Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

LG6 will be Gaga's Ray of Light

Suspiria

Featured Posts

Suspiria

***Don't take this too seriously, I'm just bored***

Ok so I know Gaga and Madonna are totally different artists etc etc stop comparing women etc etc.

But the parallels between this phase of their careers are just undeniable.

After experiencing dizzying levels of fame and success with their first few albums, both artists eventually hit a major slump (Erotica, ARTPOP), facing huge amounts of backlash and a significant commercial decline, seriously tarnishing their reputation in the eyes of the GP.

Both artists then followed this up with safe, tame, ballad driven albums (Bedtime Stories, Joanne) as damage control, to a lukewarm response.

2w5stft.png

220px-Lady_Gaga_-_Joanne_(Official_Album

This was then followed up by an acclaimed performance in a musical movie (Evita, A Star Is Born). And both films even won the same oscar - best original song!

madonna-you-must-love-me-academy-awards-

lady-gaga-won-an-oscar-2132032.webp

Madonna then released what is widely considered to be her Magnum Opus - Ray of Light. A sonically cohesive and distinctive album that lyrically touches on a wide variety of interesting and personal topics. The visuals and looks for the era are considered some of her best (though retrospectively perhaps a bit culturally insensitive), it was released to overwhelming positivity. Truly an artistic and commercial highlight of her career.

madonna GIF

excited nothing really matters GIF

LG6 is gearing up to be a true return to form for Gaga. Maybe it will indeed become her best era yet?:stalkga:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Suspiria
15 minutes ago, insight said:

She will have her Ray Of Light when she has her first born and joins Kabbalah

We need Gaga to do some travelling to get the dusty regular middle-American girl next door out of her system:ladyhaha:

For real though, I'm excited for her to have a child and see how it impacts her songwriting.

Maleficent
11 minutes ago, insight said:

She will have her Ray Of Light when she has her first born and joins Kabbalah

^^this is true--what made ROL so special was the SPIRITUAL place Madonna was in during writing/producing; not the COMMERCIAL place she was...

Mylene

Lettuce pray she serve quality like Ray Of God (which is not gonna happen)

Sky fits heaven, drowned girl subtitle luv, skin ... the talent!

Maleficent
1 minute ago, Mylene said:

Lettuce pray she serve quality like Ray Of God (which is not gonna happen)

Sky fits heaven, drowned girl subtitle luv, skin ... the talent!

girl is u having a stroke? 

Mylene
3 minutes ago, Maleficent said:

girl is u having a stroke? 

luv.. tha don’t make no cents!

Fame Romance

It’s also coming 15 years into her career so LG6 in 2023 confirmedT:ally:

Lyndinha

"This was then followed up by an acclaimed performance in a musical movie (Evita, A Star Is Born). And both films even won the same oscar - best original song!"

Whos gonna tell her?

vV3XBjc.gif

21 minutes ago, Suspiria said:

(though retrospectively perhaps a bit culturally insensitive)

because of her geysha looks?

idk there's a thin line for cultural appropriation

while yes you wouldn't like someone mocking your culture, evoking aspects of it as homage having done your studies on it, or because you really like it (anime > cosplay culture) meaning no offense isn't as sensitive to the people belonging in that culture as it is for the people overly concerned with political correctness (the infamous sjw)

i'm not telling you're it

i'm not speaking for madge having good intentions either, i don't know much about the concepts behind those looks, but i wonder if anyone really got offended by that (not taking offence for someone else as is usual nowadays too)

crap i just lectured i'm sorry

let's go Ray of Darkness :pawsup:

ice heard one side from above

Lucas

I hope it will be her Ray Of Light but I feel like it will be her "Music" era (fun music to enjoy, with no message) when I see the producers she's working with. I know Gaga can do anything but I don't imagine her singing about mature topics on a SOPHIE/Boys Noize/Skrillex instrumental :sweat:

MrHappy
45 minutes ago, Suspiria said:

***Don't take this too seriously, I'm just bored***

Ok so I know Gaga and Madonna are totally different artists etc etc stop comparing women etc etc.

But the parallels between this phase of their careers are just undeniable.

After experiencing dizzying levels of fame and success with their first few albums, both artists eventually hit a major slump (Erotica, ARTPOP), facing huge amounts of backlash and a significant commercial decline, seriously tarnishing their reputation in the eyes of the GP.

Both artists then followed this up with safe, tame, ballad driven albums (Bedtime Stories, Joanne) as damage control, to a lukewarm response.

2w5stft.png

220px-Lady_Gaga_-_Joanne_(Official_Album

This was then followed up by an acclaimed performance in a musical movie (Evita, A Star Is Born). And both films even won the same oscar - best original song!

madonna-you-must-love-me-academy-awards-

lady-gaga-won-an-oscar-2132032.webp

Madonna then released what is widely considered to be her Magnum Opus - Ray of Light. A sonically cohesive and distinctive album that lyrically touches on a wide variety of interesting and personal topics. The visuals and looks for the era are considered some of her best (though retrospectively perhaps a bit culturally insensitive), it was released to overwhelming positivity. Truly an artistic and commercial highlight of her career.

madonna GIF

excited nothing really matters GIF

LG6 is gearing up to be a true return to form for Gaga. Maybe it will indeed become her best era yet?:stalkga:

Im agree 

• CyanLights locked this topic

Archived