💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Should Gaga keep working with songwriters?

Defmix100

Featured Posts

I don't mind collaboration, even if it's her writing to a producer's track. Gaga working with so many indie legends on Joanne, in hindsight, was a ploy for credibility in non-pop genres but the popstar practice of poaching songs, like PI & CTM, will never not be odd and a little unnecessary in her case.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Miel

On the topic of songwriting with others, I think she likes working with other songwriters and producers. She's always very intense about collaborative work, even so much as other songwriters and producers saying that she's absolutely either the main writer (what Mark said with Shallow) or even producer,(like Rick Rubins said for Dope, I think) of a song, and is just very generous with credits. I know that's the not the case with all her songs, but at least most.

She's definitely capable as a solo writer. Both Speechless and You and I are absolutely incredible songs with great lyrics, melodies, and overall arrangement. I agree with @Didymus that she should showcase this more in the future.

3 points in and ready for more

Runway
1 hour ago, Glamourpuss said:

Now it feels like bs when she says it. 

Sure that’s why she has an oscar, a grammy and an Songwriters Hall of Fame Icon award for her song writing  :sure:

Glamourpuss
6 minutes ago, Runway said:

Sure that’s why she has an oscar, a grammy and an Songwriters Hall of Fame Icon award for her song writing  :sure:

But there are songs she obviously didn't write. :triggered:

That's what I'm showing my dislike of. A songwriter shouldn't have a song in their discography that they didn't write a word of. :triggered:

(Obviously not including covers before the pedants show up to correct me). :excuseu:

Runway
1 minute ago, Glamourpuss said:

Well obviously she didn’t write lush life and bang bang :sure: 

Glamourpuss
Just now, Runway said:

Well obviously she didn’t write lush life and bang bang :sure: 

What did I just say? :triggered:

You guys are predictable. :saladga:

Runway
2 minutes ago, Glamourpuss said:

What did I just say? :triggered:

You guys are predictable. :saladga:

Gaga has never stolen a writing credit, all her collaborators have agreed she has made worthy contributions that change the final product. You are just pick and choosing sis :sure:

Glamourpuss
4 minutes ago, Runway said:

Gaga has never stolen a writing credit, all her collaborators have agreed she has made worthy contributions that change the final product. You are just pick and choosing sis :sure:

I never said anything about her stealing. :triggered:

Can you comprehend anything that you read?

Runway
1 minute ago, Glamourpuss said:

I never said anything about her stealing. :triggered:

9 minutes ago, Glamourpuss said:

A songwriter shouldn't have a song in their discography that they didn't write a word of. :triggered:

If she didn’t write a word and still had a credit that would be stealing

learn how to write perhaps ? :sure: 

McYves

Alanis Morissette in 2002 released "Under Rug Swept", she wrote every song and produced the whole album by herself only to prove she can do it. She even played guitar and keyboards on several songs. I truly hope Gaga do something similar in the future.  I love almost everything that Gaga has recorded, written, co-written, etc., but it would be so amazing to have a 100% Gaga album some day.

Don't wanna kiss, don't wanna touch, just drink my ****ing coffee and watch 90's cartoons and hush

Glamourpuss
3 minutes ago, Runway said:

If she didn’t write a word and still had a credit that would be stealing

learn how to write perhaps ? :sure: 

Not if there are secret deals. Learn about business perhaps. :sure:

Didymus
10 minutes ago, Runway said:

Not necessarily. In the case of Aura she just paid big money for a fully finished instrumental, both members of Infected Mushroom acknowledged that they hated the final product.

I know a lot of people will say ‘that shows they’re unprofessional’ but the fact that she just paid people (twice now) for their compositions while putting her name on it still feels very un-Gaga tbh.

Miel
36 minutes ago, Glamourpuss said:

That's what I'm showing my dislike of. A songwriter shouldn't have a song in their discography that they didn't write a word of. :triggered:

(Obviously not including covers before the pedants show up to correct me). :excuseu:

I wouldn't say "didn't write", but definitely that she built upon a foundation that was already created (like the example above with Aura). I feel like quite a bit of ARTPOP was created in the manner that she did with Stache (pre-made instrumental with original lyric and melody creation), except with some additional production. That's kind of funny, all considering in the same album she had her first solo production credit (Venus).

Now, Come to Mama is an interesting case. Did we ever get more information on Father John Misty's "demo"? I've heard elsewhere that his recording was crafted after they worked on it together. Same situation with the Mary Jane Holland and Can't Beat the Machine (or whatever that was called). There was accusations of her lifting that directly from that "original demo", even though the other song still had some instrumentation from her guitarist.

GAH.

3 points in and ready for more

AshIey
2 hours ago, Glamourpuss said:

She needs to work with less song writers and stay away from Father John Misty. I don't mind if they have something to add but when the majority of the song is theirs then it really puts me off. 

One of the reasons I became a fan is because I believed her when she said she wrote everything herself. Now it feels like bs when she says it. 

Why? :selena: He’s one of my fave artists and a great songwriter.

Archived