💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Analysing More Than You Know album's stream

Andreu

Featured Posts

Andreu

For no apparent reason I decided to look into More Than You Know's streams, the album that Axwell and Sebastian Ingrosso released two years ago and that includes smash singles such as the title track, Something New and Sun Is Shining. I've used data from Youtube and Spotify, since all the songs have either an official audio or a music video.

1_9e69c8d13f31ed2e0a87384fea432d27a5770c

If anyone wants to see the spreadsheet I can share the drive link but I'm going to leave some numbers:

- Total streams without any bonus tracks: 1800M (500M from YT + 1300 from Spo.). The numbers grow til 1844M total streams if we take into account the two bonus tracks on the vinyl and to 2000 if we count them and Dreamer, which was added to the album later, as well.

- More Than You Know (song) has over 930M streams on its own so, if we den't take dreamer into consideration (and I think we shouldn't) it has more than half the streams of the album. It's no surprise than it's the most streamed song and the most watched MV, both by a huge margin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsF05B8TFWg

- The second more successful song is Sun is Shining with 120M on YT and 200M on spotify. Both the second most streamed song and the most watched MV.

-The album was much more successful on Spotify than on YT, although taking into account the type of music it is, that's no surprise

corvus albus

I see we got a little flopster here  :giggle:

Spoiler

Don't worry i have multiple one-post threads :ladyhaha:

Andreu
Just now, corvus albus said:

I see we got a little flopster here  :giggle:

Reveal hidden contents

Don't worry i have multiple one-post threads :ladyhaha:

the legendary album remains unbothered

why dont the gheys appreciate EDM properly :crossed:

corvus albus
3 minutes ago, Andreu said:

the legendary album remains unbothered

why dont the gheys appreciate EDM properly :crossed:

I like EDM but the current mainstream EDM is too bland for my taste. This album actually has some punch and energy to it but most EDM just sounds middle of the road. 

Andreu
33 minutes ago, corvus albus said:

I like EDM but the current mainstream EDM is too bland for my taste. This album actually has some punch and energy to it but most EDM just sounds middle of the road. 

the same way most pop sounds boring and uninspired and forgettable, and the same way most rap songs are boring and music you throw away after literning to it for three weeks

Archived