Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
science

Warning! Earth's Magnetic Field Deteriorati Accelerating! Technology Risked

Featured Posts

PartySick
3 minutes ago, Economy said:

It does weaken during different point in the cycles tho without the core going hard

Β 

The solidification would be the only way it would be completely gone tho

Not enough to do any damage to the biosphere though...maybe confuse some migrating animals...but you've already said multiple times that you don't mean it'll be an extinction event so ignore me :sweat:

πŸ”ͺπŸšπŸΉπŸ’‹πŸ’ŽπŸ’…πŸ’ƒπŸ”΅πŸ·πŸ‘ πŸ‘—πŸš¬πŸ’ŠπŸ’•πŸ‘

Economy
Just now, Robagaga said:

@Economy

I really respect your threads and love them however I do believe you will alienate more people with that article as its a bit extreme and fearmongery.Β 

I would recommend this video by tech insider.Β 

It's pretty well rounded and gives good info and has good sources.Β 

Maybe you could edit your first post and include it instead?Β 

The pole is moving, it COULD mean that we are headed for a flip.

Keep in mind key word is COULD

Our planet is as unpredictable as gaga's releases.Β 

Β 

I will change the link to another one that was commented on by another user. It still talks about the weakening of the poles and it's potential impact on things like our technology

Β 

I never to imply that the more extreme scenario of organic life being at risk was by any means a likely scenario. Just that that threat has occured long in the past by the most extreme cycle known to date (the one over 500M years ago). Tho even that one didn't end up killing life. It just threatned it

• Like 1

Economy
1 minute ago, PartySick said:

Not enough to do any damage to the biosphere though...maybe confuse some migrating animals...but you've already said multiple times that you don't mean it'll be an extinction event so ignore me :sweat:

If it weaked enough like in Mars yes it would tho there's no evidence that will happen

Β 

Also I meant it can risk life if a cycle is extreme enough like the cycle 541 Million years ago

Β 

That cycle seems like it was an outlier tho as there's been many cycles since then and none of them as extreme as that one

• Like 1

PartySick
4 minutes ago, Economy said:

If it weaked enough like in Mars yes it would tho there's no evidence that will happen

Β 

Also I meant it can risk life if a cycle is extreme enough like the cycle 541 Million years ago

Β 

That cycle seems like it was an outlier tho as there's been many cycles since then and none of them as extreme as that one

But every mass extinction opens up so many new ecological niches so if it does happen, hopefully the next sentient being isn't as much of a f*ck up as we are :vegas:

Economy
Just now, PartySick said:

But every mass extinction opens up so many new ecological niches so if it does happen, hopefully the next sentient being isn't as much of a f*ck up as we are :vegas:

Not all extinctions do. If Mars had life, that extinction didn't lead to anything good :emma:

Tom Hardy

I shouldn't have read this threadΒ :fail:.
Won'tΒ sleepΒ tonight and i'mΒ scaredΒ :air:.Β 
Β 

π’π•πˆ 𝐌𝐈 πˆπŒπ€πŒπŽ ππ„πŠπ„ π’π•πŽπ‰π„ ππ‘πˆπ‚π„ πŠπŽπ‰π„ ππˆπŠπ€πƒπ€ ππ„π‚π„πŒπŽ πˆπ’ππ‘πˆπ‚π€π“πˆ

PartySick
5 minutes ago, Economy said:

Not all extinctions do. If Mars had life, that extinction didn't lead to anything good :emma:

Well the planet itself kinda died and it'd take our careful and deliberate direction to revive itΒ :poot:Β Earth would probably be able to recover from whatever we can throw at her. The old girl has another 500 million-1 billion habitable years left on her before the Sun gets too hotΒ :diane:

Just enough time for those tree squid things from that Discovery channel mocumentaryΒ to evolve. I think it was called "future planet" or something :huh:Β it was about humans sending a probe back to Earth far in the future after we've found a new home planet. They made a Discovery kids show out of it too :poot:

