💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Universal Pictures: WICKED, December 22, 2021

LateToCult

Featured Posts

LateToCult
4 minutes ago, Sunny said:

I really hope it's the original cast or from one of the US tours :giveup: I am perched nonetheless 

I would love to see Gaga as Elphaba or Glinda, but I don't think her voice suits those roles

I think the original cast is a little too...they’re umm...of a particular age.  :emma:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, LateToCult said:

I think the original cast is a little too...they’re umm...of a particular age.  :emma:

True, but a guy can dream :giveup:

Idina said she would die to play in the movie, but they've always told her she's too old :/

I like dancin', and ponies....

28 minutes ago, BenG said:

Her vocal tone does not suit Glinda nor Elphaba

I think the Sound of Music tribute made pretty clear Gaga doesn't give a flying **** about what suits her vocal tone

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Borisapillar
30 minutes ago, BenG said:

What are you talking about? She’s about the one star on earth who could sing Elphaba perfectly.

Wow we love that it got delayed!!!!! The original date was 12/19/19!!! 

Gaga wont be in this because her voice doesn't fit at all

jezze0410

As much as I would LOVE to see Gaga as Elphaba, I would agree with those who say her voice is not perfectly suited to the role. The question is not whether she can hit the notes, it is where the notes fall in her range. Gaga's tessitura is somewhat lower than is ideal for this role; her Defying Gravity would have to be incredibly belty, for example. Gaga could do Elphaba if they transposed it down a third or so, but then we'd have to defend her against hordes of Broadway traditionalists who insist on roles being performed in their original keys.

I think even Idina Menzel's voice is no longer great for the role; my personal pick would be Alice Fearn, London's current Elphaba. 

lgaga1fan
2 minutes ago, jezze0410 said:

As much as I would LOVE to see Gaga as Elphaba, I would agree with those who say her voice is not perfectly suited to the role. The question is not whether she can hit the notes, it is where the notes fall in her range. Gaga's tessitura is somewhat lower than is ideal for this role; her Defying Gravity would have to be incredibly belty, for example. Gaga could do Elphaba if they transposed it down a third or so, but then we'd have to defend her against hordes of Broadway traditionalists who insist on roles being performed in their original keys.

I think even Idina Menzel's voice is no longer great for the role; my personal pick would be Alice Fearn, London's current Elphaba. 

Yeah... A lot of her singing at Enigma was pretty strained and she had to even lower the keys on songs she used to be able to sing in the orginal key too. Gaga´s voice is just aging a lot and Elphaba is supposed to be like 19-21 too.

Same with Idina, she´s aged too much to be able to reprise the role. Wouldnt fir the look or the voice.

ImTired
1 hour ago, Panchecco said:

let's make it happen

lady_gaga_as_elphaba__character_poster__

BuT eLpHaBa Is GrEeN, tHeY nEeD to HiRe A gReEn AcTrEsS...

:stalkga:

2 hours ago, BenG said:

I think she could do a great interpretation of Elphaba, but I definitely agree on G(a?)linda.

3 points in and ready for more

Archived