💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
game

SGS: Night in the Woods

Seeka

Featured Posts

Seeka

Hello folks. I figured since one of my true loves is games (alongside Cthulhu and pizza), I’d start writing suggestions for all the gamers out there. Once a week, or every two weeks, because I’m lazy, I’ll write out a game suggestion for all the gamers out there. I’ll cover where it’s available, its genres, and why it’s awesome and you should play it.

And my first suggestion is actually something rather modern. Be surprised.

banner.jpg

Title: Night in the Woods

Creators: Infinite Fall

Publishers: Finji

Genre: Adventure-platformer, surreal horror

Available On: Steam, PS4, XBox One, Switch

night-in-the-woods-gif-7.gif

Everything sucks.

Mae is 20. Mae is a dropout from college. Mae is a 20-year old dropout returning to her dinky little small town of Possum Springs without anything to show for it. Her life sucks. To make everything worse, her family doesn’t even pick her up from the bus station because they didn’t know she’d be home tonight and she has to walk through a creepy woods filled with suicidal obstacles, memories, and **** logs.

Night in the Woods is an adventure and platforming game following Mae, as she explores Possum Springs, the hometown she left and hoped she’d never return to. Automatically, she tries to pick up relationships where they left off with her friends. Gregg, a gay fox who often gets into mischief with Mae as his partner in crime. Bea, Mae’s old friend from back in the day who has been seriously changed by life. And Angus, Gregg’s boyfriend, an adorkable bear with a fine ass.

Mae knows things have changed though. They’ve never really been the same since she sent that kid to the hospital. Or since Casey went missing.

tidinxgzegzc57epafbb.jpg

Though one can say things definitely changed when, after band practice and eating an absolutely horrid pizza, the gang find a goddamn severed arm in front of the Klik-Klak.

http://i.imgur.com/6hPgrVS.png

Night in the Woods is not a traditional game. Honestly, if you’re not even into games you can play Night in the Woods. It’s a very low effort game. Unless you play Demontower or try to actually play the bass. I wish you luck peeps. But outside of those impossible challenges (seriously why is playing the bass so damn hard?) the game is seriously low effort, and everything can be performed by even the least experienced of players.

qaqvA.gif

giphy.gif

While the game is easy, it’s not exactly short. If you’re only performing the bare minimum to the game? Yeah you can go receive the two main variations of the ending in a day. But if you’re doing everything, you can spend a good week playing a few hours a day. Maybe even more.

Much like the horror genre, the story is more about collecting all the little bits and pieces and patchworking them together into a weird quilt of adult fears. It’s not for those who are expecting a traditional game. Where all the answers can be found without looking.

As for the story, it’s a wonderful thing. Mae is our main character, and as I stated above, she’s returning home after dropping out from college, which is a story many of us can relate to. We go into how weird she feels in her own life as she experiences it.

Then **** happens,

Rather quickly, the story gains both surreal and rather realistic horror elements. Everyone has mental issues and combines with some rather scary happenings around town.

Happenings that Mae cannot explain, nor back-up with evidence. That frightens Mae, so, so much.

Also, the characters are perfect. Have nothing else to say. Everyone is perfect. Everyone. All of them are my children.

AdoredPettyCottontail-size_restricted.gi

FatherlyWeeFunnelweaverspider-small.gif

So, TL;DR:

Pros: Great characters, many of the main being on the queer spectrum. Individual style that is Animal Crossing meets Stephen King. Same thing for the story.

Cons: Far from a traditional game. Style is so individual it may turn people off.

Seeka

Boop. A bump to give this attention. 

Seeka

Boop. A bump to give this attention. 

Archived