Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

My Filmmaking Reel with Gaga Music

Defmix100

Featured Posts

NewUsername
1 hour ago, Defmix100 said:

Thanks!

and with Pulse I know it's really ambiguous and some other people have thought the same as you, but basically he is a hit man on his way to the latest target and he keeps seeing signs that he should stop and not go through with this, he's tapped into the phone of the target who calls his(the targets) daughter and during this call is when our main character envisages her in the mirror (I completely see how it has a ghostly vibe and why people would think it's his daughter though, but it's basically him thinking of the child of his target and him not wanting to go through with it)

oh wow, that's actually a really interesting plot! Great job :firega:

Defmix100
52 minutes ago, JourneyToAvalon said:

Lmao, I can relate to this so much! No one really knows about the stuff I've done, I've actually dabbled in 3D a bit myself and I started when I was young just like you did. But you came SUCH a long way and all by yourself like.. I can't even comprehend that. I thought you at least took a 4 year undergraduate program to study all this.  Did you seriously not? :laughga:

This video is incredible! I just saw the VFX breakdown and my mind is blown!  I've seen CGI much worse in actual TV shows. *cough*OnceUponATime*cough*

Honestly, congratulations.. not a lot of people have the ability or opportunity to do something they love (and be so good at it the way you are) and seeing your work and hearing your story, it just warms my heart.

I hope there's a lot more down the road for you and we'll be seeing a lot more stuff from you in the future (hopefully someday in the big screen:staymad: ).

Wow thanks so much! that's really great to hear and I hope so too! Slowly building up contacts in the industry although the bigger ones are more friends of friends atm. And while CGI in tv is getting so much better even on smaller shows I have seen stuff which could be done better by people I know, although they sometimes have such short turnarounds on tv shows to get things done.

And no I haven't taken any vfx courses haha, might sound stupid but I don't actually want a career in post production, I want to be a director so if I do end up doing a course at a film school it will be in directing. So what do you do? Is it work or personal projects?

avalon x
16 minutes ago, Defmix100 said:

Wow thanks so much! that's really great to hear and I hope so too! Slowly building up contacts in the industry although the bigger ones are more friends of friends atm. And while CGI in tv is getting so much better even on smaller shows I have seen stuff which could be done better by people I know, although they sometimes have such short turnarounds on tv shows to get things done.

And no I haven't taken any vfx courses haha, might sound stupid but I don't actually want a career in post production, I want to be a director so if I do end up doing a course at a film school it will be in directing. So what do you do? Is it work or personal projects?

No problem! :runhug:

I'm surprised you didn't take any course in this field like at all, not just VFX, haha. Because the first video you posted had a lot of work involved like directing, editing, VFX, etc.

I just used to do 3D rendering as a hobby (Maya, Blender, Keyshot, XNALara).. well, not just 3D rendering there were a couple of things I tried (for fun) but I never was that good at any of them. :laughga: I used to mod character models from games, render 3D models, manipulate premade renders, make wallpapers. There was a time I tried coloring digitally too but didn't do much of that, lol.

Most of the stuff I did are here. It's just the artwork though, I used to post my models on another forum.

Defmix100
23 minutes ago, JourneyToAvalon said:

No problem! :runhug:

I'm surprised you didn't take any course in this field like at all, not just VFX, haha. Because the first video you posted had a lot of work involved like directing, editing, VFX, etc.

I just used to do 3D rendering as a hobby (Maya, Blender, Keyshot, XNALara).. well, not just 3D rendering there were a couple of things I tried (for fun) but I never was that good at any of them. :laughga: I used to mod character models from games, render 3D models, manipulate premade renders, make wallpapers. There was a time I tried coloring digitally too but didn't do much of that, lol.

Most of the stuff I did are here. It's just the artwork though, I used to post my models on another forum.

