KatieJudasGaga4
4 minutes ago, Aquarius said:

you mean outstanding performance by a cast in a motion picture? :selena:

Yea, that is what I meant. :nooo:

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ZiggyZiggs

If Glenn takes this, then the Oscar is hers. If they tie or Gaga wins, then it’ll be between Glenn and Gaga at the Oscars

RAMROD

The award that is legit barometer for Oscars. 

Why? Because most of Oscars voters are SAG members, aka the people who actually work in the business. Gaga's acting peers. :giggle:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

RAMROD

"Glenn Close (“The Wife”) is the favorite to take home her first Screen Actors Guild Award for film at Sunday’s ceremony, but it’s far from a done deal. Lady Gaga (“A Star Is Born”) has 19/5 odds to Close’s 17/5 in our predictions to pull out the win.

Close has the support of 13 Experts, seven Editors and eight Top 24 users. Gaga has three Experts, two Editors and eight Top 24 users backing her.

But Gaga has some advantages too. The SAG and AFTRA merger in 2012 means recording artists and DJs, aka people like or who have worked with Gaga — are voting members now. Will they give her a boost?

Or maybe, just maybe, they’ll tie again. There’s been one tie in SAG Awards history: Kim Basinger (“L.A. Confidential”) and Gloria Stuart(“Titanic”) shared Best Supporting Actress 21 years ago."

from Gold Derby:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.goldderby.com/article/2019/2019-sag-awards-film-predictions-glenn-close-lady-gaga-best-actress/amp/

:diane:

KatieJudasGaga4
2 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

"Glenn Close (“The Wife”) is the favorite to take home her first Screen Actors Guild Award for film at Sunday’s ceremony, but it’s far from a done deal. Lady Gaga (“A Star Is Born”) has 19/5 odds to Close’s 17/5 in our predictions to pull out the win.

Close has the support of 13 Experts, seven Editors and eight Top 24 users. Gaga has three Experts, two Editors and eight Top 24 users backing her.

But Gaga has some advantages too. The SAG and AFTRA merger in 2012 means recording artists and DJs, aka people like or who have worked with Gaga — are voting members now. Will they give her a boost?

Or maybe, just maybe, they’ll tie again. There’s been one tie in SAG Awards history: Kim Basinger (“L.A. Confidential”) and Gloria Stuart(“Titanic”) shared Best Supporting Actress 21 years ago."

from Gold Derby:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.goldderby.com/article/2019/2019-sag-awards-film-predictions-glenn-close-lady-gaga-best-actress/amp/

:diane:

Let's not take "information" from Gold Derby anymore. Remember the Golden Globes?

Best Actress is between Close and Coleman.

I'd be so happy if Gaga, Bradley and Sam won Best Ensemble:legend:: first, I think it's well-deserved; secondly, it'd be so strange to see the two frontrunners for Best Actress (Close and Gaga) go back home with an award and it'd make the final race to the Oscars even more uncertain:huntyga:. But I'm aware it's going to be won by either Bohemian Rhapsody or Black Panther:rip:

The tie is such a rare option that I don't even consider it

RAMROD
4 minutes ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

Let's not take "information" from Gold Derby anymore. Remember the Golden Globes?

tenor.gif

WorstBehavior

I’m going to be away for a few hours so I won’t be able to update the title with the hours left until the show. But you can do the math with this post.

14 hours left until the show starts.

People keep saying she has 0 chance of winning, but this is her best shot actually. Over a 100 thousand voters, including actors, musicians, DJs, radio hosts etc. It would be nice if she got this one, Olivia will clearly get the BAFTA so each of the frontrunners would go into the Oscars with two major awards. 

I have a feeling black panther is going to win best cast just for the headlines. But would really love to see A Star is Born win at least one main award.

Why does the main page say best picture 

34 minutes ago, Wixson said:

People keep saying she has 0 chance of winning, but this is her best shot actually. Over a 100 thousand voters, including actors, musicians, DJs, radio hosts etc. It would be nice if she got this one, Olivia will clearly get the BAFTA so each of the frontrunners would go into the Oscars with two major awards. 

Glenn has GG, CC for now.

Olivia will have GG, CC and BAFTA. 

Gaga only has CC. 

2 minutes ago, BenG said:

Glenn has GG, CC for now.

Olivia will have GG, CC and BAFTA. 

Gaga only has CC. 

Genre categories (like Olivia's Critics Choice for Best Actress in a Comedy) aren't usually counted as one of the big ones outside of the Globes, though. 

Just now, Wixson said:

Genre categories (like Olivia's Critics Choice for Best Actress in a Comedy) aren't usually counted as one of the big ones outside of the Globes, though. 

Oh ok

Archived