💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Thank U, Next - Metascore

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

AMENiCURE

don't know if i should trust critics anymore after sweetener starting with 90+ score and eventually going to 81 when 75% of it contains horrible songs

but yaaas thank u next deserves it

Spoiler

i also kinda wonder why gaga doesnt get such high scores despite releasing high quality work:saladga:

Didymus

It'll probably go down to around 80 but that's deserved imo.

About Gaga (as referred to above): she once had around 80 and that was with her fan favorite TFM :chica: Imo she has not deserved another 80-ish score for her studio albums. But high hopes for the next one.

Ryusei

I'm sorry but is anyone gonna rate this album on the music itself and not ariana's story? like I love ari and I'm soexcited to see her in concert but this album is so much worse than Sweetener...

Musery

AMENiCURE
5 minutes ago, Didymus said:

About Gaga (as referred to above): she once had around 80 and that was with her fan favorite TFM :chica: Imo she has not deserved another 80-ish score for her studio albums. But high hopes for the next one.

well a star is born soundtrack:selena:

6 minutes ago, JohnyTheSame said:

its 82.2222 the metascore 

IDK why it shows 88 

they dont know math i guess

Some publications's scores are worth more than others.

2020Covid19IsOurs

A star is born should be 90+ 

Unrelated, but just wanna put it out there:selena:

Gaga x JeffHardy x BillMaher

Economy
19 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Yay. TFM has always been my favorite Gaga album so I think it's deserved it got the top score :applause:

Bradley
1 hour ago, FfFfFfFF said:

I refuse to accept we live in a universe where Joanne has a 67 score while tu,n 88. 

2 hours ago, AMENiCURE said:

don't know if i should trust critics anymore after sweetener starting with 90+ score and eventually going to 81 when 75% of it contains horrible songs

but yaaas thank u next deserves it

Hide contents

i also kinda wonder why gaga doesnt get such high scores despite releasing high quality work:saladga:

The critics judge your album not just based on what you put out, but also based on what you released before, or rather who you are as general. The standards for Justin Timberlake are different from that for Zayn, the standards for Lady Gaga are different from that for Selena Gomez.

If you are a huge acclaimed artist that is highly respected, you are expected to put out great work and everyone seems to be harsher on you, and might even give you a mediocre score even if your album is in actuality better than the mediocre artists'.

Revival (Selena Gomez) has like a 78 MT score but let's be honest, it's generic and soulless music. Albums with much lower scores like ARTPOP and Joanne will be remembered more fondly in times to come, both by fans and critics alike. Also if we're talking about the Recording Academy giving out awards, I'm pretty sure they feel more comfortable awarding albums like Joanne and ARTPOP rather than Revival, anything by Meghan Trainor or Glory (even though it had a higher score than a lot of other Grammy-nominated albums).

Archived