Stefani Tee
society

The USA's Attack on Women

Featured Posts

Timmers

Originally posted on Facebook:

I want to explain what is happening in other states right now regarding abortion for the friends who don't keep up with politics:

Four states have made it illegal to have an abortion after six weeks. Most women won't take a pregnancy test until at least four weeks into their pregnancy when they realize their period is late. This is being considered by eight (8) other states, and that number will likely grow.

In Georgia, beginning January 1, 2020, if a woman terminates her pregnancy after six weeks, the punishment is life in prison. If a woman miscarries and the court has evidence to believe it was her own fault, such as a result of medication she is taking, she can get 10-30 years in prison. 

Additionally, legislation is being discussed in some of these states to charge women with murder if they are caught even planning to go out of state for an abortion.

This isn't an attack on abortions. It's an attack on women, and the only people who benefit from it are those operating the prison system and the states who count fetuses as part of their population.

There hasn't been a more important time in modern history for women to stand up and use their voice in politics than right now. The time for saying "political stuff doesn't really affect me" is over.

• Like 3
  • Sad 4
  • Thanks 2

Phaye Monster

This is so disgusting. I feel so blessed to be living in a place where abortion is legal right now. I bet it’s old white men making all these new laws as well which is even worse. 

Life in prison for having an abortion? Literally disgusting. Do the people making these laws not realise that this is the only option for some women? What do they want, more kids in the foster system that they won’t care for? This is stupid for so many reasons. I’m mad. 

I'm an ARTPOP bitch, baby
  • Thanks 1

Faysalaaa
Posted (edited)

Its not an attack on women because people who are pro life dont see it that way and have a different definition. You see it as an attack on women because you believe whats in the womb is a fetus while pro life view it as a living being. They are against killing a living being, not against women. Yes they are wrong but you need to understand their position so you can change their mind or atleast change the law.

Pro choice people are also wrong as they still believe in abortion even after the fetus is a living being which is after 16 weeks.

Edited by Faysalaaa
  • Like 2
  • LMAO 5

Jenina

This only reinforces the thought in my mind of it never being about the baby for a lot of pro-lifers and it's about controlling other people. Banning abortion simply leads to women resorting to alternative unsafe methods of getting an abortion.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Melech
8 minutes ago, Faysalaaa said:

Pro choice people are also wrong as they still believe in abortion even after the fetus is a living being.

Yikes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Faysalaaa
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Melech said:

Yikes. 

Make an actual valid argument or comment that I can actually respond to

Edited by Faysalaaa

the Devil of Pop
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Faysalaaa said:

Make an actual valid argument or comment that I can actually respond to

Lol, we shouldn't waste our time arguing against your fallacious straw "pro-choicer" 

Argue without fallacies if you want a serious response

Edited by Satans Ex Wife
How can I protect something so perfect without evil?
  • Thanks 1

GypsyBabe

Extreme pro-lifers are nothing more than pro-I want to control women's bodies. 

I will always be pro-choice. Just because I wouldn't get an abortion doesn't mean that I have the right to push my beliefs on another woman. Most women don't even know that they are pregnant until past 6 weeks...

They are literally just dividing cells creating another structure...the same as cancer cells. We don't put people in prison for removing a tumor. There is no consciousness until the brain is fully formed and at that point it is not allowed. Late term abortions have never been a "thing"...

All these conservtive pro-lifers want to save a cluster of cells, but strip away health insurance that could save living people etc. They should focus on helping the millions of kids in foster care who are trapped in a broken system. Instead, they want to add to it by forcing women who don't want children to bring them into this world against their will. This isn't a fairytale, these children are largely born unwanted and suffer as a result. The narrative that a loving family is waiting on the other side to adopt them and bring them to a beautiful home with a white picket fence is ridiculous and inflammatory. 

Finally. MEN need to be held just as responsible as women. It takes two things to create a zygote, sperm and an egg. Just because we need to carry them doesn't make them immune to responsibility. 

