Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
politics

Official Canadian Elections Thread

Featured Posts

Economy
5 hours ago, OBEY said:

I wonder if people will actually GO OUT and vote.

The general consensus is that people dont necessary want Justin to stay in power, but they don't want Scheer either... People don't have hope in any of the two parties. 

It sucks when all of the options are meh

Trudeau has done ok in my opinion tho. While i disagree with a few things, overall it wasnt terrible

His federal liberal party at least didnt screw up things as much as the Liberals did here in Ontario jezz...

between screwed up hydro, horrible finances and inadequately slow zoning laws that slowed construction creating a housing crisis... honestly take ur pick :madge:

OBEY
2 hours ago, Economy said:

Pretends to be shocked :poot: 

I saw a bit of the first debate and I was puzzled as to know why Trudeau didn't attend. Sure its the first debate so it's still "early" but everyone except him being there was :deadbanana:

Economy
42 minutes ago, OBEY said:

Pretends to be shocked :poot: 

I saw a bit of the first debate and I was puzzled as to know why Trudeau didn't attend. Sure its the first debate so it's still "early" but everyone except him being there was :deadbanana:

I mean its a big deal no to go so maybe he had a legit reason

ill be honest im not so sure its such a good idea to raise corporate taxes in Canada right now

theres been a big concern over competitiveness here in Canada especially ever since the US Corporate tax cuts. Since then business investment here has gone down

in a perfect world we shouldnt have to compete for big companies but if theres one big down side to globalization, thats one of them 

i wish i got to see the debate but im in portugal right now till monday

OBEY

@Economy do you have an app or a news app that gives us notification about the campaign and keeping us to date with what's happening and the latest developments? it can be hard to keep up sometimes idk where to go :o 

Economy
7 minutes ago, OBEY said:

@Economy do you have an app or a news app that gives us notification about the campaign and keeping us to date with what's happening and the latest developments? it can be hard to keep up sometimes idk where to go :o 

I dont have an app

but theres a few things i do to keep up with general economics and politics especially about the US and Canada

bnn.ca is a site i check everyday. Its Canadas business news network and they post everything major to do with politics and economy especially from Canada and major economies like the US and China

on google everyday i type in:

- Canada Economy

- US Economy

- Oil Prices

i swear it like covers all the basics with the articles that come out

financial post has a lot of news on Canada

cbc news has a lot of news on Canadian politics. Forget stuff like CP24 cuz half the stuff is local news

OBEY

A Toronto Star poll that was taken entirely after the brownface scandal started (Sept 19-21) has the Liberals doing better than they were doing in a poll taken before the scandal.

Sept 11: Conservatives 36.3% / Liberals 32.4%

Sept 19-21: Conservatives 33% / Liberals 33%

http://poll.forumresearch.com/data/315e5a61-ccf8-4b8b-9fe7-aa29e29fd5d9Fed Horserace Sept 21 2019.pdf

• Thanks 1

Economy
1 hour ago, OBEY said:

A Toronto Star poll that was taken entirely after the brownface scandal started (Sept 19-21) has the Liberals doing better than they were doing in a poll taken before the scandal.

Sept 11: Conservatives 36.3% / Liberals 32.4%

Sept 19-21: Conservatives 33% / Liberals 33%

http://poll.forumresearch.com/data/315e5a61-ccf8-4b8b-9fe7-aa29e29fd5d9Fed Horserace Sept 21 2019.pdf

Was wondering if it had any impact tho tbh ppl blew the whole thing out of proportion 

yeah it was wrong but it was so long ago and racism was doubtfully his intent

every over a 20 year period has dirt in their history that if it became public it would make them look like horrible ppl like lets be honest

• Like 1

Economy
12 minutes ago, OBEY said:

@Economy sheer promises to make

mortgages longer on bnn bloomberg article

I saw that article

i agree with Sheers plan to reduce red tape on construction and to free up more federal land both of which would boost housing supply

but i dont agree with getting rid of the stress test or extending the max terms 

the housing market is hot enough. We dont need to make it possible for people to bid even higher forcing ppl ultimately to pay more in the end even if it is over a longer term