💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Closest You’ve Been to Unstanning Gaga?

Sakrai

Featured Posts

Diamond heart99
1 hour ago, Borislshere said:

Nothing she’s done has made me want to unstan but her fans have become extremely unbearable at times to where I take breaks from her. 

This.

I’m blonde, I’m skinny, I’m rich and I’m a little bit of a bitch

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PrinceGaga

the swine SXSW performance made me think that she had officially lost the plot. Like ARTPOP had screwed her up and everything was ruined. Thank god she got over that. Never stopped stanning though. I think I muted her for a week then I crawled back.

Thomas P
1 hour ago, Enigma said:

I'm so glad I could attend the other date cause my mom was fuming too :laughga:

My dad said no and made me refund my ticket :selena:

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Enigma
3 minutes ago, Thomas P said:

My dad said no and made me refund my ticket :selena:

omg I'm so sorry for you :noparty:

hope you'll get to see her soon :hug:

Suspiria
1 hour ago, Ktaylor99 said:

I guess its how you need her to be provocative constantly to find her to be authentic? Also same way I don't see how fans can hate Joanne.

I couldn't care less about her being "authentic". 

She's a pop artist and entertainer. For me, she is at her best when she's making work that is above all entertaining, but also thought provoking and clearly expresses something in an understandable way. The SXSW Swine performance was exceptionally entertaining (think how many people were talking about it), but it was also pretty understandable to anyone who actually thought about it - literally purging herself of all the anger and rage she feels towards someone (in this case her rapist). And I think it had a pretty big impact on a lot of people, yes because it was so graphic and shocking and memorable.

I personally find it hard to be moved by someone singing some acoustic or piano ballad, I've heard trillions of them, they don't stick in my brain long enough to think about them. I find it much easier to be moved by something that really is shocking and fresh, and holds my attention and forces to try and understand it more deeply.

Whether or not any art is "authentic" is impossible for anyone to say except the artist. So I think there's no point in ever even considering that as a factor...

Thomas P
24 minutes ago, Enigma said:

omg I'm so sorry for you :noparty:

hope you'll get to see her soon :hug:

Ya me too :pray:

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Cerny
9 hours ago, Pray4FameGa said:

Yeah, I’ve always felt this too.

It’s because she’s such a bold daring artists, she’ll risk it all on stage and fully commit and when it doesn’t work it can be truly cringe. But when it hits it’s so beyond what anyone else can do.

I think a good moment demonstrating this quality of hers is the Superbowl football catch. There was so little to gain from that tiny moment but it could have ****ed the whole performance. No other artist would have dared. I mean what if it slapped her in the face on the way down, instant meme career over. It’s that ability to risk everything and own those moments where there’s no floor beneath her that make her so captivating and inspiring imo, so I tend to forget the small cringe moments and just look forward to the next time she’s able to fully realise her vision.

That’s a good point, one that I think most people (me included) don’t entertain often. Partially because anything could ruin a performance, forgetting or mixing up your words and not hitting a crucial note being the obvious ones. But absolutely, when you just delivered a rendition of God Bless America/This Land is Your Land and then proceed to dramatically descend from the ceiling mimicking a spider and looking like a heroine, putting an end to your spectacle by getting hit in the face by a thrown ball or missing the ball and most definitely put a stain on whatever you just did before it no matter how cool it may be is not something most people would risk. But she does.

Another example of this observation of yours would be the ARTPOP performance at The artRave album release party in Brooklyn, my favourite Lady Gaga performance, no doubt. Walking through a drunken crowd and singing while you’re wearing a Gareth Pugh piece that blocks your peripheral vision is pretty risky, a couple of unruly fans making a move and the mesmerizing performance could have turned into complete chaos. Yet she thought of it, went for it and the result was extraordinary.

Arturo
7 hours ago, Suspiria said:

I can't believe fans hate SXSW. For me that performance is one of her crowning artistic achievements. It felt like true performance art - totally unfiltered, not watered down in any way. Extreme, honest, emotional and totally entertaining. One of the highlights of her career, without a doubt:firega:

I just found it sad. Like it was such a small part of the festival and such a big thing to do for that small of an audience. The worst part is that no one cared. Like you do that and the only response you get is “oh...she did that? Kinda gross. Didnt know she was still around”

FlopSlurper

When she announced Vegas I blocked her from everywhere for months, and only took my stan card back when I attended JWT :poot:

Also during during that whole Epione mess

teenagechrist

I've never thought of unstanning her. The tributes era was kind of boring and I was desperate because I wanted new music from her so bad, but that's about it. 

feeling so hot tamale

PlanetChromatica
On 3/21/2019 at 1:14 AM, Enigma said:

When I was 15 and drove 6 hours to her show only for it to get cancelled 10 minutes before door opening (Montreal) :noparty:

Otherwise mainly during the post-JWT era. I just felt like nothing exciting came from her anymore. She wasn't as close to us, nor as bubbly, and I didn't relate to anything new she did.

She was recovering and getting treatment for her Fibro condition at that point, of course she wasn't on social media or releasing anything  :fail:

On topic: I have NEVER even thought of unstanning her, not one doubt. There have been times when I haven't enjoyed something shes done as much but that's it.

Archived