Gaga Daily Youtube
tech

Apple Addresses Spotify’s Claims

Featured Posts

hg1171

https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2019/03/addressing-spotifys-claims/

Some key points they have pointed out:

In revenue: “As Spotify points out, that revenue share is 30 percent for the first year of an annual subscription — but they left out that it drops to 15 percent in the years after.” :messga:

In business: “Spotify wouldn’t be the business they are today without the App Store ecosystem” :oops:

In royalties: “Spotify sued music creators after a decision by the US Copyright Royalty Board required Spotify to increase its royalty payments. This isn’t just wrong, it represents a real, meaningful and damaging step backwards for the music industry.” :koons:

Edited by hg1171
perpetually lonely
  • Like 13
  • YAAAS 2
  • Love 1
  • Shook 2

BenG

Damn. Apple sounds so mature here and Spotify just looks like a whining kid.

• Like 25
  • YAAAS 1

RAMROD

That is  good one

Edited by RAMROD
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ♥ Si ♥ Vis ♥ Pacem ♥ Para ♥ Bellum ♥

RAMROD

:golfclap:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ♥ Si ♥ Vis ♥ Pacem ♥ Para ♥ Bellum ♥

derpmonster
3 minutes ago, BenG said:

Damn. Apple sounds so mature here and Spotify just looks like a whining kid.

That's not really true though. Apple isn't being mature and is just tactful. They have a position of power here and knowing their tactics throughout, I know they're not a "good" company. They're just as evil and whiny as any other big company trying to get its way. 

Spotify's complaints are real and include things that many have complained about before. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

iAstroLeo

I'm on Spotify's side :ohwell:

"In business: “Spotify wouldn’t be the business they are today without the App Store ecosystem” "

This is just a tragic response tbh

• Like 18
  • YAAAS 1
  • Sad 1

hg1171
4 minutes ago, iAstroLeo said:

I'm on Spotify's side :ohwell:

"In business: “Spotify wouldn’t be the business they are today without the App Store ecosystem” "

This is just a tragic response tbh

I agree. As if Spotify have other means of distributing their app on iOS beyond the App Store. 

Edited by hg1171
perpetually lonely
  • Like 8

iAstroLeo
5 minutes ago, hg1171 said:

I agree. As if Spotify have other means of distributing their app on iOS beyond the App Store. 

The thing is that if companies like Spotify didn't make apps for iOS, it'd be Windows Phone all over again :smh: 

• Like 3

Kimihiro

Apple states that to sustain app store they take a percentage. Of course they would like to protect their interests still. 

FUNK ME DOWNTOWN.

doppelganger

The ios is a closed system of course Apple wants its customers to use their apps and services. It’s not that Apple users are not aware of this ...

• Like 1

JR Gg

All the Apple supporters thinking this is a good response:selena: 

Probably also think that Apple purposely damaging their battery life through iOS updates is for users' good :ally:

Edit: Damaging performance for battery life

Edited by JR Gg
  • Like 10
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

neptugne

Apple came through with the FACTS. I’m surprised Spotify would make a video like that.. imagine they took it off the App Store :laughga: 

• Like 1

iAstroLeo
20 minutes ago, doppelganger said:

The ios is a closed system of course Apple wants its customers to use their apps and services. It’s not that Apple users are not aware of this ...

They're not :selena:

Maybe techies are aware, but not the typical user.. :smh: 

iCpro
1 hour ago, hg1171 said:

Regardless of whether or not they have other platforms they can operate on, a HUGE percentage of Spotify’s users come from Apple’s products, and if Spotify wants to use apple’s products to make money then it’s only fair that Apple take a cut of that for providing the infrastructure that allows Spotify to earn money.

G A G A
  • Like 2
  • YAAAS 1