Apple Music
science

Warning! Earth's Magnetic Field Deteriorati Accelerating! Technology Risked

Featured Posts

Lady Rah Rah
16 minutes ago, Economy said:

11 years to what? Lower carbon emissions significantly?

I think so, but I'm not certain. I mean, the article could've been complete lies, but I know it definitely said "11 years left to save the planet"

Stanning since '09

SwissMonster

I just want to experience my enigma show in June tbh, so If we could wait until then, that would be appreciated :madge:

On a serious note: we dead :madge:

WarriorPhoenix

This article is bullsh*t I'm afraid

It was written by Michael Snyder, and if all of his predictions were true we would've all been killed already by super volcanoes, earthquakes, nuclear disaster, continental shift, collision with other planets and just about every other catastrophe. He's a fearmongerer who has no scientific qualifications

“And his unkindness may defeat my life, But never taint my love”
  • Like 1

Economy
20 minutes ago, Lady Rah Rah said:

I think so, but I'm not certain. I mean, the article could've been complete lies, but I know it definitely said "11 years left to save the planet"

That's a very specific number of years which sounds odd. It would be nearly impossible for scientists to estimate to a precise number like this :huh:

I have heard were close to the point of no return tho

If earth warms up even a little more, we could stop polluting completely and earth would continue to warm up on its own because of the carbon already in the atmosphere that would take a while to clear up, as well as the reduced ice coverage in the poles would reduce sunlight being deflected back into space which creates a vicious cycle where more and more of the earth's rays stay on earth warming it up

Economy
1 minute ago, WarriorPhoenix said:

This article is bullsh*t I'm afraid

It was written by Michael Snyder, and if all of his predictions were true we would've all been killed already by super volcanoes, earthquakes, nuclear disaster, continental shift, collision with other planets and just about every other catastrophe. He's a fearmongerer who has no scientific qualifications

Yeah maybe I didn't choose the best source as he does dramatize certain things

However the material is very real. Other sources talk about the same issue and it's been a talked about concern among scientific community for some years especially the potential impact on our satellites and other space technology as they are the most vulnerable

WarriorPhoenix
Just now, Economy said:

Yeah maybe I didn't choose the best source as he does dramatize certain things

However the material is very real. Other sources talk about the same issue and it's been a talked about concern among scientific community for some years especially the potential impact on our satellites and other space technology as they are the most vulnerable

I agree that a pole shift could happen, however it's very possible that satellites will be the only thing affected. It's more than likely that we will barely notice, with satellites and possibly electronics being the only things affected, I do not think it poses a direct risk of mass extinction.

It's very real that the magnetic north pole is moving, if I remember correctly it's a centimetre a day or something? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Economy
Just now, WarriorPhoenix said:

I agree that a pole shift could happen, however it's very possible that satellites will be the only thing affected. It's more than likely that we will barely notice, with satellites and possibly electronics being the only things affected, I do not think it poses a direct risk of mass extinction.

It's very real that the magnetic north pole is moving, if I remember correctly it's a centimetre a day or something? 

I know the rate of movement and weakening has been accelerating more and more. I don't know exactly how much a day now but it's really sped up

And if our satellites were damaged tho, we'd notice. GPS, telecommunications systems, air navigation would all be destroyed

It actually would still be a big deal

• Like 1

WarriorPhoenix
1 minute ago, Economy said:

I know the rate of movement and weakening has been accelerating more and more. I don't know exactly how much a day now but it's really sped up

And if our satellites were damaged tho, we'd notice. GPS, telecommunications systems, air navigation would all be destroyed

It actually would still be a big deal

I know we'd notice, I'm not sure about the whole mass extinction thing though.

Economy
Just now, WarriorPhoenix said:

I know we'd notice, I'm not sure about the whole mass extinction thing though.

That's super unlikely I never said that was a likely outcome

We've gone thru countless polar flip cycles throughout earth's history and the last time one bad enough to pose a threat to organic life happened was over 500 Million years ago

So yeah, super unlikely

I do worry about our technology. Especially if we had the bad luck of getting a bad solar storm right when our magnetic field is at its lowest point in the cycle :ohno:

• Like 1

PartySick
2 hours ago, hurricane326 said:

541 million years ago life was just appearing

Multicellular life* :gaycat: single celled organisms are thought to be as old as 3.5 billion years...don't mind me, just being a snob :poot:

OT: I've heard of it shifting but the only way it'd weaken is due to the solidification of Earth's core (which is what happend on Mars). If that were to happen as quickly as "the span of a few hundred years" then we're dead already tbh :poot:

I don't need you to respect me, I respect me. I don't need you to love me, I love me.

Robagaga

@Economy

I really respect your threads and love them however I do believe you will alienate more people with that article as its a bit extreme and fearmongery. 

I would recommend this video by tech insider. 

It's pretty well rounded and gives good info and has good sources. 

Maybe you could edit your first post and include it instead? 

The pole is moving, it COULD mean that we are headed for a flip.

Keep in mind key word is COULD

Our planet is as unpredictable as gaga's releases. 

Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Economy
Just now, PartySick said:

Multicellular life* :gaycat: single celled organisms are thought to be as old as 3.5 billion years...don't mind me, just being a snob :poot:

OT: I've heard of it shifting but the only way it'd weaken is due to the solidification of Earth's core (which is what happend on Mars). If that were to happen as quickly as "the span of a few hundred years" then we're dead already tbh :poot:

It does weaken during different point in the cycles tho without the core going hard

The solidification would be the only way it would be completely gone tho

PartySick
43 minutes ago, Lady Rah Rah said:

Yeah, at the rate the Earth is warming, in 11 years it'll be warm enough that carbon trapped in rocks and the ocean will begin to be released. After that, we're powerless to stop it.

It's actually how we think we can terraform Mars - warm it enough so carbon trapped in the soil and ice caps is released naturally, then import Earth plants and bacteria to transform the carbon rich atmosphere into a breathable one within a matter of centuries.

That process on Earth though would be a definite global killer. Very few organisms would be able to survive/adapt. We definitely would be able to hold on but at what cost? Nations would crumble, billions would die, it'd be apocalyptic.

I don't need you to respect me, I respect me. I don't need you to love me, I love me.