Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Tara Savelo on R Kelly: “I had no idea”

Stef

Featured Posts

42 minutes ago, Stef said:

I didn’t know where to place this considering Tara ain’t exactly known enough to be in entertainment news. 

I figured that here was pretty sufficient given that Tara really introduced Gaga to the concept of working with R Kelly. If she didn’t know, then Gaga most likely didn’t, it’s interesting 

This is quite possible.  I doubt if many people here knew either, even with the little detectives and those who follow pop culture closely.  People here were praising the DWUW single and were demanding release of the MV.  Gaga was admonished harshly here for years for not releasing the MV.  I doubt if credible evidence of R. Kelly's misdeeds were known at that time by many, and maybe Gaga didn't know of credible evidence either when she was recording the single.

I live outside the space time continuum.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GypsyBabe
6 minutes ago, Wigless said:

OH MY GOD SAME. I always thought it was some fetish. Literally nobody took it seriously until recently. Disgusting, but it explains why it never really set in for most people. 

Yeah literally!!! People made it seem like he was just some creep who was into weird fetishes with his girlfriends. I had no idea that it was with minors! That’s why I can believe that some average people had no idea because it wasn’t televised or reported on the way they are making it seem. Remember back then we didn’t have news flashing on all this social media and on our phones. That sh*t didn’t exist like that. So if you didn't watch the news or pick up a magazine then it would have just passed you by. 

That is why the docuseries is doing so well. People are shook for a reason. They didnt know. 

⚯͛

3 minutes ago, Wigless said:

OH MY GOD SAME. I always thought it was some fetish. Literally nobody took it seriously until recently. Disgusting, but it explains why it never really set in for most people. 

No that "rumor" came up because he peed on young girls and was arrested for child **** before

PoshLife
36 minutes ago, Chris Evans said:

these allegations were not at all widely known even to fans- they were hidden just like the harvey weinstein stories 

That is NOT wholly true

I think a lot of you may be a little too young to have been paying attention to things like this when it was news, but the idea that Gaga didn't know R Kelly peed on a little girl cannot POSSIBLY be true. Some of what's in the documentary series is new I'm sure, but R Kelly was a known quantity well before ARTPOP.

GypsyBabe
Just now, Ziggy said:

No that "rumor" came up because he peed on young girls and was arrested for child **** before

Yeah but I never knew this. I recall this as being a pop culture moment in that it was on the Simpsons and South Park and was used as a punch line. I literally had no idea that he was a suspected pedophile and urinated on 13 year olds. 

⚯͛

PoshLife
Just now, GypsyBabe said:

Yeah but I never knew this. I recall this as being a pop culture moment in that it was on the Simpsons and South Park and was used as a punch line. I literally had no idea that he was a suspected pedophile and urinated on 13 year olds. 

I mean with all due respect you're not really what's at issue here. The question isn't whether some internet rando knew about R Kelly. But someone in the music business with an avowed affinity for popular culture who had been following R Kelly's career as a fan? She knew.

She knew.

And people who say she didn't are willfully ignorant.

GypsyBabe
1 minute ago, PoshLife said:

That is NOT wholly true

I think a lot of you may be a little too young to have been paying attention to things like this when it was news, but the idea that Gaga didn't know R Kelly peed on a little girl cannot POSSIBLY be true. Some of what's in the documentary series is new I'm sure, but R Kelly was a known quantity well before ARTPOP.

Yeah but keep in mind...it even says in the docuseries that the family denied that it was their daughter in the video...which was very poor quality. We now know it was her, but at the time it could have been passed off as someone of age. 

⚯͛

Y'all, he was indicted in '02 on child **** charges in a VERY widely publicized case. I don't know why y'all wouldn't know this, probably too young, but this was huge news. Do What U Want was designed in coordination with his comeback album as he'd been off the radar since the charges. The fetish jokes came from him actually committing these crimes. Lord, just because y'all didn't know doesn't mean no one else did. I have heard no music by Kelly and I knew this. Not saying everyone would know, but a self proclaimed super fan absolutely would as would any businessperson with half a mind (i.e. a legal team of one of the largest pop artists in the world in charge of maintaining her image). They collaborated for controversy plain and simple. Maybe Gaga wanted a statement with shock but management wanted the shock. They knew.

