Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

Charts Discussion

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

La Rosalia
14 minutes ago, ImTired said:

The Bodyguard, which is the gold standard of pop movie soundtracks, had 4 singles, think. :vegas:

And by then Spotify didn’t exist , so it’s not a smart comparison at all. People consumption habits have changed.  

• Replies 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ViviLittleM

Gaga’s longest-running songs on the Hot 100:

1. Just Dance — 49 weeks

2. Poker Face — 40 weeks

3. Bad Romance — 35 weeks

4. Shallow — 34 weeks

5. Telephone — 33 weeks

Slovakialop
10 minutes ago, _Scheisse said:

And by then Spotify didn’t exist , so it’s not a smart comparison at all. People consumption’s habits have changed.  

I think that you are all exaggerating the fact that ASIB is a soundtrack. And what about it?

People don't care if it's a soundtrack or a studio album, that's why a soundtrack can have various singles.

Ed Sheeran's Divide had multiple singles which managed to smash even with the whole album being already listened by everyone since the first week. So it doesn't matter that the audience has already heard the songs on the movie.

And the soundtrack and the movie are two separated things, it doesn't matter that the film is out of the cinemas, since people are still willing to listen to the songs (they still sound fresh).

In my opinion they should have milked the soundtrack WW as they are doing in France, with 3 singles.

La Rosalia
1 minute ago, Slovakialop said:

I think that you are all exaggerating the fact that ASIB is a soundtrack. And what about it?

People don't care if it's a soundtrack or a studio album, that's why a soundtrack can have various singles.

Ed Sheeran's Divide had multiple singles which managed to smash even with the whole album being already listened by everyone since the first week. So it doesn't matter that the audience has already heard the songs on the movie.

And the soundtrack and the movie are two separated things, it doesn't matter that the film is out of the cinemas, since people are still willing to listen to the songs (lot of them still sound fresh).

I’m no particularly saying this because it is a soundtrack, but because they released the material all together and even some of the tracks had editorial support that couldn’t be recovered again, such as ARUTW.

This is why I believe that she needs to release 2 singles before the album. Take advantage of the editorial support and then release the album. Just look at it this way, lets say that she released ARUTW as a single in February. By then, most of her fan base was already tired of the song or if they were not, then they didn’t stream the track as many times as they did when they just first discovered. So it’s not optimal anymore to release a single several months after it has already been released (for established artists, of course, those who have a solid fan base that stream their music since the very beginning). This is why remixes are becoming more popular and most artists just release track by track instead of a whole project.

10 minutes ago, LGMonster95 said:

Shallow was suppose to be the first single since the time when they were recording the movie, it's the main song in the movie, the song that they promoted on the trailer and so on. Imagine releasing a whole different song rather then the song that the audience should remember the most out of the movie....

You keep changing your points and not responding to my points. 

Interscope planned radio ressistance for Shallow for 4 months?

Interscope planned to have 3 singles in France, Belgium and some other countries, but only one in US, the biggest market? 

Who does things like these? 

Good luck convincing anyone that a label can plan things like these. 

3 minutes ago, _Scheisse said:

I’m no particularly saying this because it is a soundtrack, but because they released the material all together and even some of the tracks had editorial support that couldn’t be recovered again, such as ARUTW.

This is why I believe that she needs to release 2 singles before the album. Take advantage of the editorial support and then release the album. Just look at it this way, lets say that she released ARUTW as a single in February. By then, most of her fan base was already tired of the song or if they were not, then they didn’t stream the track as many times as they did when they just first discovered. So it’s not optimal anymore to release a single several months after it has already been released (for established artists, of course, those who have a solid fan base that stream their music since the very beginning). This is why remixes are becoming more popular and most artists just release track by track instead of a whole project.

Your points makes more sense for regular releases. Its clear that in this first weeks of the album release, they tried their best to also promote the movie.

It is also clear that in the streaming era more and more people will release multiple singles before the album release, but that wont stop labels and artists to also release singles after the album release. 

Also, Shallow didnt get to no 1 in US 5 months after release because her label did what they do with regular singles. The trajectory of Shallow is very different and it shows that success, even chart succes, can be obtain in many different ways. 

