Stefani Tee
politics

Official Canadian Elections Thread

Featured Posts

Economy

With Elections fast coming this October and political messages and promo rising I thought it would be useful to have an official thread

3 Main Parties

CONSERVATIVES Led by "Andrew Sheer"(Right Wing)

OCT19_Andrew_Scheer.jpg

LIBERALS Led by current Prime Minister "Justin Trudeau" (Centre Wing)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTDa6zQV6Ibc7Ha2YvYink

NDP Led by "Jagmeet Singh" (Left Wing)

Jagmeet-800x600.jpg

Latest Poll based on favourable views  (not who they would vote for) showed the approval at:

Update: Half of Canadians trust none of the parties to handle the economy according to new poll. 26% favor Conservatives, 25% favour Trudeau's Liberals, almost none favor any other parties. Almost half favour no one

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/canadians-don-t-see-an-economic-champion-yet-in-looming-election-1.1254272

Edited by Economy

hurricane326
Just now, Economy said:

Current Polls Put the right winged Conservatives led by Andrew Sheer ahead on the polls

By how much?

Honey, you got a big storm comin'

Economy

Politics minded people opinions. Even if ur not Canadian u can give ur 2 cents

@JustinTrudeau @OBEY @PartySick @Morphine Prince @OG Gaga Stan @Luc @Woolfsmck @RAMROD @AllThingsGaga @StrawberryBlond

@Postboy

@Melech

I know GGD is full of members into politics but these are the users I remember commenting on politics

Edited by Economy
  • Like 3

Economy
1 minute ago, hurricane326 said:

By how much?

44% for Andrew and 39% for Jagmeet and 36% for Justin

This latest poll is based on favourabke view not who they'd vote for hence why it goes over 100% 

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.thestar.com/amp/vancouver/2019/03/28/scheers-conservatives-lead-in-polls-as-support-for-trudeaus-liberals-erodes.html

I messed up I thought Trudeau was second. I gotta fix OP

RAMROD

I am interested to know what kind of issues and agenda these candidates are offering on their campaign.

Looking the past few years, I am not sure people would re-elect Trudeau again? There are more bad than good during his run, I believe?

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ♥ The ♥ Clowns ♥ Have ♥ Made ♥ Me ♥ Dance ♥ And ♥ Go ♥ Crazy ♥

Nikolai Barrow

Surprised to see the NDP above the liberals. I hope they can actually win it this time.

• Like 3

Economy
Just now, RAMROD said:

I am interested to know what kind of issues and agenda these candidates are offering on their campaign.

Looking the past few years, I am not sure people would re-elect Trudeau again? There are more bad than good during his run, I believe?

The issue with Trudeau is he's a lot of talk and little action. He also doesn't seem to like controversy so he mensses words a lot to no offend either political spectrum and tbh half the time u don't know who's side he's really on which is annoying

Anyway the Conservatives are dead set in fixing Canada's pipeline issues. It's been a big issue in western Canada with two provinces even setting sanctions and threats to eachother over the problem. It's a huge issue that would talk a while to explain. If ud like I can explain in more detail just let me know

The Liberals are focused on the housing crisis and trying to make housing more affordable. The big issue is nothing they are doing is actually going to make much of a difference. Also their other pledge is to continue to run small deficits to stimulate economy rather than balancing budget like the other 2 parties

The Left Wing NDP always wanna raise regulation, raise Corporate taxes. They say they wanna balance budget just like conservatives. The NDP usually favour a national child care program which I actually agree with even tho I don't usually support NDP

• Thanks 1

Economy
Just now, Nikolai Barrow said:

Surprised to see the NDP above the liberals. I hope they can actually win it this time.

In surprised too. The NDP haven't won in decades

Electric Mary

I dont know much about canadian politics, i mean, how is the conservative party  in Canada? A Bunch of homophobic, racist and extremist religious freaks or are they more "soft" ?

OG Gaga Stan

Don't pay nearly as much attention to Canadian politics as I do American politics, but I'm obviously rooting for the NDP. Trudeau's demonstrated pretty definitively the fundamental failings of neoliberalism and the ineffectiveness of liberal politicians strategy of simultaneously trying to appease business, banking and oil executives while disingenuously projecting a progressive image to marginalized people.

Economy
Just now, Electric Mary said:

I dont know much about canadian politics, i mean, how is the conservative party  in Canada? A Bunch of homophobic, racist and extremist religious freaks or are they more "soft" ?

I mean in Canada the conservatives with that kind of thing have been more neutral

They never really push for expansion of rights like LGBT or even support them during debates but once they are implemented they typically get used to it and leave it alone

For example in 2005 when Liberals made same sex marriage legal nationwide (only 2 Provinces allowed it before that) they weren't on board but once it became legal, the Conservatives become in power in 2006 to 2015 and never tried to reverse it

Basically they don't usually push for change at the time like the Liberals or NDP but once the change happens they typically leave it alone. They don't try to reverse them

On economics tho yes they are quite right winged. They like to cut spending on programs so they can cut taxes and make government smaller

Ironically when it comes to Military tho the Conservatives had practically frozen spending. It was Trudeau who raised it when he came into power but tbh I think part of it was pressure from Trump who said NATO needed to ramp up military spending

Economy
5 minutes ago, OG Gaga Stan said:

Don't pay nearly as much attention to Canadian politics as I do American politics, but I'm obviously rooting for the NDP. Trudeau's demonstrated pretty definitively the fundamental failings of neoliberalism and the ineffectiveness of liberal politicians strategy of simultaneously trying to appease business, banking and oil executives while disingenuously projecting a progressive image to marginalized people.

I mean Trudeau did increase child care benefits to families and cut middle class bracket taxes slightly. He also raised the top income bracket taxes from the 29% the conservatives had to 33% so it's not like he was appealing to businesses and crapping on the little guy

He did indirectly reduce Corporate taxes with the new accelerated capital expense write offs but tbh that was kind of necessary to match changes in America or we were gonna lose a lot of investment to the US :shrug:

Justin isn't my fav candidate for a few reasons but he didn't crap on the little guy in favour of the businesses like ur suggesting I don't think

Unless u mean cuz he wants the pipeline built but that too has become a bit of a critical need

Edited by Economy

PunkTheFunk

The conservatives will win this election unfortunately. 

af6npe9u40z11.jpg

#Marianne2020

Economy
4 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

The conservatives will win this election unfortunately. 

af6npe9u40z11.jpg

So far that seems to be it but the last 2 months often things swing around a lot

Also, this is not a big lead. We'd be looking at a minority government probably if elections were held now

Tho minority governments tend to be messy. It's hard to pass anything and elections again in a couple years are almost guaranteed

Melech

After reading about about the candidates I think that Trudeau is the best choice. 

I can’t really tell who is better of the other two. I like Sheers foreign politics more, but I like Singh politics about woman and LGBT rights more. 

Edited by Melech