💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Gaga orders Academy to let other nominees perform

Dilwyn

Featured Posts

17 hours ago, symphonia said:

Yeah she did a good thing but butchering songs to fit a time slot is not acceptable. And saying fans are ugly for wanting a full performance is stupid. We are fans, of course we want to see the full song being performed. We have the right to be angry at the producers and we are not bad persons for it. 

This is not an issue that I'm talking about at all. I agree that the songs should not be cut, which you would know if you read my post - but you obviously didn't. My post was about fans lashing out at Gaga's decision to make a stand for fairness for the other performers. The producers deciding to cut down all songs is a different matter. Please take the time to read before you press that quote button next time.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BigDreamer

We have all witnessed Gagas unique power to draw in crowds to watching her perform and I think the Oscar's were looking for a way to really boost the hype before the event by trying to give her more time. This in no way would guarantee her a win for Shallow but it would definitely exploit her image and could have been a potentially bitter sweet memory if she had been one of the only ones to perform but still lost the award. Whether it's from the kindness of her heart or just poking back at the industrial beast, I like what she did. 

Pray4FameGa
On 2/2/2019 at 1:37 PM, KarmaPolice said:

Except this is not the music industries but the oscars. I don't think she would have done the same at the grammys

Fair point, I hadn’t properly considered that this isn’t her natural territory and shouldn’t automatically command respect here.

Thanks for replying to my comment with a valid argument, rather than a silly meme implying I’d been ignored. :vegas:

freebit

That's my baby and I'm proud. :diane:

She's very savvy, and has always had a knack for knowing when to throw her weight around. It's nice that she came through for Diane. 

ShayCristoforo
On 2/1/2019 at 4:32 PM, symphonia said:

Nothing wrong with a butchered performance ? :madge:

Sure she may have done the right thing but allowing her to perform for only 90 seconds is clearly a joke and inacceptable.. 

It's only butchered if you wanna see it that way. A lot of Shallow is repetition, like most songs. 90 seconds is still ok for conveying the song. Gaga can do that.

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

Archived