The potential for other singles was there, as we can see by the fact that there were multiple singles in other regions and by the steady streams that ARUTW and INLA continue to get in US and around the world. 

PanPikus
5 hours ago, ViviLittleM said:

A Star Is Born soundtrack is now certified Double Platinum in Poland for selling 40k copies in the country.

Finally :diane:

But I can't believe those little pricks didn't certify Shallow... Like, wtf? :neyde:

Also @Supersonic, streaming counts for certifications in Poland. From 2015 to 2017 it was 250 streams = 1 sale. In 2017 they changed it to revenue, so now there is no way to know how much it is, cause no one knows how much Youtube / Spotify is paying per stream, especially for foreign artists. 

I know it's useless now, but with those old rules, Shallow would be halfway to 3x Diamond already - 250k, using RIAA stats - 415k.

Na Wojtusia z popielnika, iskiereczka mruga, chodź opowiem Ci bajeczkę, bajka będzie długa...

BuzzcutSeason

Katy's new song is really a gamble. I'm definitely not a fan, but this is a make or break song (especially after Witness). Pop is getting crowded - if it's really good she can take the reigns. Miley's in the same boat. It really just comes down to quality - a video, deal can get you so far.

La Rosalia
1 minute ago, Florin said:

Also, Shallow didnt get to no 1 in US 5 months after release because her label did what they do with regular singles. The trajectory of Shallow is very different and it shows that success, even chart succes, can be obtain in many different ways. 

That is true, and we have seen that with Million Reasons as well, but we know as well that the Oscar’s was her last performance. There was no other way to lift another single in the US without a huge moment like that. ARUTW had its video out and was playlisted already.  Many of us refuse to believe this,  But in the US radio does not make streaming hits. Delicate, Sweet But Psycho, etc. Are clear examples of this.

A label after all is a company that wants to optimize its resources because they have plenty of artists and they all need to have at least a small marketing investment. Without a massive viral moment there was no other way for that song to become a hit at least there.

What needed to be done with ARUTW was already done in the US. 

VoldeLorde2
4 minutes ago, BuzzcutSeason said:

Katy's new song is really a gamble. I'm definitely not a fan, but this is a make or break song (especially after Witness). Pop is getting crowded - if it's really good she can take the reigns. Miley's in the same boat. It really just comes down to quality - a video, deal can get you so far.

I don’t think Miley will get a hit unless she puts on a Hannah Montana wig and remixes Best of Both Worlds. The music she played at the festival/concert wasn’t promising 

BuzzcutSeason
Just now, VoldeLorde2 said:

I don’t think Miley will get a hit unless she puts on a Hannah Montana wig and remixes Best of Both Worlds. The music she played at the festival/concert wasn’t promising 

Lol. I think Miley can always come out of the woodwork anytime. She's a wild card - especially if she's pushing a more rhythmic single or something for radio. Bangerz was huge, and even though it wasn't the material people wanted, the comeback with Malibu also had tons of attention.

LGMonster95
17 minutes ago, Florin said:

You keep changing your points and not responding to my points. 

Interscope planned radio ressistance for Shallow for 4 months?

Interscope planned to have 3 singles in France, Belgium and some other countries, but only one in US, the biggest market? 

Who does things like these? 

Good luck convincing anyone that a label can plan things like these. 

Look at the way they promoted and rush all 3 songs (without Shallow) at the same exact time, you simply wont do that if you want other singles to have their time in US. Intercope didn't plan anything in those other countries (they were late aswell) her french label etc most likely wanted this to keep on with the hype for the soundtrack 

Thrasher

Ed Sheeran feat. Adele :rip: 

This one will take Shape Of You crown on streaming platforms.

EDIT: apparently it’s fake? 

“Come over, when you’re sober”

Fame Romance
4 minutes ago, Thrasher said:

Ed Sheeran feat. Adele :rip: 

This one will take Shape Of You crown on streaming platforms.

EDIT: apparently it’s fake? 

Has to be fake

Would end the universe’s career 

Smithy
26 minutes ago, BuzzcutSeason said:

It leaked?

• Admin locked and unpinned this topic

Archived