đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

#Mayochella is trending (TS copying Bey thing)

Galagala

Featured Posts

StrawberryBlond
On 5/4/2019 at 10:37 PM, Miel said:

@StrawberryBlond not gonna quote you because I don't wanna clog the page haha but I do agree to an extent, yeah. It's a touchy line, because sometimes I ask myself if I am giving a white artist more slack because of inherent socialized racism, and vice versa. But I do agree that (hot opinion I know) there has been some unchecked mediocrity from artists of Color (in particular, cis-het men of Color).

That said, I do wish we could uplift and empower up and coming artists of Color without the cloud of stan twitter interactions.

I think it's more than likely that you perhaps like the artist's personality or like most of the music that they usually make and you don't want to let one blip spoil your experience of them, so you go easier on them. Everyone does that, nothing to do with racism. If you're even considering if it's because you've got internalised racist views, you probably don't as racists tend not to have any self-awareness about that stuff, they just think it's normal and unproblematic. I don't think black people consider if they're got internalised racism against whites when they cut a black artist some slack, so why should whites feel guilty for the same concept?

Personally, I've found that men of all races have the easiest time becoming famous and successful. Unlike women, they don't have to be young and/or pretty or even particularly mainstream to get a chance and they seem to have freer rein to make the music they want as well. When a man makes something more mainstream, you get the sense that it was his decision whereas for a woman you feel like this was an decision made by executives. There are a whole bunch of untalented Soundcloud rappers who are strung out on drugs rapping about the most superficial things and being black hasn't stopped them becoming famous, successful and critically acclaimed even if they were complete nobodies beforehand, so this idea that blacks really struggle to make it in the industry and get respect just doesn't wash anymore if you look at the figures. I also notice that black females can't seem to make it unless they're overtly sexualised. Unless you're Beyonce, the US at least doesn't seem to want a black female singer who's classy. It shocks me that Emeli Sande couldn't make it in America but then, she doesn't sing about twerking and being rich, so I guess that's your answer. And don't get me wrong, I love fun rap music but when that seems to be the only output of the most successful black names, it feels like they're being put into a box by both label and public. Where's all the diversity of all that black people can create? Why must their biggest portrayal be in the most stereotypical light?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NCgaga
42 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I think it's more than likely that you perhaps like the artist's personality or like most of the music that they usually make and you don't want to let one blip spoil your experience of them, so you go easier on them. Everyone does that, nothing to do with racism. If you're even considering if it's because you've got internalised racist views, you probably don't as racists tend not to have any self-awareness about that stuff, they just think it's normal and unproblematic. I don't think black people consider if they're got internalised racism against whites when they cut a black artist some slack, so why should whites feel guilty for the same concept?

Personally, I've found that men of all races have the easiest time becoming famous and successful. Unlike women, they don't have to be young and/or pretty or even particularly mainstream to get a chance and they seem to have freer rein to make the music they want as well. When a man makes something more mainstream, you get the sense that it was his decision whereas for a woman you feel like this was an decision made by executives. There are a whole bunch of untalented Soundcloud rappers who are strung out on drugs rapping about the most superficial things and being black hasn't stopped them becoming famous, successful and critically acclaimed even if they were complete nobodies beforehand, so this idea that blacks really struggle to make it in the industry and get respect just doesn't wash anymore if you look at the figures. I also notice that black females can't seem to make it unless they're overtly sexualised. Unless you're Beyonce, the US at least doesn't seem to want a black female singer who's classy. It shocks me that Emeli Sande couldn't make it in America but then, she doesn't sing about twerking and being rich, so I guess that's your answer. And don't get me wrong, I love fun rap music but when that seems to be the only output of the most successful black names, it feels like they're being put into a box by both label and public. Where's all the diversity of all that black people can create? Why must their biggest portrayal be in the most stereotypical light?

I typically agree with you and it’s funny- you type these long essays that if they actually read them- they are flat and non biased and factual. So many people on this site are so used to a certain narrative that they can’t argue with you. Instead, it’s easier for them to write you off, try to make you think you are ignorant.  they say things like “I’m not going to reply to your essay” or “facepalm”- this is such an obvious tactic to avoid a conversation they can’t factually handle. That’s what they do when they can’t bring receipts and it’s hilarious and sad at the same time. This generation gets their info from memes on instagram and they do NO RESEARCH as to what’s actually really happening out there. 

This website should be called weak hypocrite-daily.com

Archived