💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Did Witness do better than Prism in some aspect?

Lighter

Featured Posts

PerfectExca
13 minutes ago, gag said:

Witness... a filler... on Witness... :toofunny:

You don't consider it filler? It's one of the weaker tracks on the album for me. Not a necessary skip like Tsunami but it's not great imo.

The sun will rise each day. Will you?

Widows Kiss
5 minutes ago, hankhatesyouall said:

I am pretty sure that Hot'n'Cold was bigger in Ukraine. 

HNC is not from PRISM. CTTR is still #46 in Ukraine's airplay chart, 2 years after it's release.

hankhatesyouall
1 minute ago, Widows Kiss said:

HNC is not from PRISM. CTTR is still #46 in Ukraine's airplay chart, 2 years after it's release.

Sorry, I misread your message. CTTR was definitely bigger in Eastern Europe than Roar and DH. You are right.   

outtahere12428

Witness is a waaaay better album. I guess the features kinda ruined some songs. Why the hell did we need Skip Marley on CTTR and Migos on BA?

Witness is actually a cohesive album with a concept and it has some relevant themes, even though they are not profound. 

It did better at being bad :triggered:

... and promotion was better regardless of how awful the promotion was.

No. The music of PRISM was better and the album sounded more cohesive, the second half of the album was really mature while not trying TOO hard like Witness. Witness has a lot of "wtf" moments (like Mind Maze, using the same lyric in Deja Vu and Dance With The Devil, Bon Appetit's lyrics, Into Me You See being such a bland song etc...). She said Witness was her "poplitics" music and that's actually only 1/2 songs on the album. Meh for me the album is a big mess. PRISM on the other hand is just so so good, you have bops, ballads, fun songs, serious songs and yet the album is so cohesive and there's not a single bad song really

MarriedToMusic

I think both albums are basically equal in quality, however I personally prefer Witness in terms of writing & production, it definitely has more edge.  

That said, Spiritual is lowkey the best song of both albums and she's insane for making that a bonus track :saladga:

Phoebe Buffay

Um, no. Witness either really has high highs (Witness, Roulette, Deja Vu, Power) or really low lows (Pendulum, Hey Hey Hey) whereas PRISM is more consistent and contains her best lyrics with songs like Double Rainbow, By the Grace of God, Unconditionally, Love Me... I love both of them but PRISM takes the crown in every aspect: music videos, lyrics, songs, critical and commercial success and tour. Just my two cents. :shrug:

The Enigmatic

Witness had more diversity in music

but PRISM >>> 

Sincerely , an ex stan

I am having my ARTPOP moment

Archived