💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
achievement

Gaga: First LGBT Actress in over a decade

bitchimtrying

Featured Posts

8 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Yeah... maybe. I don't know, I always found her "I like *** but I've only fallen in love with men" statements quite confusing and ambiguous. I remember her saying something like "I was just waiting for a man who would come on to me as strong as lesbians had" and that felt... like a confession of being straight :rip: 

I don't know, it's not really clear so I don't think we should be making statements about it either way. The fact that so many are confused means she's not "out" tbh, sorry.

That's fair. She was way more explicit about it earlier in her career, has hinted about it a little more recently, but in the end, if she's not really putting it out there into the world, maybe we should jut let it be.

12 minutes ago, bitchimtrying said:

I don't think Gaga would never refer to sexuallity as a 'phase'; i'm pretty sure your thinking of Jessie J. Also, you can be in the LGBT community and also an ally, i.e. Lesbians being allys for trans people, Bisexuals being allys for gays etc.

Absolutely.

3 points in and ready for more

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AlexanderMagno
14 minutes ago, bitchimtrying said:

DbpLulZW0AAAvxH.jpg

Yes, let's bring interviews from ARTPOP era, an era during which she admitted only a few weeks ago she was going through some hard times and her mind was ****ed-up back then and her statements and actions might have been exaggerated ;) 

Didymus
8 minutes ago, gabrielflorin01 said:

You can't deny someone's sexuality, especially when it comes to someone like f*cking Gaga.

99% attracted to men and 1% attracted to women is STILL BISEXUALITY

periodT

But then she obviously wouldn't be the first LGBT+ actress to be up for an Oscar :rip: I mean, I know the OP said "out" but if it just comes down to that 1% that achievement is literally worthless :laughga: 

Why do we need these separate achievements for LGBT+ people anyway? I mean, with a case as vague as Gaga (it's not even well-known she's not straight) this doesn't carry any "the Academy chose her despite her sexuality" weight imo.

• Admin changed the title to Gaga: First LGBT Actress in over a decade
bitchimtrying
1 minute ago, Didymus said:

But then she obviously wouldn't be the first LGBT+ actress to be up for an Oscar :rip: I mean, I know the OP said "out" but if it just comes down to that 1% that achievement is literally worthless :laughga: 

Why do we need these separate achievements for LGBT+ people anyway? I mean, with a case as vague as Gaga (it's not even well-known she's not straight) this doesn't carry any "the Academy chose her despite her sexuality" weight imo.

Because it's a damn achievement! This is something to celebrate for the LGBT acting community who is so often forgotten by mainstream award ceremonies. The last out lgbt man to be nominated for leading man at the Oscars was 21 years ago in 1998!!!! Even if Gaga is only 0.00000001% bisexual, she has said time and time again that that is how she identifies, and as a LGBT person, I'm going to damn well celebrate that someone who is part/ally of the community is nominated for such a prestigious award whilst being her authentic self. 

Also, the separation arose because LGBT actors/actresses are far and few between in Hollywood and rarely; if ever, cast for roles let alone nominated for awards. So while you continue to argue about her sexuality, i'm going to continue to celebrate this achievement. 

Conversation over. 

SwissMonster
20 minutes ago, AlexanderMagno said:

Can't we just be glad she has an Oscar nomination? Why do fans need to reach for these achievements?

Thats not only an achievement girl. That’s a huge thing for the LGBTQ+ Community in general and people are happy about it. Can’t stand people like you not letting people be happy about something...

SwissMonsterÂźïž - Creating controversy since 1999

Why do some of you think you know more about Gaga’s sexuality than she does herself? :smh: She said she’s bi so that’s that.

Didymus
Just now, modern ecstasy said:

Why do some of you think you know more about Gaga’s sexuality than she does herself? :smh: She said she’s bi so that’s that.

That wasn't my intention, to express that, sorry if it came across like that :ohno:

I'm just a little confused and I'm not the only one. If even her fans aren't sure about what she's told us about her sexuality than I just don't see this being the "obvious" achievement some members here have painted it to be, that's all :shrug:

Stephen

The quote from drag race I think she was more implying that she’s not a lesbian i.e. “fully gay” and that she swings more heterosexual, which we already knew. I really don’t think she would lie about something like this. She was hesitant to even speak about it at the beginning of her career because she didn’t want people to see it as her “using the gay community for edginess”. Perhaps that’s also why she’s been more quiet about it in recent years.

