• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nemo

• HausOfMark

• Allison M

• Hypocrateen

MonsterMum

:awkney: step in her shoes for a day, trying to make the fans happy, amidst their meltdowns, struggling to ignore hordes of negative press daily, disputes with the label which are evident, and a manager to hire, try and tell me you wouldn't lose yourself, you'd have to be a tough, tough cookie

Flawless post  :worship:

Gov Hooka

You'd be surprised. I know plenty of people in real life who stupidly think that. They just hear what the media says about her and that's it. Same reason why everyone loves beyonce now, why they loved Gaga a couple of years ago, and why everyone's loves Jennifer Lawrence. They've been praising the latter to high heavens that I'm afraid the poor girl will have to battle a storm if ever the media decides that it's time to drag her.

Well then maybe i just hang out with media literate people then.  :shrug: Jennifer Lawrence is really interesting though in terms of her media appreciation. 

ChasingGhosts

I'm sorry but I have to disagree with her there. People telling me my writing was **** gave me the drive to be better and be happier with my talents. If those people never openly hated my work when it was bad, I never would have known that it was bad and would never have improved as an artist or a person.

I get what you mean and I think she knows that, but there's a difference between constructive critism and pure hate or dismissing something for no logical reason.
Born This Way > Joanne > The Fame Monster > The Fame > ARTPOP

ManuelMonsterr

Guess the reviews and negative press really got to her. Wish she'd stop giving a **** about what other people say like she used to

she used that as her recipe book now idk whats going on

taylor has a beautiful heart and soul. it is why i love him. because when i love him i feel him that he is also in love with all of you. will protect and spread your message eternal"

â—â—â—TALKING ABOUT TAYLORâ—â—â—

Signature loading… 👹🖤

Illuminati Freak

I'm kinda done with the poor me vibe. Get over it already honey you are huge popstar take the good with the bad, it comes with the territory. Her peers ain't constantly whining about the negative sh*t going on in their lives. She constantly focus' on and addresses the negativity because she's been feeding it all this era. 

Edited by Illuminati Freak

JaggedMonster

You'd be surprised. I know plenty of people in real life who stupidly think that. They just hear what the media says about her and that's it. Same reason why everyone loves beyonce now, why they loved Gaga a couple of years ago, and why everyone's loves Jennifer Lawrence. They've been praising the latter to high heavens that I'm afraid the poor girl will have to battle a storm if ever the media decides that it's time to drag her.

The fact that even news station have reported on it as real fact tells you how much the art of true journalism has gone to ****

DirtyLittleMonster

No label would spend 25 million dollars, for ****'s sake on an album campaign...Not in this economy or in this industry's current climate. 

Well then I guess we should all shut up and mindlessly love everything she does. Whatever, opinions and personal thoughts are overrated anyway. Let's all kiss her ass and we will all be happy!! YAY  :awesome:  :awesome:  :awesome:  :awesome:  :awesome:

EGOT2027

To be honest....I think she really struggles with her record company.  She didn't even necessarily want "Applause" to be on the album and then they chose it as the lead single.  She had Venus chosen from the beginning and I think she really gets hurt when she works so hard on the music and then they control how she releases it.  And then I think something went down with the second single too because someone at Interscope posted via a cover photo that the second single was Gypsy before it was announced.  Maybe they wanted it as a single and she didn't and they fought over that as well.  This is all just speculation though.  Even if she gets along with her label...I think Capitol or RCA would be better just because they seem to be better planners and single choosers.  

I'm sorry but I have to disagree with her there. People telling me my writing was **** gave me the drive to be better and be happier with my talents. If those people never openly hated my work when it was bad, I never would have known that it was bad and would never have improved as an artist or a person.

*Except she's already an established artist, she doesn't need anyone to tell her she's bad, she wouldn't be here if she was bad.