question

The EXACT Moment You Realized Gaga Was Iconic

shame

Featured Posts

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Glamourpuss

I'm from the UK and I always remember that an advert for Lady Gaga Just Dance - new single out now was all over TV. I hadn't seen an advert like that for any artist in a long time. I remembered MJ being advertised everywhere in the nineties and Gaga's advert reminded me of that and it made me want to take notice. When I saw the video and heard the song I was instantly hooked. I knew she was special. I looked her up on YouTube, watched videos of her performing in bars before she was Gaga and watched her performing her new music live and I could tell she was so special because she actually had musical talent and knew how to put on a show. I pretty much knew from the start that she was going to be iconic. 

PartySick
13 hours ago, TheShameMonster said:

Screen-Shot-2019-01-19-at-11-27-13-PM.pn

:ally:

This is the best use of this emote that I've seen yet :sharon:

Ot: not to be a typical gay but probaby the 2009 VMA's. When the blood started pouring, my jaw literally dropped. Then I stanned a bit after I heard that her dad thought it was hilarious :ladyhaha:

🖤

SharkmanthaC
13 hours ago, TheShameMonster said:

it doesn't say in the booklet tho

TF+%25283%2529.jpg

I guess we'll never know :ally:

13 hours ago, Gracious Gaga said:

omg:sharon:

edit: ok but in the gif you posted you can so tell she's mouthing "redONE"

According to iTunes... (and the lyrics weren't available on the original :shrug:)

2agt0so.jpg

she/her/hers

SharkmanthaC

Even though I'm a new stan...these were the moments I knew she was iconic and would be around for awhile.

giphy.gif

(While the 2009 performance was just as iconic, I think this sealed the deal for me.)

she/her/hers

Honestly, it was when she announced the single Judas was being released at the beginning of Holy Week.

Badass.

4 hours ago, ARPiT said:

I never knew that was Katy Perry :fail:

I'm shook :air:

they go way back in '08

they even used to play freeze tag with perez

hqdefault.jpg

angels forever, forever angels

I always knew but what really cemented it was when she was on snl during btw era and she emerged with the fake baby bump and gave birth to glitter or whatever. I was 11 and it was the most shocking performance I had ever witnessed at that point in my life. I remember going to bed after and thinking wow lady Gaga is something special 

Married the Night
15 hours ago, Borislshere said:

when she died for our sins at the 2009 vmas

THIS. The moment I saw that performance, I knew we were witnessing history. 

I loved her so much since the Just Dance video, I'm a prehistoric monster. But the moment I know she will be a legend was the "I'm JUST a rockstar" interview. Seriously, ICONIC in every possible way.

Don't wanna kiss, don't wanna touch, just drink my ****ing coffee and watch 90's cartoons and hush

martiniglistens

Paparazzi VMAs 2009 its the reason im gay.

Then also what really solidified it for me was the release of Alejandro. I had never heard such a powerful iconic song from a pop girl and from then on it was stan status for me

AJRocketMan

When she emerged out of the pool at the beginning of the Poker Face music video in her black rubber catsuit and shiny mask!

Archived