Also she explained the meaning of Poker Face the other night at Jazz & Piano and I don’t think she would have done so if she no longer identifies with what the song is about.

I can’t believe we’re still having this moronic debate in 2019.

Gaga has flat-out said that she’s bisexual a dozen times over the course of her career and literally talked about how Poker Face was about her experience f*cking a man while thinking about a woman two days ago at her jazz show. 

She distanced herself from the community on Drag Race because she was erroneously criticized for years for “speaking for the community” and didn’t want to do that anymore (despite the fact that she has every right to speak to her experience as a queer person, regardless of what those that tried to erase her identity said). The fact that we’re still talking about this at all is really... uncomfortable. 

AlexanderMagno
8 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Exactly.

If there is an achievement that deserves that sort of separate label for LGBT+ people, is Sean Penn winning the Oscar for Best Leading Actor for the role of Harvey Milk. Or whenever someone like Neil Patrick Harris wins the Oscar for Best Leading Actor, since his public image actually is LGBT+. I'm not saying Gaga is not bisexual, but I'm considering that probably her lesbian feelings were really part of a time in her life where she was exploring herself the most and trying to create bonds with people and go further with her feelings. Gaga is an explorer, and so should everyone be! (now we could discuss the limits between bisexuality and bisexual fantasies, but that would be too much for people around here)

Now, everyone can interpret it the way they want. In the end of the day, no one except Gaga and her close beloved ones will ever know what she truly means and that's ok because that's none of our business!

1 minute ago, SwissMonster said:

Thats not only an achievement girl. That’s a huge thing for the LGBTQ+ Community in general and people are happy about it. Can’t stand people like you not letting people be happy about something...

The LGBTQ+ community might be happy because Lady Gaga is a huge LGBTQ+ supporter, and yas for that. But really, will you not be happy by simply knowing Gaga has the nomination? lol see the video above and read my words. There are bigger LGBTQ+ achievements than a woman whose public image of her personal life is not exactly LGBT.

However, I do say, it's achievement enough that one of the greatest LGBTQ+ allies of our time, someone who actually never stops talking about it and defending LGBTQ+ rights, gets so much recognition. Because recognition makes her someone who people look up to, and perhaps even more people will fearlessly defend LGBTQ+ rights.

MJHolland

I do not think Lady Gaga is a queer artist. I would like to see her address this. She's been telling us for nearly a decade that we have to embrace ourselves and that we're "born this way"; she should either own it herself or clarify so that a true queer artist gets this accolade. 

20 minutes ago, Steve Nasty said:

The quote from drag race I think she was more implying that she’s not a lesbian i.e. “fully gay” and that she swings more heterosexual, which we already knew. I really don’t think she would lie about something like this. She was hesitant to even speak about it at the beginning of her career because she didn’t want people to see it as her “using the gay community for edginess”. Perhaps that’s also why she’s been more quiet about it in recent years.

Also she explained the meaning of Poker Face the other night at Jazz & Piano and I don’t think she would have done so if she no longer identifies with what the song is about.

Huh? She said "I'm not gay, I am an ally," not "I'm not gay, I'm sexually fluid/bisexual/not straight." If there is one place to talk about being queer, it would be Drag Race, no? 

Huh? Poker Face was one of her first singles one her first album (with Interscope), very early in her career, and was blatantly bisexual 

Matangi
55 minutes ago, AlexanderMagno said:

Yes, let's bring interviews from ARTPOP era, an era during which she admitted only a few weeks ago she was going through some hard times and her mind was ****ed-up back then and her statements and actions might have been exaggerated ;) 

girl... if this is your attempt to erase her definitive statement tht she is bisexual because she was still dealing with sexual abuse and trauma, it has no basis.

Head Empty

I think it's quite simple.

Gaga can be attracted to other women, making her "bisexual" in the most simple sense of the word.

But she hasn't openly pursued a relationship with a woman, which means her life isn't impacted by it as much. Thus she doesn't want to make it seem like she went through those experiences.

Archived