Yeah I mean I usually do everything throught pre to post production but I want to get stronger in each aspect since I only know the basics of some right now

And that's awesome! Maya was used for a character animation in my latest short. So Koei-Warrior is you? There's really cool stuff on there and some great lighting choices :) why did you stop?

avalon x
30 minutes ago, Defmix100 said:

Yeah I mean I usually do everything throught pre to post production but I want to get stronger in each aspect since I only know the basics of some right now

And that's awesome! Maya was used for a character animation in my latest short. So Koei-Warrior is you? There's really cool stuff on there and some great lighting choices :) why did you stop?

That's me. :D Thank you! 

Oh cool! I used to know a bit in Maya but if you don't keep doing it, you tend to forget. :sweat: Thankfully keyshot is much easier to catch so I used that for my Overwatch renders back in 2017. That was the last thing I did.

I guess there were a couple of reasons, back then I didn't have a lot of stress in my life and tons of free time. But then I had to focus on which university I wanna study in, what I'm gonna study, etc. And once I got in it just got worse with all the coursework and exams. (It didn't get better after I graduated either because of work, applying abroad and so on.) 

I was slowly losing inspiration and drive as it is then the community in the forum I was a part of kind of broke apart and  all of that happened. (And DeviantArt is such a mess, I could go on. :saladga:)

In the end, it just required a lot of work (to come up with an idea and executing it) and became more like a chore than a hobby which made me move on from it. I wish I could have studied it and pursued a career in 3D/Gaming but that's not an option where I am. :noparty: 

(Which is why I envy you so much, haha!)

Defmix100
16 minutes ago, JourneyToAvalon said:

That's me. :D Thank you! 

Oh cool! I used to know a bit in Maya but if you don't keep doing it, you tend to forget. :sweat: Thankfully keyshot is much easier to catch so I used that for my Overwatch renders back in 2017. That was the last thing I did.

I guess there were a couple of reasons, back then I didn't have a lot of stress in my life and tons of free time. But then I had to focus on which university I wanna study in, what I'm gonna study, etc. And once I got in it just got worse with all the coursework and exams. (It didn't get better after I graduated either because of work, applying abroad and so on.) 

I was slowly losing inspiration and drive as it is then the community in the forum I was a part of kind of broke apart and  all of that happened. (And DeviantArt is such a mess, I could go on. :saladga:)

In the end, it just required a lot of work (to come up with an idea and executing it) and became more like a chore than a hobby which made me move on from it. I wish I could have studied it and pursued a career in 3D/Gaming but that's not an option where I am. :noparty: 

(Which is why I envy you so much, haha!)

Oh man I'm sorry to hear that, but when a hobby becomes a chore that is the right time to move away but hopefully if you do get some free time in the future you can find something else you're passionate about. My dad is a great artist and he taught me growing up (here's a gaga drawing I did http://www.vfxproductions.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Lady-GaGa-Face.jpg) but with his work he stopped and literally hasn't drawn or painted in over a decade which is sad to see so hopefully you don't lose your creative streak

avalon x
27 minutes ago, Defmix100 said:

Oh man I'm sorry to hear that, but when a hobby becomes a chore that is the right time to move away but hopefully if you do get some free time in the future you can find something else you're passionate about. My dad is a great artist and he taught me growing up (here's a gaga drawing I did http://www.vfxproductions.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Lady-GaGa-Face.jpg) but with his work he stopped and literally hasn't drawn or painted in over a decade which is sad to see so hopefully you don't lose your creative streak

Yeah, that's pretty much what happened to me too. :( 

I've kind of shifted more to singing and dancing and music though (I know, I'm all over the place :laughga:). I really want to take vocal lessons in the future and get better at singing and  learn how to play the piano so that I can perform. That's such a dream of mine. :flutter: I even thought about buying myself a keyboard at one point but.. life kind of got in the way again. (And I literally don't have space to practice anything :rip: )

So that's definitely the next thing I wanna pursue. I mean tbh, if I had the time and the resources, I would do all those things and even more! :sara:

That drawing's beautiful, by the way!  You don't do drawings anymore, do you? (The tiger with the green eye is absolutely breathtaking :nooo: Is that oil?? )