The song was about being smeared in the media and the double entendre of having your way with a woman's body; Gaga knew *exactly* what the situation was in collaborating with him. This was absolutely no oops coincidence. She brushed them off as allegations because he was cleared of the charges, but so was O.J. and in this case there are tapes showing him committing the acts. It was careless and Gaga should not have collaborated with him but past is in the past so she just ought to say she dun goofed.

56 minutes ago, Runway said:

I didn’t know either back in 2013 but I’m not american so 

Same on both :air: I knew him as the guy who sang I Believe I Can Fly! That gd song. Also the pee thing. But I thought those were just nasty rumors.

21 minutes ago, Wigless said:

Omg pls find receipts for this so we can cancel the extra 

it doesn't though

there's already an interview of white shadow saying it was his idea, but she went with it anyway so she is still wrong.

“Long story short, I mean, it's some space age George Jetson R&B (stuff),” said Blair by email Monday. “My friend Martin was playing me this beat he had done for a remix project like two years ago. I told him ‘you gotta let me have that’ so I flipped it and Gaga and I started writing to it on the tour bus when we were in Europe.

“It kinda stayed on a back burner for a minute and then we were talking around a month ago. I was like ‘You know who would sound good on this? R. Kelly’ and she said ‘Yes!’

https://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/celebrity/chi-lady-gaga-r-kelly-do-what-u-want-20131021-column.html

GypsyBabe
1 minute ago, PoshLife said:

I mean with all due respect you're not really what's at issue here. The question isn't whether some internet rando knew about R Kelly. But someone in the music business with an avowed affinity for popular culture who had been following R Kelly's career as a fan? She knew.

She knew.

And people who say she didn't are willfully ignorant.

But what I am saying is that there is a possibility that she didn’t know the extent because it was not as publicly known as it appears in the series. The docuseries is showing footage like it was publicized like the Michael Jackson case and that is not true. 

Also remember that he was never really charged with anything. She could have genuinely thought he was innocent of anything and that he was a victim of the media machine. Sometimes as fans we can be blind to our artists actions and perhaps she felt the same way. 

I think that she should have been smart and stayed away from him altogether. It was a horrible decision and I don’t know how it was allowed to happen. But I also feel that Gaga as a person would never work with someone that she knew raped little girls. 

⚯͛

GypsyBabe
4 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

Y'all, he was indicted in '02 on child **** charges in a VERY widely publicized case. I don't know why y'all wouldn't know this, probably too young, but this was huge news.

Yeah, I was 13 honestly didn’t know. :ohno:

But look at Drake creeping on young girls and no one has anything to say about it. The industry is so f*cked up. 

⚯͛

Gaga was getting a lot of hate of the time, so i kinda get her idea of using someone who she also thought was falsely attacked by the media, i just think she just need to say she was wrong for it, she regrets it and just move on.

I have no idea why she hasn't yet, cause i'm pretty sure her team is aware of this by this point, they are being really dumb if they are thinking just ignoring is gonna work.

Delusional Aura
53 minutes ago, symphonia said:

More like she turned a blind eye because of her thirst for him.. She is the reason why Gaga is in this mess.. 

GAGA is an adult. She has been in the music industry for a while. Any musician Gaga's age that says they didn't know about R Kelly shady past is blatantly lying. 

GypsyBabe
Just now, Sugden said:

Gaga was getting a lot of hate of the time, so i kinda get her idea of using someone who she also thought was falsely attacked by the media, i just think she just need to say she was wrong for it, she regrets it and just move on.

I have no idea why she hasn't yet, cause i'm pretty sure her team is aware of this by this point, they are being really dumb if they are thinking just ignoring is gonna work.

Yeah she needs to address it at this point as I don’t think this is going to disappear. She needs to clarify and apologize. 

As I have said before. I honestly believe Gaga would never knowingly work with someone who she knew raped little girls. But by remaining silent she is allowing people to make their own conclusions on her character. 

⚯͛

Archived