💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
life

PSA: USA Target Stores have rare promo ASIB posters in store, ask for them!

ChicaSkas

Featured Posts

ChicaSkas

There are some very artistically beautiful promotional ASIB posters in Target stores across the USA, they are backlit vertical light cardboard inserts, and they are exceedingly rare (try finding them on Ebay, they aren't there) These would make an impressive addition to any Gaga lover's collection, and I encourage you strongly to ask your local Target store managers for these rare pieces when the promotion is over. 

S9VeqEdGx1ZtPrVNU0ORE

I have several Targets in my area and I intend to ask at all of them. Try the Media or Home Electronics manager, or anyone in Signage, which this would technically be. Don't buy the line that they "have to be sent back to the vendor", this is offputting bulloney, and in truth, these rare signs will be destroyed in the next cardboard baler or dumpster they have. 

This is a cardboard baler. Don't let your next piece of art end up there!

Untitled4.jpg

Many years ago (God i can't believe it's been that long) back in 2013, I got these promo posters from WalMart. That walmart has since closed down. 

2rrv5p4.jpg5y8hk.jpg

Don't live in the USA? Don't worry. Keep an eye out in your country for rare tangible physical promotional materials like these. Remember these posters have planned obsolescence, they are DESTINED to be destroyed, so your saving them and reporting about them to the rest of us makes it more likely that they will be preserved by fans and saved from the cardboard recycling jaws of death.

Also, they look BADASS in your house. Remember that, too. :D 

good luck to all and keep us posted!

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The ASIB poster in our local mall is still up and they finished showing the film several months ago :rip:

im planning to talk to the mall admin to see if i could get that huge poster

@ChicaSkas do i have to pay to obtain the poster or will they give it to me for free? 

checkout my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5iGoXYpXnIfLHH1o7H9lxA

ChicaSkas
Just now, L A D Y G A G said:

The ASIB poster in our local mall is still up and the film finished showing the film several months ago :rip:

im planning to talk to the mall admin to see if i could get that huge poster

@ChicaSkas do i have to pay to obtain the poster or will they give it to me for free? 

In most cases, stores or outlets will let you just have it. After all, it's destined to be trashed. 

Once, I had to pay a charitable donation to get a promo poster ( Gave like $5 or $10 dollars) 

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

ChicaSkas

I'm really really hoping someone on GGD works for TARGET :giveup:

little legend

is this true?or its another trick from little monsters to boost the sales?

:laughga:

ChicaSkas
2 minutes ago, little legend said:

is this true?or its another trick from little monsters to boost the sales?

:laughga:

Forgive me but I don't follow you.... these are real posters intended for store display and promotion. 

The trick is to ask for them from the management or employees at the stores BEFORE they are removed and destroyed. I've done this for years with franchises from Disney to Pokemon to Gaga, and I own a ton of rare posters. They are rare because not everyone knows they can ask for and potentially get them. 

Miichael

I went to buy the Blu-Ray steelbook at JB Hi-Fi the other day here in Sydney, and they had a couple of really cool displays for ASIB but I'm nervous to ask for them which is a shame because they'd be such a nice addition to my collection :giveup:

I may build up the courage next time I go there to ask :awesome:

Do you have any tips on how to ask to possibly maximise the chance of getting one? :fan:

Born This Way Ball - 20/6/12 | artRAVE: The ARTPOP Ball - 30/8/14 | LA To The Moon Tour - 2/4/2018

ChicaSkas
Just now, Miichael said:

I went to buy the Blu-Ray steelbook at JB Hi-Fi the other day here in Sydney, and they had a couple of really cool displays for ASIB but I'm nervous to ask for them which is a shame because they'd be such a nice addition to my collection :giveup:

I may build up the courage next time I go there to ask :awesome:

OMG please. Here , let me help you.

Go tomorrow. Do not wait. Someone else can get there ahead of you, another fan, an employee, or it might be spirited away in the middle of the night by an instore signage crew replacing it with the next promo!

First, photograph the HECK out of them. That way, even if you don't get them, they are at least documented as existing.

Second, try this:

You: "Hi, I was wondering, do you know who I could talk to, to see about getting this lovely store display for this movie? I'm a big Lady Gaga fan and I really would love to see this on my wall."

Depending on what they say, you can follow up with:

"I know it's not usually something you'd come across every day, someone asking for something like this, but it's so cool, it would be such a shame to know it's going to be thrown away when the promo is all over..."

Usually they have to check with a boss, or they will ask for your number... make sure to give them a good day time phone number for yourself and also make sure you get the name of the employee or boss, and the store's number so you can follow up. Stay on it. Employees can forget at times. This has happened to me too in the past.

If you come in, friendly, several times to check, they will recognize you and might even be sympathetic. 

Miichael
2 minutes ago, ChicaSkas said:

OMG please. Here , let me help you.

Go tomorrow. Do not wait. Someone else can get there ahead of you, another fan, an employee, or it might be spirited away in the middle of the night by an instore signage crew replacing it with the next promo!

First, photograph the HECK out of them. That way, even if you don't get them, they are at least documented as existing.

Second, try this:

You: "Hi, I was wondering, do you know who I could talk to, to see about getting this lovely store display for this movie? I'm a big Lady Gaga fan and I really would love to see this on my wall."

Depending on what they say, you can follow up with:

"I know it's not usually something you'd come across every day, someone asking for something like this, but it's so cool, it would be such a shame to know it's going to be thrown away when the promo is all over..."

Usually they have to check with a boss, or they will ask for your number... make sure to give them a good day time phone number for yourself and also make sure you get the name of the employee or boss, and the store's number so you can follow up. Stay on it. Employees can forget at times. This has happened to me too in the past.

If you come in, friendly, several times to check, they will recognize you and might even be sympathetic. 

Thanks, I'll definitely be trying this! Probably can't make it in tomorrow but I will be very soon!

Do you have a collection of pictures of the various Gaga displays you have? I'd love to see them :party:

Born This Way Ball - 20/6/12 | artRAVE: The ARTPOP Ball - 30/8/14 | LA To The Moon Tour - 2/4/2018

ChicaSkas
13 minutes ago, Miichael said:

Thanks, I'll definitely be trying this! Probably can't make it in tomorrow but I will be very soon!

Do you have a collection of pictures of the various Gaga displays you have? I'd love to see them :party:

This the rarest one (besides the C2C tour one from the Wiltern, which was one of 12 made)

M5bwBnP

I have more that I can't get to to photograph at the moment. :deadbanana:

At Wiltern on 2-8

qONdpl6

A few days later in my room:

utZGdoRJc9IHfQ

Gaga4stef
42 minutes ago, ChicaSkas said:

I'm really really hoping someone on GGD works for TARGET :giveup:

I know people who do, but I'm not sure I want these "posters" bad enough to ask for them.

Every time we say goodbye baby it hurts

ChicaSkas
6 minutes ago, Gaga4stef said:

I know people who do, but I'm not sure I want these "posters" bad enough to ask for them.

Umm...... *shyly coyly looks at you*

I do <3

Hahahahha. Seriously, you should ask for the resell value alone. Hardcores like me will pay you for them.

warrentw

My local Asda here in the UK had this amazing display which actually started to play shallow when you walked by it.

I went to ask if I could have it the day after seeing it but they had already removed it (two days after release :() apparently the reason they got rid was due to all the dvds on the left being sold. I take it a lot of people got this as a valentine present 

996506-D1-DC1-F-4-FE5-ACB7-93-D65-DE5-CD

I was in the same store last night because they had a smaller display still out and I asked about that one and the guy said I can give it to you now and took the picture off the front of the display 

9-DEF5869-4-C33-4-B15-B076-B71-C14-FF6-F

I bent the top and bottom so I’m left with just the picture

CE36-CAE8-1-EC5-4-BFC-8931-39-F5-F347532

ChicaSkas

Damnnn those are both gorgeous. Note the alternate poster art in the one you missed out on! Amazing!!! 

Archived