby probably won't even look like mixed-race, since Meghan herself already has a lot of  features that make her look quite caucasian for a mixed-race person.

Are you being deliberately insensitive for laughs? Or are you genuinely serious? Being descended from apes and comparing black people to monkeys are two very different concepts and if a white person is cited as looking like a monkey, it's never meant from a racial perspective.

21 hours ago, WarriorPhoenix said:

He isn't a racist :saladga:

Making one racist joke doesn't make you inherently a racist

It wasn't even a clever or ironic joke that could subvert racism. The best comedians can make anything funny and can joke about race in a way that makes fun of racists and is a critical look at society through the medium of humour. But this was nothing like that. You don't compare black people to monkeys. It's societal rule #1.

20 hours ago, ZacharyMark said:

"People are so offended these days." "nothing ever triggered people in the past like today". 

The people who scream at those who bring up justice are usually the ones who never say anything against this crap. Because it go against their anti-SJW narrative. This is why we still live in a terrible society.

I'm anti-SJW and as you can see, I've spoken up about this incident by making this thread. It's possible to think that people are being too sensitive but at the same time, see obvious racism when it arises. This is the kinda thing that people should be getting offended and upset about, not usage of innocent words in innocent situations and white people wearing dreadlocks. Be offended about the stuff that matters and it'll make your cause look so much better.

• Like 1

JusKeepBreathin

Hard to believe it's 2019.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

River

I didn’t know that Meghan is half black, when I saw it I thought that the joke laughs about the royal family and all the fuss about this baby like he actually important to the world..

but now I get the different and real perspective and it pretty much disgusting..

I'm not serious 99% of the times ;)
  • Like 1

Miel
21 hours ago, Daenerys said:

I have a mixed brother who had to deal with being called a porch monkey any chance he walked past a certain racists house on his way to school. That’s why I started giving him rides, I fear what those people will do to him one day. 

I come from a mixed family, too, and seeing the dynamics shift between one differently-perceived family member than the other is really telling and horrifying. I'm sorry for you and your brother.

3 points in and ready for more
  • Like 1

Musicisfreedom

I don't get the joke if it wasn't supposed to be racist. Like is he really that dumb? :saladga:

• Like 1

FATCAT
8 minutes ago, Musicisfreedom said:

I don't get the joke if it wasn't supposed to be racist. Like is he really that dumb? :saladga:

You can't buy common sense.

█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓ This püssy grabs back. █▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓

thewho
22 hours ago, WarriorPhoenix said:

He isn't a racist :saladga:

Making one racist joke doesn't make you inherently a racist

You are part of the ignorance that plagues my country. :triggered:

• Like 1