💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Lady Gaga needs to condemn R Kelly

Chickens in Malibu

Featured Posts

2School4Cool

Here’s the thing, she has done so much to advocate for sexual assault survivors, including speaking out about her own sexual assault. I don’t blame her for remaining silent. My guess is she worked with him not knowing everything there was to know about him, and upon realizing the unfortunate truth about his actions, she distanced herself and opened up even more about her own experiences. Perhaps this is why the video got scrapped. I get those saying she should make a statement, but I don’t blame her for wanting to remain silent on this. She’s proven her advocacy for sexual assault survivors so much already in recent years. I wouldn’t be disappointed if she made a comment but I don’t expect it from her, she can handle it how she feels fit.

See The Best In Everyone

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
McYves
46 minutes ago, Didymus said:

It wouldn't have been shocking if he hadn't been a widely suspected molestor :rip: That's the whole point.

YES. I said I got it. She was just pushing boundaries and being controversial and was a little bit to much for a lot of people. Maybe because I'm not Unitedstatesofamerican :huntyga: and with this "distance" (I've always lived in Mexico) I can appreciate their collab without all that mess. I wasn't even aware of the whole R. Kelly thing til very recently. Got it.

Don't wanna kiss, don't wanna touch, just drink my ****ing coffee and watch 90's cartoons and hush

crisTEAne
2 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

I've always kinda wished it had leaked a long time ago, as I knew it would come back to haunt her at some point, and seeing the current discussions, I wasn't wrong....

i really don't wanna see it, tho. the leaked scenes were all so cringy and messy. 

anyway, finally OT: i think a tweet similar to the katy perry legal drama one would suffice.

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

GagaUnderYou

Sometimes silence speaks volumes. She has no obligation to speak on the issue, she was not involved in his 

Although it's a very sexually driven song, Do What U Want is a pretty consenual song imo. 

I'm sure Gaga was aware of the negative press surrounding R.Kelly and his feature was intentional, she doesn't live under a rock. 

I do hope all those victimized by him find peace. 

elijahfan
Just now, T E A said:

i really don't wanna see it, tho. the leaked scenes were all so cringy and messy. 

anyway, finally OT: i think a tweet similar to the katy perry legal drama one would suffice.

Don't really wanna see it either, but at least that would be behind her. Now it's just been... looming over her for years, that's really annoying.

derpmonster
52 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

She cancelled their common project, losing millions in the process, and stopped associating herself with him, even going as far as recording a new featuring with Christina Aguilera to replace the original one... and that's not cutting ties to you?

giphy.gif

Okay she didn't replace it with the Christina version, didn't release that as a single.

She posted a throwback to that AMA performance with him a year later celebrating it. That's not cutting ties. If you cut ties, you wouldn't be throwing back to performances with him.

If she has cut ties after that, she should confirm. It's good for everyone and will clear the air. She likely knew about the accusations when she decided to collab, so she needs to take some responsibility.

Gaga has down so much for sexual assault survivors. I became a monster after hearing TIHTY. Why not clear this final stain? We know her heart is pure. She needs to say it. Bravely. People may react negatively on the internet but only for a bit. Then they'll forget and the DWUW mess will not be brought up every single time. If it will be, we will have an excuse: she apologized.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

FentyGa

Yeah. While I respect what she did at the time, I just can't get behind her silence. She hasn't said anything and this is only hurting. Gaga's always been a voice for the people, an example for our generation and if she doesn't speak out about it, all she's doing is pretending that a mistake is forgivable if you throw it under the mat.

jojostanforlife
9 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

Once again, the ARTPOP era was far from over. And I'm fairly sure the allegations against both Richardson and Kelly were enough for her management to ask her to cancel the single, though she might have disagreed with the decision at the moment. I'm pretty sure she's come around.

How was it far from over? The artRave ended November 24th, the same day she last tweeted about R. Kelly. 

I think her thought process was at the time was:

I've made an R&B song, my makeup artist loves R. Kelly, lets put an iconic R&B artist on my R&B song. You can even see that with the video riffing off cheesy **** and 90's video girls in R&B songs. I doubt she knew the full extent of his accusations at time (plus, people forget more damning stuff came out after 2014). 

