Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

How is the Vegas residency fair to her fans?

Bobbins

Featured Posts

46 minutes ago, Bobbins said:

Okay let me rephrase this then. How is Gaga doing a Vegas residency for 3 years fair for her normal fans who can't afford to come to Vegas to see her? Ever since the Joanne album campaign Gaga has been appealing to a whiter American audience who uphold the privileges of white culture. I feel like with the Vegas residency it's the same thing considering it's in Vegas and only rich white gays can afford to go there. What about her fans in Asia? What about her fans in Europe? This is extremely unfair for her wider audience who had to face cancellation from her last tour too. 

This reach is just... :saladga:

I can’t with people anymore. Why does everything have to always be about race, homophobia, etc.? Why does everyone have to automatically be so offended by literally everything? It’s so tired...

A Vegas residency is a huge accomplishment as a popstar/musician/entertainer. It’s not forever. She will tour again I’m sure, this is Lady Gaga we’re talking about. She even said being in this residency she gets to let some of her artistic visions for the show come to life that didn’t get to shine while touring, since touring prohibits some stage ideas (because they have to pack it all up every night and travel to the next city).

Why can’t this fanbase all be happy for Gaga for once and stop complaining...? Instead of being bitter, why not be proud that she’s out there slaying right now?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shipper
37 minutes ago, Bobbins said:

Why are you blaming the white middle class Americans and as you said,  their 'privilege' to afford an expensive Vegas show when statistically,  Asians have higher salaries and higher household income than whites in America?

You are being called a racist because you single out ONE race and try to blame them for what they can afford while they are really not to blame.  You just like to point fingers at Whites. 

Being able to afford a Vegas trip is NOT a white privilege. Stop blaming them and get your facts straight. 

💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕

GypsyVida
1 minute ago, A Hybrid said:

Not every american is rich but only maybe 1% of our countries can afford stuff like this.

Okay but same here. Do you even understand the margin of wealth in this nation? It's absolutely ridiculous. All of my LM friends can't afford to go to vegas. Stop acting like it's just an issue for non-Americans. 

Stream COWBOY CARTER

Just now, Bobbins said:

You are incredibly hostile for no reason. I never said that quote and you trying to push that narrative on me just shows how uncomfortable you are at an ethnic minority discussing race. 

This is why we hate you

Runway
1 minute ago, Bobbins said:

it's tailored for white people to afford it and not her international fans

You do know Vegas is mostly visited by international tourists right :deadbanana: 

hardcore1996

Yeah and then when she tours she has to cancel shows cuz she’s sick and everyone’s complaining and out money for hotels etc,. at least this way people are complaining about not seeing her and she’s healthy.

Probably not very well seeing how 95% of fans are being snubbed because they cant travel to the US and or Vegas. :vegas:

A Hybrid
4 minutes ago, GypsyVida said:

Okay but same here. Do you even understand the margin of wealth in this nation? It's absolutely ridiculous. All of my LM friends can't afford to go to vegas. Stop acting like it's just an issue for non-Americans. 

It’s objectively harder for international fans to go and I counted the reasons in my first post. I’m sure it’s impossible for you to go, just like it is for me. But at the end, generally speaking, it’s easier for americans than for international fans and it always will be.

Am I complaining? Nope. I enjoy just listening to her on Spotify. Is it Gaga’s fault? No, she’s ill. Is it fair? Definitely not. Is anything in life? Probably not.

this is just facts.

No family’s safe when I sashay

2 minutes ago, Bobbins said:

Enigma, as a business model, is targeted towards a white audience mostly. Because white people historically, particularly in America, are wealthier and more privileged and so would be able to afford Vegas as a result. Enigma represents the culture, a space which has historically been privileged for white people, and that is my core problem with it because the way it's tailored for white people to afford it and not her international fans. 

I'm not saying there aren't rich, privileged ethnic minorities who can afford Enigma, I'm just saying mostly it's her white rich audience who will be the prime consumer of this cultural piece. 

So the problem with Enigma is that it's on the US? :green: I still don't get your point. For me, she is doing this show because she always wanted to have a residency, and Las Vegas it's the place where everyone else does this. :saladga: It's not that hard. And actually, I think most of the people that attend to this shows are tourists, so again, I dont get your point.

could mean anything

GypsyVida
2 minutes ago, A Hybrid said:

I’m sure it’s impossible for you to go, just like it is for me.

