Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
interview

Gaga's former tour manager: "She was not in it to make money!"

Ronlop

Featured Posts

Katie14

She was in and out of the hospital every week for a year?! :ohno: I dont really like how this guy is acting like that is okay. Her putting so much stress on her body is probably what helped contribute to the chronic physical problems she suffers with now. 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guillaume Hamon
3 hours ago, Antichrist said:

i'm pretty sure the sole purpose of branching out in any type of way is to make money

If I was a popstar I would be okay to do perfume or clothing lines just for the sake of it tho. :D  How fancy is that to have your own perfume? Even the creative process must be a lot of fun! :) Even if I wasn't sure to make money out of it I would gladly accept these offers.

Gaga's creative af and declined many occasions to make more money in her career so I wouldn't be surprised if she went for the creative side in these side projects and saw the potential money gain as a bonus. :) 

SharkmanthaC

I thought he was going to break out into Judas when he said "find your purpose..."

she/her/hers

bluemonkey
10 hours ago, PopThatArt said:

I have a hunch you're not an actual fan of Lady Gaga but a poser. First, newsflash! On various occasions Lady Gaga talked about not wanting to make the perfumes, her management wanted to capitalize on her fame. I suggest watching the Emotion Summit where Lady Gaga spoke about many things including being used to make money. Link: 

Second: She wants to branch into cosmetics and beauty to help people feel good about themselves and their natural beauty, most cosmetic start ups fail quickly, there is no guarantee Lady Gaga will make money, it's just like with other ventures she went into where she put in millions of dollars only to lose it - such as the Little Monsters app, she invested a few million in Backplane which eventually went bankrupt, Little Monsters was taken over by a different company. 

Ok, don’t you think it’s a little delusional to believe that? I mean what else is she gonna say “this is another opportunity for me to make more money!” I mean what else is she bringing to the table that another skincare company that actually have dedicated labs and scientist to create products to help women feel better about themselves. You’re trying to spin her entrepreneurship into looking like passion projects like she doesn’t care that she’s gonna waste more resources to make something that doesn’t matter if it’s succeeds or not, that as long as she made people feel good about themselves and appreciate their beauty by slathering on her product that anybody can already get from a drugstore. How can this be a passion project?

she is a performer/actress so for her doing ASIB and doing it for scale shows that’s a passion project (although she makes up for the pay cut through her royalties from shallow) 

you’re trying to make her like this saint but in reality she’s not and there’s nothing wrong with that. Not everything she does have to be this selfless act. I doubt she likes selling **** but if that pays the bills and your lifestyle, why not? She’s not Allie  and to me I could care less. She worked her way to where she got so she earned it but don’t paint her to be this mother Theresa popstar.

Here is the thing about fame and money: Very difficult to keep both. Especially the more you have. And we can all agree Gaga has a lot of both. At her level of wealth and fame, there are many people dependent on you. When considering anything, she must consider the impact on those who do depend on her. Or she could say. "F-em". But we all know her to be way too generous to think that way. So while money may not have been the original motivation, it certainly is a factor now. The money- what it enables her to do for others. The fame - that's all for her.

Watch As I Dive In

"Is or used to be a millennial". Unclear on the concept of generations, I see. Just nitpicking, I have nothing else to say against this interview.

This thread, though... :smh:

Der Meister

Has she ever said anything about the cosmetic line? NO. 

You guys are hyping this and it has never been announced by her. 

Economy
On 2/19/2019 at 9:31 AM, Emigrante said:

So is she supposed to work for free her whole career? She needs money for her projects, I don't think she's kind of a person that want more, more and more money just for the sake of it. 

I agree she shouldn't work for free. I wouldn't either

But let's not act like she's using her personal money to fund her projects. That may have been the case during her first tour when she went bankrupt

But there's nothing to suggests she's still doing that. And Her net worth is around $300 Million 

Projects are typically payed as part of expenses. Music videos, tours etc have  a budget and part of the revenue goes to that and then whatever profit there is after expenses is the gain (which is split between label and artist, the exact structure of how it's split varies by contract)

Generally artists don't go and take their personal money to pay for their work

The only example since the tour I can think of was the GUY video...

Even if she's doing this on occasion, with the amount of money she has and makes, she doesn't need to sell cosmetics to pay for little side projects her label won't pay for

That being said, there's nothing wrong with being a business woman and making more. She has every right and I don't look down on it at all

But the suggestion that it's to make more money for her projects is just... :rip:

Glamourpuss

You all are so negative. The way I see it is the money is a bonus. I think Gaga would still be doing shows in dive bars if she never got famous. But she had a motivation unlike anybody else to be noticed for her art so she worked really hard for it and it's paid off massively in the end. 

Didymus

Hmm. I mean, I definitely recognize this attitude from her early days (which is what he's talking about btw, he's talking about The Fame) but I think she changed a bit tbh :ohwell: I mean, proportionally she spent more money on The Fame Ball than on her Vegas show :rip: Don't @ me, I know she didn't spend so much money on it in total but coming from nothing and spending money she didn't even have, that kind of dedication to her shows, we haven't seen that in a very long time, let's just be honest about it. The times of her saying "I'd rather spend money on my shows than to buy a house in Malibu" are long gone, and that's ok.

Emigrante
2 hours ago, Economy said:

I agree she shouldn't work for free. I wouldn't either

But let's not act like she's using her personal money to fund her projects. That may have been the case during her first tour when she went bankrupt

But there's nothing to suggests she's still doing that. And Her net worth is around $300 Million 

Projects are typically payed as part of expenses. Music videos, tours etc have  a budget and part of the revenue goes to that and then whatever profit there is after expenses is the gain (which is split between label and artist, the exact structure of how it's split varies by contract)

Generally artists don't go and take their personal money to pay for their work

The only example since the tour I can think of was the GUY video...

Even if she's doing this on occasion, with the amount of money she has and makes, she doesn't need to sell cosmetics to pay for little side projects her label won't pay for

That being said, there's nothing wrong with being a business woman and making more. She has every right and I don't look down on it at all

But the suggestion that it's to make more money for her projects is just... :rip:

She also doesn't have to put out beauty line just to make money. Her reasons can be totally different.

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

Economy
2 hours ago, Didymus said:

Hmm. I mean, I definitely recognize this attitude from her early days (which is what he's talking about btw, he's talking about The Fame) but I think she changed a bit tbh :ohwell: I mean, proportionally she spent more money on The Fame Ball than on her Vegas show :rip: Don't @ me, I know she didn't spend so much money on it in total but coming from nothing and spending money she didn't even have, that kind of dedication to her shows, we haven't seen that in a very long time, let's just be honest about it. The times of her saying "I'd rather spend money on my shows than to buy a house in Malibu" are long gone, and that's ok.

Yeah! I was basically saying this too

She's also become accustomed to the Hollywood lifestyle that before she used to bash

U see her interacting with other celebrities a lot more than before. Also she was so pro New York before and now she's in LA

I'm not saying money is all that drives her but there's no denying she no longer has the mentality that money doesn't matter. And she obviously likes her lavish lifestyle now

And like u said, that's ok. If you make a lot of money there's no reason u shouldn't be allowed to enjoy the life of the top 0.1% :shrug:

Archived