💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Shallow Originally Was Just End Credits Track

Economy

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, Ally Campana said:

It was meant to be big after they made changes to the script and storyline. This was just the initial stage.

But that user meant big as in mainstream #1 big deal on radio etc, not big as in for the storyline. 

My name isn't Timmers

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ally Campana
Just now, Timmers said:

But that user meant big as in mainstream #1 big deal on radio etc, not big as in for the storyline. 

But it obviously became the heart of the movie. Sung three times in the movie. It’s given that it will be THE song from the movie. Though I could tell they also wanted INLA to take off and have an I Will Always Love You kind of success. 

Does it matter? Damage is done

INLA is a good song but couldn't take off because it's too long and has 2 versions, which one of them that makes you feel like Jackson is behind you and scaring you.

Shallow as a credit song sounds weird now lol

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

5 minutes ago, Ally Campana said:

But it obviously became the heart of the movie. Sung three times in the movie. It’s given that it will be THE song from the movie. Though I could tell they also wanted INLA to take off and have an I Will Always Love You kind of success. 

You're absolutely right, but so is the user in that thread. That's my point and why it's unfair that he/she is being attacked. Yes, it was going to be big because of how it was placed in the movie. No, it was not written with the intention of being the best song on the soundtrack.

My name isn't Timmers

Ally Campana
5 minutes ago, Timmers said:

You're absolutely right, but so is the user in that thread. That's my point and why it's unfair that he/she is being attacked. Yes, it was going to be big because of how it was placed in the movie. No, it was not written with the intention of being the best song on the soundtrack.

Attacked? Lol. Not from me at least. I was just giving my opinion. All love over here

Does it matter? Damage is done

Gracious Gaga
23 minutes ago, Economy said:

He did?????

I thought this movie was the only version where he died? :huh:

I could be wrong tho that's what I thought I read, I haven't seen any of the older ones

He died in all dem and yeah he drowned in the just garland I think 

♄ Kindness Police.

Economy
8 minutes ago, River said:

INLA is a good song but couldn't take off because it's too long and has 2 versions, which one of them that makes you feel like Jackson is behind you and scaring you.

Shallow as a credit song sounds weird now lol

The main reason I think INLA would struggle to take off is because it takes over 2 Minutes of slow intro before you get to the real good and powerful parts of the song

The GP and radio has a short attention span and patience to listen to a song that long and with an intro that long

LordEnigma
28 minutes ago, ReginaGeorge said:

And then people on GGD attack the user who made thread about how Shallow was not meant to be big.. :shrug: 

At first but they obviously put it in the forefront of the movie as they progressed through the film meaning they believed in it more as a hit.

When that trailer came out with shallow as the main song, they meant for it to be a hit.

Regina George
Just now, Alexander Levi said:

At first but they obviously put it in the forefront of the movie as they progressed through the film meaning they believed in it more as a hit.

When that trailer came out with shallow as the main song, they meant for it to be a hit.

This reply was kinda meant to be funny tho... Maybe it didn’t translate well on GGD..

But I do agree with that user and what he said 

GagaUnderYou

I do remember reading Shallow was written with the intention that Jack drowns. I think it would make for a cohesive story, but as an end credit song, it would not have the momentum as it did playing throughout the film. Kind of like how Is That Alright? Never got it it’s moment to shine much and is forgettable to audience as it’s in the credits. 

37 minutes ago, Economy said:

The main reason I think INLA would struggle to take off is because it takes over 2 Minutes of slow intro before you get to the real good and powerful parts of the song

The GP and radio has a short attention span and patience to listen to a song that long and with an intro that long

Yeah it's also one of the reasons, it's too theatrical for the radio, it could have been her IWALY if it was recorded like IWALY in some sense..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Teal Ambition
1 hour ago, Sam98 said:

If I'm not mistaken, Mark revealed this some months ago...

Still mind blowing tho :nooo:

Yeah he did, another interview a few months ago also mentioned that Bradley was supposed to drown instead.

▌│█║▌║▌║ before I am Canadian, I am Chromatican ║▌║▌║█│▌

Miracle

The best decision they made. Shallow was the best moment in a movie in 2019. Imagine Ally's first performance being an ADELE third single...(DJWS commented on a previous interview he thought ITA was going to be the big song on the movie)

Economy
1 minute ago, River said:

Yeah it's also one of the reasons, it's too theatrical for the radio, it could have been her IWALY if it was recorded like IWALY in some sense..

Honestly if the intro was just a little shorter I think it would have that kind of potential cuz the song is so beautiful and powerful.

It's actually my new favorite song of all time. It was Paparazzi for many years but now INLA is my new favorite of all time I think it's just amazing

But again, almost an entire song goes by, by the time the slow intro ends, most in the GP don't have patience for that and I see that hindering the potential of the song commercially speaking...

If the intro was half the time, then I think it would be a different story

Even I who loves this song to death sometimes skip the first 2 Minutes cuz I just wanna go straight to the part of the song that is actually epic!

Archived