LG6
tech

Apple Addresses Spotify’s Claims

Featured Posts

BenG
24 minutes ago, JR Gg said:

All the Apple supporters thinking this is a good response:selena: 

Probably also think that Apple purposely damaging their battery life through iOS updates is for users' good :ally:

Erm since when did Apple damage the battery life? It does the opposite :koons:

hg1171
30 minutes ago, JR Gg said:

All the Apple supporters thinking this is a good response:selena: 

Probably also think that Apple purposely damaging their battery life through iOS updates is for users' good :ally:

They are not purposely damaging your phone’s battery. :saladga: They are limiting the phone’s performance to prolong battery life. What Apple did wrong about that was they did not disclose any information about it. 

perpetually lonely
  • Like 3

JR Gg
41 minutes ago, hg1171 said:

They are not purposely damaging your phone’s battery. :saladga: They are limiting the phone’s performance to prolong battery life. What Apple did wrong about that was they did not disclose any information about it. 

Oops the other way around.

What Apple did wrong was to do that at all. :shrug: it didn't give consumers a choice and violated consumer rights. :shrug: Limiting performance to preserve battery life? No, the fact was that their battery optimisation was crap and had issues with the phone itself. So, they decided to resolve that issue by creating another issue instead of solving it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batterygate

• Like 1

hg1171
26 minutes ago, JR Gg said:

What Apple did wrong was to do that at all. 

They had to fix the random shutdowns so it was not wrong that they issued an update to fix it.

36 minutes ago, JR Gg said:

it didn't give consumers a choice and violated consumer rights.

I agree with you here. They should have been clear that the software update will limit the device performance to prevent the shutdowns.

perpetually lonely

FrankMonster
2 hours ago, iCpro said:

Regardless of whether or not they have other platforms they can operate on, a HUGE percentage of Spotify’s users come from Apple’s products, and if Spotify wants to use apple’s products to make money then it’s only fair that Apple take a cut of that for providing the infrastructure that allows Spotify to earn money.

Well... That might sound right but it's not. Apple is using it's influence to benefit themselves to achieve a monopoly. Apple knows Spotify can't afford those cuts and the promo budget to push a product that's gonna be more expensive that Apple Music. Apple can pay artist more, charge less to customers and advertise however they want because they earn money from other products and services. They can operate Music for years on loss. 

Say Spotify decides to leave the app store because it's no longer profitable, what do you think it would happen?  Apple would have the power to do anything they want because customer would have no choice when it comes to streaming services. By that I mean, stop improving their service,look how iTunes never got real improvements after it became most popular platform. Prices to customer will def. rise and for sure payouts, at least to smaller artist will either stagnate or start dropping.

Before you tell me iOS user have choice to decide otherwise, same thing Apple is doing to Spotify it can do to Google Play Music, Amazon or another company who tries to get in the app store. Their choice would be switching to Android but being real, doubt people who are loyal to brand would do it just for a music service, even if they pay 1-5$ more a month for it on iOS. And look, if Google did they same to Apple on Google Play, be sure Spotify and Apple would have complained as well. Google Play is fair because all of competitors have the SAME opportunities to thrive. Google is not designing it's app store so it's not profitable for competing services. 

• Thanks 1

Twitter

Apple handled that! Now if they could handle their iPhone prices. 

2018_gaga1@2x.gif

An American online news and social networking service.

VenusHooker

Let me play ARUTW on Spotify :bye:

💥 GARZILAZO 👽 HOT LIKE MEXICO, REJOICE 🇲🇽

lovedillon

I’ve never liked Spotify... & this is exactly why. I refuse to give my money to a company that tries to profit off of & then hurt artists. It’s disgraceful & the way they’ve treated Apple is horrifying. I’m proud of Apple & their response. Get em Jade

ItWasntLaauv

Guess who’s still gonna use Spotify tho? Literally everyone lmao, It’s just too good. :flower:

• Like 1

Queen of Venus

“Drops to 15%” that’s still bad sweetie

me & my designer vagina

tomdsgn
21 hours ago, derpmonster said:

That's not really true though. Apple isn't being mature and is just tactful. They have a position of power here and knowing their tactics throughout, I know they're not a "good" company. They're just as evil and whiny as any other big company trying to get its way. 

Spotify's complaints are real and include things that many have complained about before. 

Good business =/= evil 

RAMROD
33 minutes ago, ItWasntLaauv said:

Guess who’s still gonna use Spotify tho? Literally everyone lmao, It’s just too good. :flower:

It is not that ot is good. Almost 90% of them use it because it is available for free. So, "good", is  subjective here:shrug:

Granted most users will stop using it once they remove this free account. 

There were 191 million monthly active users of Spotify according to the company's official Q3 2018 report. Of these, only 87 million were Spotify Premium subscribers.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ♥ DORMIR ♥ PELADA ♥ É ♥ MAIS ♥ GOSTOSO! ♥