2019 Critics’ Choice Awards

WorstBehavior

Featured Posts

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didymus
Just now, SwissMonster said:

Yep saw them all actually. Also never said that the other DIDNT deserve it :rip: But explain to me why the Media (so not Gaga fans) is talking about ASIB snubs. Also Gaga deserve best actress, not (only) because I am a stan but in my eyes it was the best performance...

You don't have to make it explicit to say it though :shrug: When you highlight ASIB deserving an award, you implicitly claim other people deserve it less. Y'all should just bring it back to a "I want these people to win" level, we're talking about competition like Alfonso and Olivia here :air: Nothing about winning awards this season is easy, there's been many acclaimed movies and performances. I totally get that you think Gaga was the best but she was not the most acclaimed actrice of the bunch this year (doesn't mean she doesn't deserve a win obviously), Olivia was, followed closely by Glenn.

About the snub thing: journalists know people will click faster on a "Gaga loses!" article than a "Olivia Colman wins!" one. She's a huge name and people are curious about how she'll fare. ASIB also obviously had the biggest media hype train of any movie up there this year.

Wet Fire
2 minutes ago, Enzo said:

She did write the songs

she did sing them live

she did produce them

she did record them

(?

But that's not a part of her acting performance. Only singing them on stage live is. Even lip-syncing is in a way similar to singing live when it comes to 'acting'. Writing, producing and recording have nothing to do with being an actress. She won for Shallow for those things.

Btw I'm not saying that Gaga should not win. Don't get me wrong here.

Pierre
6 minutes ago, Chuckles said:

Whoever said "copy-paste" from the GG was f-ing right! :lmao:

It happens every year, BAFTA gives surprises sometimes.

❝Is not blue, not turquoise, not lapis. It's actually cerulean❞.

HitTheBoat
1 minute ago, Chuckles said:

Whoever said "copy-paste" from the GG was f-ing right! :lmao:

*pretends to be shocked*

Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is fire tho

Bloody hooker

Best Actor and Actress is coming up

This mutual gaze was a “longing to touch” or a "pre-coitus" stare.

Chuckles
2 minutes ago, Pierre said:

It happens every year, BAFTA gives surprises sometimes.

I always watch GG, SAG and Oscars. There's a big difference between the GG and SAG formats... after that Oscars are very predictable (but they bring more star power). This is the first time watching this mess, and I don't think I will watch ever again!

Pierre

Chalamet has been ignored two years. Also, I forgot about Natalie Portman, she's been dead this season, same with Isabelle Huppert. 

❝Is not blue, not turquoise, not lapis. It's actually cerulean❞.

Archived