Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

MARINA - LOVE + FEAR

Gam

Featured Posts

Emigrante
1 minute ago, Judas Oyster said:

That's good! Glad you enjoy it.

I thought so too bc I've seen interviews but idk. I'm thinking about some years ago when she was quitting music. I was expecting her to really quit for many many years. So from my perspective it feels like some manager made her make this album when she wasn't just ready. I'm not saying it's a bad album it just feels like something very significant is missing out. I know she supposedly only wanted to erase "the Diamonds" from her artistic name but it feels like something more is erased. But then again I'm not a big fan so that's why I'm asking you guys. I wanted to like some of the songs. I think some of the hooks are good but idk maybe it's just the beats I find really boring and unoriginal.

artists are evolving. You cannot expect her to drop the same sound over and over. This album is more experimental for her that's for sure.

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Emigrante

Oh so she switched producer/s for this album? But same on Electra and Froot? Maybe that's why I'm finding it kinda boring/unoriginal. I'm really into beats which means lyrics and vocals come after to me.

Froot was almost entirely produced by herself. That's it. She doesn't have many producers on her albums. 

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

Oh so she switched producer/s for this album? But same on Electra and Froot? Maybe that's why I'm finding it kinda boring/unoriginal. I'm really into beats which means lyrics and vocals come after to me.

Pretty sure FROOT had one producer on the whole thing but I could be wrong

But yeah, they're all different producers

lastfm - https://tinyurl.com/4x28kakr⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀steam - https://tinyurl.com/mbyp5as5

The last chorus of To Be Human still makes me tear up, she really went off with those vocals

:bradley:

lastfm - https://tinyurl.com/4x28kakr⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀steam - https://tinyurl.com/mbyp5as5

mamo

I love love and I'm listening to fear as i'm typing this and I can already tell I'm going to love this whole body of work on first listen. 

KARMA -  EMOTIONAL MACHINE - TOO AFRAID are my standouts on fear so far. TA reminds me of 'I'm a ruin' and I'm here for it!

wow she truly did that. 

edit:

now i've taken a full listen, my favourites from each side are: 

love

superstar

orange trees

enjoy your life 

true 

end of the earth

fear

believe in love 

life is strange

emotional machine

too afraid (this might possibly be my favourite from both sides - so f*cking good)

you can serve it to me ancient city style...

HausOfHarlow

Y'ALL THIS ALBUM!!!! It is so amazing! Downloaded the link but have my official paid-for digital copy from my tour ticket purchase coming any day now. 

LOVE was amazing and I am really enjoying FEAR! Favs have to be Enjoy Your Life, To Be Human, End of the Earth and then Believe In Love, Life Is Strange, Karma, Too Afraid, and Soft to Be Strong. Really strong album with lots of good tracks. I was hoping and wishing for a Buy the Stars-esque ballad, but oh well. 

Lastly, Please Don't Call Me is a fabulous addition to the end of Fear :)

Damon

I'm a bit dissapointed though, not feeling it that much , I thought Fear would do the trick  but it didn't

... and now i just sit in silence.

Am I A Girl

I’m just disappointed she changed You :( ever since the leak I’ve been so excited for the song. Don’t get me wrong the final is cute but the demo was even better!

shame
7 hours ago, TeenIdle said:

I expected a bit more from You

this feels like a personal attack :laughga:

but lowkey same. wish she kept the 80s synths and ad libs from the demo snippet. but i still love it

angels forever, forever angels

LUO YI

Finally gave it a listen :ladyhaha: it is a great album but I'm only saving the 6 tracks that I'm going to play. 

The night sky tells all

Brainiac

I have no words to describe how in love with FEAR I am. The entire album is great. Marina's outdone herself.

Archived