đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Worst Grammy winners/snubs?

StrawberryBlond

Featured Posts

Inferno
10 minutes ago, androiduser said:

while I might agree that the 80's albums weren't necessarily winning material, songs like Live To Tell, Into The Groove and a handful of other hits were definitely Song of the Year and Record of the Year material. Not to mention the 90's songs like Vogue, Rain etc

Vogue absolutely a solid contender and the snub was odd. Live to Tell deserved a nom I 'spose, but soty/roty? hmm don't know about that homie. I feel as though Like a Prayer not just as an album but none of its singles sparking noms besides Oh Father's music video nearly 2 years later made zero sense to me. That is a solid example of a snub all around. Beditime Stories being nominated for pop album was generous af, that album is and was a mess to me always. Rain? pleasant generic nothingness. Grammy nom snub it was not. That album on the other hand though, its lack of noms doesnt surprise me considering peoples ugly snobbish attitudes towards her throughout Erotica's run but of all the tracks on the album, to me, Rain was one of the weakest. But I guess it was the only track that did well commercially therefore most plausible for it to have gotten a nomination I suppose.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
funkyhaus

Florence not winning any Grammys in her career 

Especially none for HBHBHB despite its 5 nominations :madge:

StrawberryBlond
On 2/17/2019 at 6:33 PM, Inferno said:

The Pretty Reckless is poser trash. It has nothing to do with Taylor being a female. I remember seeing interviews of hers like 9 years ago and I couldn't believe how annoyingly Forever 21 girl stepping foot into a Hot Topic and calling herself a rockstar because she had the money to, she was. Shes a pretty looking joke.

On 2/17/2019 at 6:41 PM, Inferno said:

That has everything to do with the music. Shes Britney Spears trying to pretend shes Courtney Love. Her showmanship, lyricism and even vocal stylings are so affected. Shes the girl at your high school that grew up rich and hasn't a problem in the world moving to LA, having her parents pay for a million dollar loft downtown, and picks up a drug habit and a bad attitude to try and pretend like shes about that life. And see this is where it gets dicey because then comes your type of argument that keeps her in business "who are you to decide what is and is not artistry/rock n roll/authenticity" "you're being rockist and we should have evolved from that backwards classic rock mentality of policing what rock n roll is" "you're saying this yet you stan Lady Gaga" etc. But its like, shes not it. The band makes painfully mediocre to bad caricatures of what rock music is. imo.

Don't get me wrong, I was super sceptical at first. I'd seen way too many young girls claiming they were totally rock or were making a rock album and what came out was pop rock (Ashlee Simpson, Hilary Duff, Avril Lavigne to an extent). So, I was fully expecting that due to the way she had a very high opinion of herself in interviews and said that "no one will take me seriously because I'm 16 but Bob Dylan was 16 when he started out, most do start out young." But when I actually heard Make Me Wanna Die, I was like, wow, this is genuine rock. And she makes genuine rock music and she writes it all and has a great voice. Britney got and still gets her material written for her, Taylor writes all hers, so I don't know how you can compare them merely because they started out at 16. She fell out badly with her parents when she became a teenager and became emancipated from them, so, no, her parents have never helped her music career. And judging by people who had meet and greets with her and said she smelt of whisky and cigarettes, she was doing all that stuff while underage, so it wasn't like she was faking in lyrics and videos. Her only real piece of fakery in lyrics was she she wrote on Nothing Left To Lose "I was only 19, you were 29," despite her only being 16 when she wrote it. But apart from that, she's not done anything cringey, lyric-wise. She's one of the few who can make truly different, listenable rock music in this day and age, to me at least. The Hit Me Like A Man EP really showed what this band was made of. I honestly think if she was all about posing, she would've given it all up by now because the band's never been all that successful but its still going after nearly a decade. She must be genuinely into it and be all about music, not image. And she's 25 now, so she's past the wannabe teenage rebel stage. She's a grown woman making music about being grown. Even if she is exaggerating how troubled she is in her lyrics, not all music has to be true to life. If it was, music would be very boring as life is boring and music is all about the big emotions. Plenty of artists become different people when they write, just as actors play a role that isn't really them.

Gimme More

they snubbed britney a lot.

loved britney's response when asked about the Grammy's in 2008 :selena:

tumblr_lvj59clBjj1qmuoyho1_500.gif

#JusticeForBritney ♡

Gimme More
22 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Britney got and still gets her material written for her, Taylor writes all hers, so I don't know how you can compare them merely because they started out at 16.

giphy.gif

#JusticeForBritney ♡

StrawberryBlond
2 hours ago, Gimme More said:

giphy.gif

I know that she's had writing credits but we know that Britney's involvement, for the most part, is just providing a single line or a word change here and there. That's all it takes to get writing credits. You could probably count on one hand how many songs she's been involved with where it's just her and one other writer. Her name was on every song on Britney Jean but she was still struggling mentally at this point and there was a whole bunch of co-writers helping her on every track so there's no way she was the primary force behind every song. I love her, but I'm just being honest.

edgeofglory1

Fearless was the most acclaimed and most successful album nominated by a singer-songwriter who plays instruments. How can that be a bad winner?

gypsy101
On 2/16/2019 at 7:00 PM, nicolasrumet said:

"2012 - Album of the Year: Adele - 21 (despite Gaga's Born This Way being nominated)"

What are you smoking? 21 is far superior to BTW, even though I love BTW!

"2017 - Best Pop Solo Performance: Adele - Hello (despite Ariana Grande's Dangerous Woman being nominated)"

Just ew...

this is the tea right here

21 is basically the best album of the decade so this slander against it will not stand

i also love Ari but Hello dominated the world and deserved the win

Archived