Defmix100
15 minutes ago, JourneyToAvalon said:

Yeah, that's pretty much what happened to me too. :( 

I've kind of shifted more to singing and dancing and music though (I know, I'm all over the place :laughga:). I really want to take vocal lessons in the future and get better at singing and  learn how to play the piano so that I can perform. That's such a dream of mine. :flutter: I even thought about buying myself a keyboard at one point but.. life kind of got in the way again. (And I literally don't have space to practice anything :rip: )

So that's definitely the next thing I wanna pursue. I mean tbh, if I had the time and the resources, I would do all those things and even more! :sara:

That drawing's beautiful, by the way!  You don't do drawings anymore, do you? (The tiger with the green eye is absolutely breathtaking :nooo: Is that oil?? )

you definitely should :) and it's good to be "all over the place" haha I sing and produce music too, having different outlets is good to have different options when there is free time, it's like you don't want to be eating the same meal all the time. And you could possibly get a mini keyboard like a few octaves.

Thank you! glad you like it :) I painted the tiger one when I was 15 in school with acrylics I think, I haven't done any art in years though either except for things like concepts and storyboards for my videos so it is something i should really get into again at some point, my to do list of projects is just so long right now though

avalon x
2 minutes ago, Defmix100 said:

you definitely should :) and it's good to be "all over the place" haha I sing and produce music too, having different outlets is good to have different options when there is free time, it's like you don't want to be eating the same meal all the time. And you could possibly get a mini keyboard like a few octaves.

Omg is there anything you don't do? :ladyhaha: Have you uploaded any of those?

And that's so true. Plus things you're interested in like genres, hobbies, etc. can change and shift over time.

There was a time I borrowed one like that from a friend but then I had to give it back. The problem with a small one is that I can't do those acoustic intros to Eh, Eh or Paparazzi like Gaga used to. :sharon: (And I love them so much, haha!)

2 minutes ago, Defmix100 said:

Thank you! glad you like it :) I painted the tiger one when I was 15 in school with acrylics I think, I haven't done any art in years though either except for things like concepts and storyboards for my videos so it is something i should really get into again at some point, my to do list of projects is just so long right now though

Yeah, I totally get that. Maybe you'll get around to it at some point when you least expect it. :D

Defmix100
11 minutes ago, JourneyToAvalon said:

Omg is there anything you don't do? :ladyhaha: Have you uploaded any of those?

And that's so true. Plus things you're interested in like genres, hobbies, etc. can change and shift over time.

There was a time I borrowed one like that from a friend but then I had to give it back. The problem with a small one is that I can't do those acoustic intros to Eh, Eh or Paparazzi like Gaga used to. :sharon: (And I love them so much, haha!)

Yeah, I totally get that. Maybe you'll get around to it at some point when you least expect it. :D

hahaha yeah here's my music stuff https://soundcloud.com/defmix

and maybe you can do what I do with my keyboard, I have it standing on it's side between my desk and draws, it's like 4 feet tall that way but only a few inches wide so it doesn't take up much space depending where you put it. I'm in the UK so I've gotta go to sleep now so if I don't reply that's why haha

avalon x
26 minutes ago, Defmix100 said:

hahaha yeah here's my music stuff https://soundcloud.com/defmix

and maybe you can do what I do with my keyboard, I have it standing on it's side between my desk and draws, it's like 4 feet tall that way but only a few inches wide so it doesn't take up much space depending where you put it. I'm in the UK so I've gotta go to sleep now so if I don't reply that's why haha

Awesome, thanks! :D 

And that's actually not a bad idea, haha. (You play the keyboard too? :what:)

Good night! It was great talking to youu! :sara:

Defmix100
6 hours ago, JourneyToAvalon said:

Awesome, thanks! :D 

And that's actually not a bad idea, haha. (You play the keyboard too? :what:)

Good night! It was great talking to youu! :sara:

you too :)

Archived