THE FUTURE IS WILD!! That's what it's called :diane:Β I remember bopping to the music when those bioluminescent sharks were on screen :tony:

Edited by PartySick

Economy
Just now, Tom Hardy said:

I shouldn't have read this threadΒ :fail:.
Won'tΒ sleepΒ tonight and i'mΒ scaredΒ :air:.Β 
Β 

Lol the worst case scenarios don't seem likely tho

Β 

The most likely risk to come true is that if we get the bad luck of getting a bad solar storm right when the magnetic field hits its lowest points in the cycle it could damage our satellite systems. That's the most vulnerable technology we have

Β 

For it to destroy our technology down here tho or even worse affect life and the atmosphere it would have to be a really bad cycle.

Β 

Even the worst magnetic cycle that saw earth's magnetic field drop to the weakest it's ever been 541 Million years ago didn't end up destroying life or our atmosphere

Β 

I'm sure a cycle that bad might affect our technology down here tho but probably not organic life

• Like 1

Tom Hardy
4 minutes ago, Economy said:

Lol the worst case scenarios don't seem likely tho

Β 

The most likely risk to come true is that if we get the bad luck of getting a bad solar storm right when the magnetic field hits its lowest points in the cycle it could damage our satellite systems. That's the most vulnerable technology we have

Β 

For it to destroy our technology down here tho or even worse affect life and the atmosphere it would have to be a really bad cycle.

Β 

Even the worst magnetic cycle that saw earth's magnetic field drop to the weakest it's ever been 541 Million years ago didn't end up destroying life or our atmosphere

Β 

I'm sure a cycle that bad might affect our technology down here tho but probably not organic life

Can we do anything about it?Β :gum:

π’π•πˆ 𝐌𝐈 πˆπŒπ€πŒπŽ ππ„πŠπ„ π’π•πŽπ‰π„ ππ‘πˆπ‚π„ πŠπŽπ‰π„ ππˆπŠπ€πƒπ€ ππ„π‚π„πŒπŽ πˆπ’ππ‘πˆπ‚π€π“πˆ

Economy
14 minutes ago, PartySick said:

I think in 1 Billion years if humanity was still around we'd be so advanced we could recharge the sun if we wanted to or make whatever adjustments to the planet we needed to. Even adjust its orbit if necessary

Β 

We may not even exist in organic form anymore and wouldn't be concerned with things like temperature etc

Β 

Something tells me humans might be the most advanced carbon based life in our galaxy

Β 

A few more centuries or mileniums of advancement and we may move on to some kind of digital existence....

Β 

Given the huge time spans of the universe, the next most advanced race after us is probably thousands of years ahead of us and already not existing in organic form

Β 

I'm speculating but it's a possibility

Β 

Edit: u changed ur comment. I meant to reply to ur original one. I had to refresh the page and didn't realize u edited itΒ :madge:

Edited by Economy

Economy
Just now, Tom Hardy said:

Can we do anything about it?Β :gum:

No!

Β 

Unfortunately at this time were not advanced enough to prevent the effects of this on our technology or organic life (if the event was extreme enough to affect that)

Β 

If we're lucky tho, and we don't get any really bad solar storms when our magnetic field is at its weakest point we should be fine. Even our satellites which is our most vulnerable technology should be ok

• Thanks 1

PartySick
5 minutes ago, Economy said:

I think in 1 Billion years if humanity was still around we'd be so advanced we could recharge the sun if we wanted to or make whatever adjustments to the planet we needed to. Even adjust its orbit if necessary

Β 

We may not even exist in organic form anymore and wouldn't be concerned with things like temperature etc

Β 

Something tells me humans might be the most advanced carbon based life in our galaxy

Β 

A few more centuries or mileniums of advancement and we may move on to some kind of digital existence....

