celeb

Nicki Minaj to “expose” Grammys on Queen Radio

Stef

Featured Posts

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, Whispering said:

Different guy. That was the President of the Grammys, not the producer. 

Thx.

It was Neil Portnow who said few women were nominated last year because they "need to step it up." :trollga:

Only thing worth noting about Neil is how ruthlessly Fiona Apple put him in his place, when she performed live wearing this punning t-shirt:

DVLLUUfUMAIaYIs.jpg

mad respect to Dua Lipa for actually mentioning Neil Portnow's comments at last night's shows. that's what she meant by "i guess we stepped it up?" in case you were wondering.

doppelganger
3 hours ago, darkpaw said:

You think a powerful white man has no say on the nominees/winners of the show he produces? Wake up sis. Nicki has been putting out great music for years, music that in my opinion should have definitely given her a Grammy or two. There has to be more to why she’s been constantly snubbed. Let her say her piece before you go attacking her. And I’m not sure tweeting and deleting is the same as dragging someone on the spot. Obviously she was never gonna speak on it but now that Cardi won, everyone is trying to discredit her hard work. She has a right to speak on it. We’re talking about the same man who said that “women need to step up” if they wanna win A Grammy.

the producer doesn't choose the winner though ...  i think this is more about the production of the show than the actual awards. 

tbh it's a little petty. some of the best musicians never won a grammy but are pretty gracious about it. had cardi came out 10 years ago, she probably wouldn't have won either. times are very different now. 

There's a lot of artists, more relevant and talented than Nicki Minaj who have never won a grammy. Sometimes the odds just don't align in your favour. And dont pretend like the producers vote. And have we forgotten her heinous Grammy performance? Who would invite her back after that? 

Galagala

It's all because of Cardi's win.:oops:

She's just jealous and trying to let go her bad feelings through this.

Grow up, Nicki!:selena: Cardi is becoming more and more successful.

Expose him Nicki :applause: because I too think it’s very weird she hasn’t won a Grammy since she has been dominating the rap industry for years. 

and lowkey paved the way for Cardi to win

LordEnigma

I hope someday her and Cardi can move on and make a damn album together (ala Kanye and Jay Z).

Anyway, I hope it’s some good tea. These Hollywood awards need to be eXposed.

5 hours ago, darkpaw said:

You think a powerful white man has no say on the nominees/winners of the show he produces? Wake up sis. Nicki has been putting out great music for years, music that in my opinion should have definitely given her a Grammy or two. There has to be more to why she’s been constantly snubbed. Let her say her piece before you go attacking her. And I’m not sure tweeting and deleting is the same as dragging someone on the spot. Obviously she was never gonna speak on it but now that Cardi won, everyone is trying to discredit her hard work. She has a right to speak on it. We’re talking about the same man who said that “women need to step up” if they wanna win A Grammy.

Why does it have to be racial though? 

I have lost so much respect for Ariana, Nicki and Bebe- a bunch of whiny- sore losers. They have been given such a huge platform. Meanwhile there are thousands of indie artists- pop/rock/folk/hip-hop who are much more talented and never see the same amount of exposure. The American music scene is becoming such an un-inspired joke. She’s just mad Cardi got the awards and is doing better than her. Expose the Grammys for what? Not recognizing your mediocrity? Please. 

Lord Temptation

Necki Mirage is really terrified of being forgetten (already) isn’t she? :bye:

Andreu
4 hours ago, Adarsh Soni said:

There's a lot of artists, more relevant and talented than Nicki Minaj who have never won a grammy. Sometimes the odds just don't align in your favour. And dont pretend like the producers vote. And have we forgotten her heinous Grammy performance? Who would invite her back after that? 

no ONE is MORE TALENTED THAN NICKi !!!!!!111!!!!!

tenor.giftenor.giftenor.gif

jk I love her music and I genuinely think she deserves at least one grammy award, but sometimes this woman is... too much

Lottie Winters

Tori Amos doesn’t have a Grammy so they’ve never had credibility in my opinion. Waiting for them to be exposed and dragged by Salty Minaj. I will be perched!

Archived