⚯͛
  • Like 2
  • YAAAS 2

Faysalaaa
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Satans Ex Wife said:

Lol, we shouldn't waste our time arguing against your fallacious straw "pro-choicer" 

Argue without fallacies if you want a serious response

The only way two people can have an argument is if both think the other argument is fallacious. Are you saying I have to agree with you for us to be able to argue? that does not make any sense! correct me on my wrong information instead of being passive aggressive. Nobody has to argue with me, im just replying to people who replied to me.

Edited by Faysalaaa

Timmers
30 minutes ago, Faysalaaa said:

Its not an attack on women because people who are pro life dont see it that way and have a different definition. You see it as an attack on women because you believe whats in the womb is a fetus while pro life view it as a living being. They are against killing a living being, not against women. Yes they are wrong but you need to understand their position so you can change their mind or atleast change the law.

Pro choice people are also wrong as they still believe in abortion even after the fetus is a living being.

"Women being imprisoned for life? That's not an attack on women!"

You must be a man.

• Like 1

Faysalaaa
Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Timmers said:

"Women being imprisoned for life? That's not an attack on women!"

You must be a man.

I did not say its not an attack on womens rights, it is an attack on womens rights but not because they hate women, its because they have the false belief that the fetus is a living being which to them justifies stopping women from abortion. GET IT? And yes im a man..

Pro choice is also an attack on unborn babies that are fully developed in the womb after 16 weeks or pregnancy

Edited by Faysalaaa

ZacharyMark

They really hit it on the nail with the point on the prison system. 

And truly, these laws aren't even fair, like the statement says. 

I have yet to see the people who lynched black men see their prison cells. You know, people who actually murdered other people and are still reaping the benefits of doing so decades later...

• Like 1

kyanewest
Posted (edited)

It's funny bcs then if these unwanted babies are born and abandoned, going from foster homes to foster homes then turn to criminality it's another problem that no one will wanna solve. You gonna let that depressed adult rot in jail wondering what was the point of it all. I'm thinking about babies born from rape especially, who will deal with that pain? Not the government, but they should take responsibility if things turn south in their lives but most likely won't. Then they're on their own. Homeless? Drug addict? Depressed?  Your problem

Edited by kyanewest
The crowds are gone. And it's time to wash out the blonde.

Whispering

George Carlin’s words still ring true:

"Boy, these conservatives are really something, aren't they? They're all in favor of the unborn. They will do anything for the unborn. But once you're born, you're on your own. Pro-life conservatives are obsessed with the fetus from conception to nine months. After that, they don't want to know about you. They don't want to hear from you. No nothing. No neonatal care, no day care, no Head Start, no school lunch, no food stamps, no welfare, no nothing. If you're preborn, you're fine; if you're preschool, you're f**ked."

• Like 3

ItsTommyBitch
1 hour ago, Faysalaaa said:

1) The fetus isn't a "person" until its literally born, no one argues that something is not being killed essentially. 
But you've phrased it like this to be ambiguous on purpose, it sounds like you're suggesting pro-choice people believe a baby can be born, then killed, like essentially a full term pregnancy then murder :rip:  

But also, it is an attack on women, because women have control over their own bodies and that includes their pregnancies - being pregnant is something that primarily affects the woman, who is already living breathing with a life, rights, etc. It is an attack on women because it would be the law telling women that they should not have full say over what happens with their bodies, and that they know more than every individual woman;  that essentially an unborn fetus's rights are more important than theirs. It's an attack on women's rights to their own bodies, a right every person deserves to have full stop. Even if you believe life starts at conception and the fetus is a "baby" from the beginning, or at some arbitrary point in its development like when it has a heartbeat or w.e makes people most emotionally invested, being pro-life in the sense that you think women shouldn't be able to have an abortion is admitting you think the rights of that potential life > the woman's current existence. Many pro-choice people are against "killing a living being" as well, that's not the point.

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから