189 members have voted

1. 1. Are you praying?

• Yes I am praying
    • Yes I am praying

Featured Posts

FinnishGypsy
8 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

If anything she can always be an upset. :shrug:

Considering this is GGD, thousands of upsets are guaranteed, irrespective of whether Gaga sweeps the awards or goes home empty-handed. :huntyga:

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nodandsmile
35 minutes ago, FinnishGypsy said:

It always has been, and always will be, no matter what she does (or doesn’t do).

Those anonymous criticisms are overwhelmingly executed by either insecure kids whose own self-esteem has become inextricably tied into their favorite celebrity’s level of success, or bored assholes (e.g., POTUS) who simply get their sole kicks from trolling people (and, let’s face it, the LMs are a great target for trolls because as a group, we are rather, erm, passionate). 

If Gaga hadn’t learned to tune out the “haters” (as well as her own fanbase!) she would’ve lost both her career and sanity by now. Fans of hers should follow by example and do the same: just ignore it. It’s all trivial and meaningless, and life is too short to expend negative energy in that manner.

I wish I could like this 1000 times! It's all noise, but some fans care way too much about them while they are just a bunch of people projecting their anger on her !

Thonin Dyn

Idk the career of each and every nominee this year nor their performance but I know that Glenn's performance is more deserving than gaga's

Serve it, Ancien City style!

nodandsmile

Praying right now? When votes have already been casted?  :ladyhaha:  she's taking BOS, an award most of you been crying over for 3 years now ... Glenn is taking her well deserved oscar, it's a worthy performance (actually all of them except for Aparicio would make a good winner) even though Olivia is my favorite!

25 minutes ago, Thonin Dyn said:

Idk the career of each and every nominee this year nor their performance but I know that Glenn's performance is more deserving than gaga's

Well I disagree, I fail to see what's so great of Glenn's performance this year in comparison to Coleman or Gaga's. But once again, every nomination is well-deserved and any of them could win. I'd just be happy if this one went to Gaga or Coleman.

underneath the pine

2 hours ago, Gangie said:

Imagine if she wins Oscar for BA but lost one for Shallow...

That would be EPIC.

seeth Hive & Madonnanation

DeleteMyAccount

As much as I do love Gaga, I feel like I don't want her to win a Best Actress Oscar for this specific role. Especially when her musical contributions were much more interesting/groundbreaking for her. And tbh, a skill that she still isn't being recognized for besides the polished/glam side of performing the songs. 

I would love to see Gaga win for a role that is from completely left field. I know it's odd that I think this, but I think she is capable of so much more; acting wise. 

Pierre
46 minutes ago, SimplyTheBest said:

Praying right now? When votes have already been casted?  :ladyhaha:  she's taking BOS, an award most of you been crying over for 3 years now ... Glenn is taking her well deserved oscar, it's a worthy performance (actually all of them except for Aparicio would make a good winner) even though Olivia is my favorite!

Olivia has the best performance.

Glenn has a solid performane + it's her year.

❝Is not blue, not turquoise, not lapis. It's actually cerulean❞.

FinnishGypsy
1 hour ago, Glamourpuss said:

I don't need to pray. I believe in her. 

I believe in Gaga, but most importantly, I don’t believe in God. So, I won’t be praying either. :vegas: But she’ll have all the positive energy I can possibly muster coming her way tomorrow. 

FinnishGypsy
1 hour ago, TMM90 said:

That would be EPIC.

seeth Hive & Madonnanation

I don’t know about her fans, but it’s pretty hilarious how Madonna herself seethes so unabashedly; it’s like a toddler throwing a temper tantrum in public. I don’t know how anyone defends her atrocious behavior. But it’s so painfully funny to witness her constant meltdowns.

The fact that she always wanted to be an actress, and yet currently holds the honorable distinction of having more Razzies than any other person, just the BA nomination for Gaga, during her first starring role, no less, (and extremely likely impending BOS win) has made her so pathetically jealous that she even started (deceptively and PUBLICLY) bitching about being the very first person in the entire world to ever come up with a phrase that included “99 people in a room.” :ladyhaha: She is seriously almost as immature, delusional and self-absorbed as Trump.

And I’m sure the jealousy has to be particularly compounded by the fact that during her sole acclaimed film role (I.e., Evita), her performed song for the movie DID actually win BOS at the Oscars, but since she didn’t write a single word, it’s not even her award. (And obviously, she didn’t get a BA nomination, because, well...look at the Razzies). 

It’s just honestly so sad that at her age, with her magnitude of accomplishments, she’s still such a petty and insecure person. Even all of her “tributes” to recently deceased legendary artists (Prince, Aretha Franklin, etc) wind up drawing widespread anger, given it’s always just a self-congratulatory moment for herself and the separate entity that is her massive ego.

I mean, she truly has zero self-awareness, it’s quite amazing to watch (particularly as she seems to inexplicably regard herself as some sort of pseudointellectual; my favorite part about Madonna interviews, aside from that fake British accent she “picked up” like a day after moving to the UK, is whenever she uses words she clearly doesn’t know the meaning of, as they’re being utilized wholly incorrectly, and yet she actually has the gall to maintain the pretense and even act smug about the extent of her fabricated “vocabulary.”) :ladyhaha:

Also, given she tries really hard to make herself look like some kind of feminist icon, her vehemently tearing down any woman whom she perceives as threatening is really just the icing on the personality cake. 

So yeah, I’m pretty sure tomorrow night Madonna will be seriously wasted and drunk tweeting about how much she hates Gaga, and how she created the universe, and she was the VERY FIRST PERSON TO EVER EVEN SAY THE WORD “SHALLOW,” etc, etc. 

ETA: All of the above was speech-to-text due to broken phone screen; please forgive any weird typos. 

Archived