I don't think her intentions of collaborating with him were as sinister as people claim, but...she should still speak out.

crisTEAne
2 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

Don't really wanna see it either, but at least that would be behind her. Now it's just been... looming over her for years, that's really annoying.

maybe she'll be subpoenaed or something and the transcripts will leak à la the katy mess. in that case, there would be more pressure on her to acknowledge the situation, imo. now it's only her oscar chances. :trollga: 

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

vitoburrrito

I definitely think she should say something about it. Someone mentioned that she should just blame it on DJ White Shadow, which is such a weird thing to say since we have no idea who's idea it actually was to work with R. Kelly.

Gaga doesn't need to apologize to sexual assault victims, condemn R. Kelly, or blame anybody for this collaboration. She just needs to acknowledge that it was a mistake considering his history and her life experiences. Chance the Rapper did a similar thing, so there is a precedent. (https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Chance-the-Rapper-Apologizes-for-Working-With-R-Kelly-504063131.html)

If she addresses it, people might think it's disingenuous or they might not think it's a good enough statement, but if she doesn't address it then it will follow her around forever. 

Miracle
1 hour ago, nicolasrumet said:

This can't continue. She's worried about negative press in this campaign. But she's getting even more negative press from being silent. This issue is more important than this campaign. She's not going to win BA anyway.

Whoever is advising her not to speak is not doing her any good.

She needs to release a statement, explaining that the collaboration was a suggestion from her producer White Shadow and that it was a big mistake that she regrets.

This issue is really tarnishing her reputation as a sexual assault survivor. 

Do you need to have a "REPUTATION" as a sexual assault survivor? That's patronizing as ****. 

elijahfan
3 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

Okay she didn't replace it with the Christina version, didn't release that as a single.

She posted a throwback to that AMA performance with him a year later celebrating it. That's not cutting ties. If you cut ties, you wouldn't be throwing back to performances with him.

If she has cut ties after that, she should confirm. It's good for everyone and will clear the air. She likely knew about the accusations when she decided to collab, so she needs to take some responsibility.

Gaga has down so much for sexual assault survivors. I became a monster after hearing TIHTY. Why not clear this final stain? We know her heart is pure. She needs to say it. Bravely. People may react negatively on the internet but only for a bit. Then they'll forget and the DWUW mess will not be brought up every single time. If it will be, we will have an excuse: she apologized.

I saw the receipts, I've been made aware of all those points.

JohnnyVersace

Gaga isn't vocal when it comes to discussing other people's scandals and choices. Never has been and never will be. 

She cut all ties with him, stopped the music video from releasing, and distanced herself. Just as she did with Terry. To me, that speaks volumes. She doesn't need to insert herself into THEIR scandals in order to appease the masses. 

And why must it be HER to discuss R. Kelly? Many celebrities declined to be in the documentary, yet everyone is focused on HER speaking out. It's because of her recent success, her talent, and her constant philanthropy that she's the target. And I have to say, it's classic sexism at play, faulting a female who has ZERO relation to his criminality, and making her the bad guy.  Yeah, she released a song with him. So have scores of other musicians, and she was hardly the closest to him. 

It's simply not her mess to clean up, and she has no involvement with the sex scandal.

(plus I mean do we really need her to apologize more for ARTPOP :usrs::sweat:)

FentyGa
13 minutes ago, ILoveAGypsyLife said:

My guess is she worked with him not knowing everything there was to know about him, and upon realizing the unfortunate truth about his actions, she distanced herself and opened up even more about her own experiences.

R.Kelly and Aaliyah's marriage was talked about so much, and it was in the 90s so how Gaga could miss that, I don't know. I'm not saying that she definitely knew, but it seems unlikely to me.

elijahfan
4 minutes ago, jojostanforlife said:

How was it far from over? The artRave ended November 24th, the same day she last tweeted about R. Kelly. 

I think her thought process was at the time was:

I've made an R&B song, my makeup artist loves R. Kelly, lets put an iconic R&B artist on my R&B song. You can even see that with the video riffing off cheesy **** and 90's video girls in R&B songs. I doubt she knew the full extent of his accusations at time (plus, people forget more damning stuff came out after 2014). 

I don't think her intentions of collaborating with him were as sinister as people claim, but...she should still speak out.

Gaga is also pretty well known for seeing the best in the people around her, and then getting her heart broken when she realizes she's been fooled or taken advantage of.

• Admin locked this topic

Archived