This. Literally this.

That's all you had to say lol. I was just so tired of hearing all these European LMs talk about how easy it is for Americans to go.

Stream COWBOY CARTER

SPARTACUS
1 hour ago, Bobbins said:

Okay let me rephrase this then. How is Gaga doing a Vegas residency for 3 years fair for her normal fans who can't afford to come to Vegas to see her? Ever since the Joanne album campaign Gaga has been appealing to a whiter American audience who uphold the privileges of white culture. I feel like with the Vegas residency it's the same thing considering it's in Vegas and only rich white gays can afford to go there. What about her fans in Asia? What about her fans in Europe? This is extremely unfair for her wider audience who had to face cancellation from her last tour too. 

She's as fair as Britney, Shania, Céline, Cher and Sade (who tours once per DECADE).

tumblr_phwtja4pV91xmo1c7o1_400.gif

-𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐌𝐀™

Bobbins
1 minute ago, Runway said:

You do know Vegas is mostly visited by international tourists right :deadbanana: 

Obviously when I meant international I meant ethnic minorities who cannot afford the costs. 

2 minutes ago, Shipper said:

Why are you blaming the white middle class Americans and as you said,  their 'privilege' to afford an expensive Vegas show when statistically,  Asians have higher salaries and higher household income than whites in America?

You are being called a racist because you single out ONE race and try to blame them for what they can afford while they are really not to blame.  You just like to point fingers at Whites. 

Being able to afford a Vegas trip is NOT a white privilege. Stop blaming them and get your facts straight. 

Asians are still ethnic minorities and go through major micro-aggressions day in day out despite their supposed wealth from a small sample. Majority of Chinese Asians living in America are from wealthier families anyway and are a minority within that minority itself. 

You are being racist by reinforcing your racist ideas onto me. I am not blaming anyone but exposing the white space in which Enigma's business model is built upon. I'm used to it because I know my people have been historically excluded and stolen from within the arts and culture epoch. 

2 minutes ago, DCgaga said:

This is why we hate you

I will pray for you. You are very angry. 

edengowon
13 minutes ago, Bobbins said:

Sweetie, white privilege has historically been linked to culture and the arts. Literature, art, and even music, were areas marked by white space. Do you ever wonder why there's not an ethnic minority equivalent to Shakespeare taught in literature class? Or why all the famous renaissance painters are white? Even music, people like Elvis Presley, are worshiped as legends when artists like him were racist and ripped off the artistry from black musicians. Like I said, for once in history, this kind of discourse is not monopolized by white people. Ethnic minority people are no longer afraid to speak out and this is why white people are uncomfortable because there's a seismic shift happening in culture and white supremacy. The status quo is being challenged on the racial lines and this will continue growing because we are starting to gain power in our voice. 

There's no ethnic minority Renaissance artists cause the Renaissance was the flourishing of European arts at a time when Europe was 99.9% white

Also, Chinese, Japanese, Traditional African and Mughal art is widely celebrated as a cultural masterpiece. The Chinese empire had some of the finest art in history, Ming dynasty vases are massively celebrated as a masterpiece of historical pottery. The Middle East was the location of the scientific revolution pre-1000, the Mughal empire produced some of the finest historical architecture (see Taj Mahal). Your argument does not hold up since many racial-minority artists and art forms are widely celebrated and supported as much as European ones...

Also, hip-hop and RnB (two of the most popular music genres) were formed and evolved within black, African American society

the artist formerly known as melancholia

Shipper
11 minutes ago, Bobbins said:

Enigma, as a business model, is targeted towards a white audience mostly. Because white people historically, particularly in America, are wealthier and more privileged and so would be able to afford Vegas as a result. Enigma represents the culture, a space which has historically been privileged for white people, and that is my core problem with it because the way it's tailored for white people to afford it and not her international fans. 

I'm not saying there aren't rich, privileged ethnic minorities who can afford Enigma, I'm just saying mostly it's her white rich audience who will be the prime consumer of this cultural piece. 

median-household-income-in-the-united-st

523890bd69beddb020d28248-750-495.jpg

I think you should blame the Asians if you want to continue. :trollga:

But sis,  this ain't healthy. 

💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕

• PartySick locked this topic

Archived