Gaga Daily Youtube
society

Radio host fired after tweeting racist photo directed at the royal baby

Featured Posts

StrawberryBlond

UK radio presenter, Danny Baker, host of Radio 5 Live, tweeted a racist reference to the new royal baby Archie, whose birth was announced yesterday. Archie is the first mixed race baby born into the British royal family in decades, after Prince Harry married Meghan Markle, who is half black. Danny's comment attempted to joke about the birth of a mixed race baby by accompanying it with this offensive old photo:

13280002-7009283-image-m-47_155738554343

Danny has now been fired from his position (actually the third time he's been axed by the BBC), probably for good this time.

Read Danny's attempt at explaining himself as well as some good points made about different treatment that occurred when the BBC surprisingly didn't similarly reprimand Alan Sugar after he made an equally racist tweet about the Senegal football team: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7009283/BBC-Radio-5-Live-host-Danny-Baker-tweets-racist-Royal-Baby-monkey-image.html

Really appalling state of affairs. I don't buy it that he had no idea how that image could be interpreted. Like London Hughes tweeted, as a comedian, he should have understood the intricacy of a joke and how it can be taken from all angles, therefore, he knew it was offensive, but posted it anyway. At worst, he's a secret racist who was blind to his ignorance. At best, he's completely clueless in general about how the world works. Either way, it's amazing how being famous and overpaid makes you think you're invincible.

• Like 3
  • Shook 3
  • Sad 4

Dolores

Good that he is fired

This is disgusting 

watch some members say: wE aRe aLL mOnKeYs  :triggered:

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 4

PinkPop
2 minutes ago, Varys said:

Good that he is fired

This is disgusting 

I am just waiting for those absurd comments

• Like 1

kyanewest

What a pig

Dr Dre don't just stand there, operate!
  • Like 1

davflz
2 minutes ago, Varys said:

Good that he is fired

This is disgusting 

Jesus :saladga: that thread was something else.. :laughga:

• Like 1

RAMROD

It's what he deserves. Racists in UK are thriving and bad, but at least they are also very stern at punishing it.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ♥ Si ♥ Vis ♥ Pacem ♥ Para ♥ Bellum ♥
  • Like 2

Adarsh

Watch the racists of GGD hijack this thread in 3...2...1..... :messga:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

monster4life231

I don't buy the idea that he didn't know the consequences of the tweet. It's simply a racist remark.

spread peace.
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Oriane

I can't even imagine what else he could have meant by this picture. Is implying a baby is a monkey supposed to be funny ?

You popped my heart seems... All my bubble dreams, bubble dreams...

Morphine Prince

Racists can’t even be creative. How predictable. 

For the debt I owe, gotta sell my soul, 'Cause I can't say no, no, I can't say no
  • Like 1

AlexanderMagno

I don't even understand the joke though :flop: I don't see how a monkey has anything to do with a mixed race baby... Seriously, this looks really unrelated.

It would make a lot more sense if the parents were a chimpanzee and a bonobo, and their baby was a human. Now that would be incredibly clever, and not that racist I guess since he would be stating that the mixed race baby is the next step for evolution.

The baby probably won't even look like mixed-race, since Meghan herself already has a lot of  features that make her look quite caucasian for a mixed-race person.

• LMAO 1

WarriorPhoenix
Posted (edited)

He isn't a racist :saladga:

Making one racist joke doesn't make you inherently a racist

Edited by WarriorPhoenix
gaga ♡ taylor ♡ nicki ♡ ari ♡ paloma ♡ adele ♡ billie ♡ bowie ♡ madonna ♡ katy ♡ britney
  • LMAO 4
  • Sad 5

davflz
29 minutes ago, AlexanderMagno said:

I don't even understand the joke though :flop: I don't see how a monkey has anything to do with a mixed race baby... Seriously, this looks really unrelated.

It would make a lot more sense if the parents were a chimpanzee and a bonobo, and their baby was a human. Now that would be incredibly clever, and not that racist I guess since he would be stating that the mixed race baby is the next step for evolution.

The baby probably won't even look like mixed-race, since Meghan herself already has a lot of  features that make her look quite caucasian for a mixed-race person.

it's a racist "joke" because white people have referred to black/ mixed people as monkeys to dehumanize them since colonial times

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

LateToCult
Posted (edited)

Waiting for the “EVERYONE IS SO SENSITIVE OH MY GOD CAN I JUST REFER TO POC AS MONKEYS IN PEACE??????” comments.

Edited by LateToCult
  • LMAO 5
  • Thanks 3

Haruki Murakami
53 minutes ago, AlexanderMagno said:

21 minutes ago, WarriorPhoenix said:

He isn't a racist :saladga:

19 minutes ago, LateToCult said:

Waiting for the “EVERYONE IS SO SENSITIVE OH MY GOD CAN I JUST REFER TO POC AS MONKEYS IN PEACE??????” comments.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2