💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

How is the Vegas residency fair to her fans?

Bobbins

Featured Posts

Runway
1 minute ago, Bobbins said:

Obviously when I meant international I meant ethnic minorities who cannot afford the costs. 

8 minutes ago, Shipper said:

Im not white, I live in Mexico but what i'm not doing is complain about why gaga is racist with her new show. I got a job and I'm saving money because a going to a Pop Concert is A PRIVILEGE, and privileges must be worked for. it's not that difficult to get :deadbanana: 

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Bobbins said:

I will pray for you. You are very angry. 

Dude, just stop it, we get it, you're racist, doesn't mean you have to post about it and not expect backlash.

edengowon
3 minutes ago, GypsyVida said:

This. Literally this.

That's all you had to say lol. I was just so tired of hearing all these European LMs talk about how easy it is for Americans to go. 

I mean, it isn't easy but it is easier

I appreciate how for many Americans the travel costs and accommodation costs are too high but non-Americans have to pay visa fees too :saladga:

I am not saying it's easy for all Americans though

the artist formerly known as melancholia

Bobbins

I can never understand why white people are so uncomfortable against ethnic minorities trying to decolonize their own truths. I am done with your troll posts, I have a literature essay to write anyway. Bye. 

GypsyVida
2 minutes ago, Bobbins said:

You are being racist by reinforcing your racist ideas onto me. I am not blaming anyone but exposing the white space in which Enigma's business model is built upon. I'm used to it because I know my people have been historically excluded and stolen from within the arts and culture epoch. 

OH MY GOD YOU ACT LIKE ALL WHITE PEOPLE CAN GO.

I'M WHITE AND POOR ASF.

YOU. DON'T. SEE. ME. COMPLAINING.

ENIGMA IS NOT A RACE ISSUE

Stream COWBOY CARTER

PartySick
14 minutes ago, A Hybrid said:

This is just— Gaga is not US’s national superstar, she’s an international megastar.

Just accept that it’s always harder for international fans. I bet Gaga had more than 10 live shows in Florida. All I’m saying is, you can’t come for international fans complaining about Vegas if you live in the US.

I can and will 'cause some of y'all are two slippery slopes away from saying "it's not fair that Gaga won't give free tickets to her true fans! It's white privilege!" (Whatever race has to do with this :rip:)

If she were to have a residency in Eastern Europe or Australia, I would not sit here and be mad at her for not making her career choices more convenient for me which is basically what some of y'all are doing.

I get that you're bummed about not seeing her, I would be too, but she's the attraction, not us. It's her job to entertain and our's to consume the media and buy tickets to the shows we're able to/want to go to. That's it.

For so long she's put her fans first and now y'all are so spoiled by her that the second she decides to do something for herself rather than us, you see it as an attack or unfair.

🖤

Borislshere

I look at the residency as a tourist attraction like Disney world, universal studios, six flags etc. They're all located in one specific place for a long period of time and not everyone will be able to afford to go. It's just life. 

edengowon
13 minutes ago, Bobbins said:

You are incredibly hostile for no reason. I never said that quote and you trying to push that narrative on me just shows how uncomfortable you are at an ethnic minority discussing race. 

Enigma, as a business model, is targeted towards a white audience mostly. Because white people historically, particularly in America, are wealthier and more privileged and so would be able to afford Vegas as a result. Enigma represents the culture, a space which has historically been privileged for white people, and that is my core problem with it because the way it's tailored for white people to afford it and not her international fans. 

I'm not saying there aren't rich, privileged ethnic minorities who can afford Enigma, I'm just saying mostly it's her white rich audience who will be the prime consumer of this cultural piece. 

You say white people are richer...

Check out eastern Europe or much of Russia where the people are poorer on average than many Indians or Chinese people

the artist formerly known as melancholia

A Hybrid
5 minutes ago, GypsyVida said:

This. Literally this.

That's all you had to say lol. I was just so tired of hearing all these European LMs talk about how easy it is for Americans to go.

I get it. I never said everyone in the US could afford to go in the first place.

It’s just, if someone can’t afford to go and it’s because of the flights, I think it’s kind of ignorant to say “Oh and I’m from another state you don’t see me complaining”

I get that there can be many obstacles, but there’s always this +1 obstacle for international fans.

No family’s safe when I sashay

Just now, Bobbins said:

I can never understand why white people are so uncomfortable against ethnic minorities trying to decolonize their own truths. I am done with your troll posts, I have a literature essay to write anyway. Bye. 

You're racist by implying that all "white Americans" can just fly to Vegas whenever they feel like. That's not how it works and you should know this before going on social media and posting whatever you feel like.

3 minutes ago, Bobbins said:

Btw Im not even "white privilaged" :oops: or american :toofunny:

could mean anything

1 minute ago, Bobbins said:

Did you create this thread actually expecting people to agree with your ignorant assumption that Enigma is a "rich white" privilege? All you did was target anyone who expressed their opinion & acted as if what you said was the only right answer. If that's what you want to do, honey, this ain't the right place to do it. 

Runway
25 minutes ago, A Hybrid said:

This is just— Gaga is not US’s national superstar, she’s an international megastar.

Just accept that it’s always harder for international fans. I bet Gaga had more than 10 live shows in Florida. All I’m saying is, you can’t come for international fans complaining about Vegas if you live in the US.

Sis stop I don't live in the US and I'm working to pay for my show and airplane ticket!

Even when she did come to my country I had to take planes, pay for hotels, taxi, food, because Mexico City is so far away from where I am. and that is OKAY because i'm paying for a luxury such as a pop show, I'm not entitled to it

4 minutes ago, Bobbins said:

Okkkiiii byeeeeee

Good luck with your essay!

we will miss you so hard on here :awkney:

Banned 04/19/2020 - 04/19/2020

• PartySick locked this topic

Archived