Β 

Given the huge time spans of the universe, the next most advanced race after us is probably thousands of years ahead of us and already not existing in organic form

Β 

I'm speculating but it's a possibility

Β 

Edit: u changed ur comment. I meant to reply to ur original one. I had to refresh theο»Ώο»Ώο»Ώ page and didn't realize u edited itΒ :madge:

We'd have to supply the Sun with stellar masses of hydrogen...idk what kind of tech we would need for that but woah boy :air:Β We might live in a digital arc by then like in the video game Soma :giveup:

One of the ideas is that we're either one of the earliest or one of the last intelligent species out there. Depends on where the "great filter" is in relation to our development. It's a scary thought either way imo.

All I did was add the name of the documentary that I'm definitely going to find and watch when I get home :diane:

sillynate

That’s so scaryΒ :ohno:Β life as we know it can end and there’s not a damn thing we can do about itΒ :ohno:

Economy
21 minutes ago, PartySick said:

We'd have to supply the Sun with stellar masses of hydrogen...idk what kind of tech we would need for that but woah boy :air:Β We might live in a digital arc by then like in the video game Soma :giveup:

One of the ideas is that we're either one of the earliest or one of the last intelligent species out there. Depends on where the "great filter" is in relation to our development. It's a scary thought either way imo.

All I did was add the name of the documentary that I'm definitely going to find and watch when I get home :diane:

I've read about this too. Has to do with the generation of stars. Only when the first generation of stars died a few billion years ago did heavier elements get created for solar systems to work with. When the universe first created very few elements existed making the existence of complex life very difficult or unlikely

Β 

Going by that time span and earth's development Humans may be one of the earlier intelligent life to emerge especially since earth has had an incredibly relatively undisturbed process for life to evolve considering everything that can go wrong. Even our sun is a more stable star than most

Β 

Of course if this theory is true there would still be many races out in the universe millions of years ahead of us with technology beyond our imagination. At this time were babies still

Β 

But in the universes long term life span humans could very well be among the earliest and most advanced in the universe (assuming we don't die off from something). Because peak star formation hasn't been reached yet, most alien life that will exist hasn't even started evolving yet so look at how ahead we are!

Β 

I hope humanity becomes more ethical tho because the way we are now, we would not be very kind or considerate to less advanced alien life and if we had too much power in the universe :duck:

• Like 1

PartySick
1 hour ago, Economy said:

I've read about this too. Has to do with the generation of stars. Only when the first generation of stars died a few billion years ago did heavier elements get created for solar systems to work with. When the universe first created very few elements existed making the existence of complex life very difficult or unlikely

Β 

Going by that time span and earth's development Humans may be one of the earlier intelligent life to emerge especially since earth has had an incredibly relatively undisturbed process for life to evolve considering everything that can go wrong. Even our sun is a more stable star than most

Β 

Of course if this theory is true there would still be many races out in the universe millions of years ahead of us with technology beyond our imagination. At this time were babies still

Β 

But in the universes long term life span humans could very well be among the earliest and most advanced in the universe (assuming we don't die off from something). Because peak star formation hasn't been reached yet, most alien life that will exist hasn't even started evolving yet so look at how ahead we are!

Β 

I hope humanity becomes more ethical tho because the way we are now, we would not be very kind or considerate to less advanced alien life and if we had too much power in the universe :duck:

Yup yup, 'cause stars can't fuse iron or anything heavier so once they hit that point, they've exhausted their energy. But in massive stars, once iron was created they'd quickly go supernova and in those explosions, forces were so great that iron could fuse. All heavy elements were birthed in the deaths of the most massive stars. The iron in your blood, the calcium in your bones, and all the lighter elements (save hydrogen and helium) were created in starsΒ :flutter:

I could definitely see us being like the aliens from Independence Day...trotting from planet to planet, destroying them and harvesting their resources despite what may already be living there...not pretty :awkney:Β so I hope we grow a soul before going intersteller as well.

Can I just say it's been a treat to speak to you about these things over yourΒ last few threads? :hug:

• Like 1