💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

LG6 will be Gaga's Ray of Light

Suspiria

Featured Posts

MaryJaneHolland
26 minutes ago, Travestchy said:

"This was then followed up by an acclaimed performance in a musical movie (Evita, A Star Is Born). And both films even won the same oscar - best original song!"

Whos gonna tell her?

vV3XBjc.gif

Tell her what?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maleficent
19 minutes ago, Mister Gaga said:

Let LG6 be her COADF!

if LG6 = COADF I'm prechdt for the meltdowns when LG7,8,9 drop lol

Suspiria
40 minutes ago, Travestchy said:

"This was then followed up by an acclaimed performance in a musical movie (Evita, A Star Is Born). And both films even won the same oscar - best original song!"

Whos gonna tell her?

vV3XBjc.gif

Oh I know Madge didn't win the oscar... but come on it fits the narrative perfectly how could I not include it:huntyga:

32 minutes ago, LanaDelGrant said:

because of her geysha looks?

idk there's a thin line for cultural appropriation

while yes you wouldn't like someone mocking your culture, evoking aspects of it as homage having done your studies on it, or because you really like it (anime > cosplay culture) meaning no offense isn't as sensitive to the people belonging in that culture as it is for the people overly concerned with political correctness (the infamous sjw)

i'm not telling you're it

i'm not speaking for madge having good intentions either, i don't know much about the concepts behind those looks, but i wonder if anyone really got offended by that (not taking offence for someone else as is usual nowadays too)

crap i just lectured i'm sorry

let's go Ray of Darkness :pawsup:

I totally agree with you about the difference between appropriation and appreciation. And I think regardless of her intentions her use of Japanese and South Asian imagery/iconography resulted in undeniably beautiful and thought provoking visuals.

But IIRC when asked about why she used that imagery, her answer was "I'm just obsessed with Asian people":ladyhaha: I need to find that quote...

Maleficent
1 minute ago, Suspiria said:

But IIRC when asked about why she used that imagery, her answer was "I'm just obsessed with Asian people":ladyhaha: I need to find that quote...

LOL for all her intelligence, madonna has never been good with words... she always gives the dumbest answers in the name of being "direct" 

Xoxo Adriana

avahxh Bedtime Stories was NOT Madonna's Joanne. While it was less pop that her previous albums I believe she was trying to follow similar works to Björk, as she had debuted a year before BS was released. I would low-key be here for Gaga doing a ROL album, like not something similar to the song itself but such songs as "Frozen", "Nothing Really Matters" and "Candy Perfume Girl". I honestly wanna see Gaga do some kind of Erotica tease for LG6, kinky visuals, controversy like the old days, new sound, bold look. now that right there says ICONIC

River

You only smell what your nose wants to smell

how can death be what you want to be

you’re stolen, when you’re talent is not open.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Lemon Pie
2 hours ago, Mylene said:

Lettuce pray she serve quality like Ray Of God (which is not gonna happen)

Sky fits heaven, drowned girl subtitle luv, skin ... the talent!

lechuga-boston.jpg

:derpga:

𝖎 𝖜𝖆𝖓𝖙 𝖞𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝖘𝖙𝖚𝖕𝖎𝖉 𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊

Suspiria
1 hour ago, Kylie Jenner said:

avahxh Bedtime Stories was NOT Madonna's Joanne. While it was less pop that her previous albums I believe she was trying to follow similar works to Björk, as she had debuted a year before BS was released. I would low-key be here for Gaga doing a ROL album, like not something similar to the song itself but such songs as "Frozen", "Nothing Really Matters" and "Candy Perfume Girl". I honestly wanna see Gaga do some kind of Erotica tease for LG6, kinky visuals, controversy like the old days, new sound, bold look. now that right there says ICONIC

I disagree... I think BS was 100% Madonna's Joanne (or vice versa I suppose).

Although BS was more R&B tinged while Joanne is more soft rock, they were both a definite retreat into "safe" sounds after the backlash from their previous album. Generic ballads that were risk-free, as an attempt to get back on the public's good side, with a couple of bops so as not to lose the fans they still had.

Xoxo Adriana
5 minutes ago, Suspiria said:

I disagree... I think BS was 100% Madonna's Joanne (or vice versa I suppose).

Although BS was more R&B tinged while Joanne is more soft rock, they were both a definite retreat into "safe" sounds after the backlash from their previous album. Generic ballads that were risk-free, as an attempt to get back on the public's good side, with a couple of bops so as not to lose the fans they still had.

Remember, Madonna only went tamer with BS because of Erotica's extreme controversy that almost led to her losing her reputation and career. ARTPOP just didn't have the usual sales unlike Gaga's first three albums, and at the time (Joanne era) she admitted she was pretty much finished with pop music. So they're not really similar circumstances. I do get what you're saying though, they both made the desicion to make a tamer album. I think I got the thread title confused with "both albums have the same sound" which is my bad completely. I was thinking there's no way they're anything alike. If anything, majority of Madonna's Music album is her Joanne era.

• CyanLights locked this topic

Archived