💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Let's talk MDNA

Phoebe Buffay

Featured Posts

voidfigure
18 hours ago, Phoebe Buffay said:

over the years, i've seen a lot of negative thoughts directed to this album and i wanna ask why?

I think it's an okay album with fun pop songs. I'm not a Madonna fan but I got interested in MDNA because a friend of mine went to the tour date in my city (and M was shooting the Turn Up The Radio video near my high school 😂) and I have to admit the tour visuals were great.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
swakby

The album wasn't that bad, but exceedingly mediocre by Madonna standards. When you hear her sing "every record sounds the same, you better step into my world" on the album's lead, you would think that the record would be something exceptional - while in reality the entire album sounded like The Chainsmokers demos that were rejected by their management. With a few decent moments, it just blends when compared to any other Madonna era, even with the great opening of the tour. 

andreas85

MDNA is still one of the most disappointing albums ever and Madonna's worst album. All the songs on MDNA are either mediocre or just completely forgettable. It was actually surprising to see that after this she released "Ghosttown", one of her best ballads ever.

elijahfan
14 hours ago, sillynate said:

What are your guys’ opinions on Erotica the song?

Pure brilliance. Those other songs are like bad parodies of this one.

"I'm A Sinner." makes the sh*tty filler on most of the rest of the album worth it.

"Bday Song" is fun. Playfully stupid/simple, as opposed to just stupid/simple/lazy songwriting elsewhere on the album.

"I'm Addicted" has interesting lyrics and really slick production. A standout.

... Other than that, ladies, I've got to say that MDNA is mostly forgettable... Or, the songs are just memorably bad and remind us why MDNA is often considered her absolute worst album.

6 hours ago, ode said:

"I'm Addicted" has interesting lyrics and really slick production. A standout.

I'm addicted is such a great tune! It's one of the ones I most revisit from MDNA and listen to it all the time! It should have been one of the singles.

dlioncourt91

If she had devoted time to recording and not simply add her touch to writers' demos and focusing on other things like business ventures, the Superbowl, her film, the album may have been better produced and had more heart to it.

AJRocketMan

I would say Rebel Heart is better than MDNA. Living For Love and Joan of Arc are wonderful songs and are great examples of pop music appropriate for a woman in her 50’s.

Reject False Icons
18 hours ago, voidfigure said:

I think it's an okay album with fun pop songs. I'm not a Madonna fan but I got interested in MDNA because a friend of mine went to the tour date in my city (and M was shooting the Turn Up The Radio video near my high school 😂) and I have to admit the tour visuals were great.

Oh wow you got me shook,:udidnt: could you tell me how it was to have Madonna filming a music video in your city? Was it a big moment for Florence? How did everyone reacted to her stay?

I would really like to hear your story,:excited2: It's a one in a lifetime moment:tony:

Fingerella

Know where you’re getting it from festivals girl that drug is dangerous af

SCHEISSEMONTRE

Not her best work, but not worse than the album released in 2015 which I’ll not name.

Mychal

voidfigure
On 4/23/2019 at 4:46 AM, Dream Rider said:

Oh wow you got me shook,:udidnt: could you tell me how it was to have Madonna filming a music video in your city? Was it a big moment for Florence? How did everyone reacted to her stay?

I would really like to hear your story,:excited2: It's a one in a lifetime moment:tony:

Uhmm Florence is not a big city, so it was kind of weird because a lot of streets around her hotel and the stadium where she had to perform were blocked (and traffic in Florence is already terrible by itself...)

I remember there was a big crowd waiting for her at her hotel (a luxury place called Excelsior) but she wasn't there lol. My high school was really close to the hotel and right nearby the filming locations for her music video, but when she was filming it was in summer so I really just went out with my friends to hang around and people knew she was doing stuff in Florence. I can't say it was a big moment for the city because me and my friends really didn't care 😂 and she officially filmed a concert there (same venue too) back in the 80s, so I think that moment was way bigger.

Anyways she brought a lot of money to us: she literally booked half the hotel for her and her dancers, and also rented a private gym to rehearse. 

mr.peter

And am I the only one in the world who likes “I ****ed up” and “super star” 

Archived