💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
press

“Gaga needs to stop giving Bradley all the Credit”

Kimmo

Featured Posts

misunderstood
8 minutes ago, MelbHawker said:

This article here epitomises what annoys me about society and the media alike. They take something that doesn't have an ounce of an issue in it, they re-contextualise it and make it an issue.

All she's done is thank and praise Bradley Cooper for his support, direction and guidance that he gave to her during this film. She's not implied she was nothing prior to winning the role, nor is she disservicing women or claiming men are superior. That is bullshit.

She's being gracious, humble. The writer and everyone agreeing should look those words up.

THIS. :applause:

****ING. :applause:

TEA. :applause:

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SAYING THIS!!!!!!! 

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pedrohemg
9 minutes ago, MelbHawker said:

No she doesn't. Every actress lives their truth when they say that they always wanted to be an actress. & every actor who is praised with awards etc. compliments their peers. 

She can't win with you guys. F*ck. :toofunny:

The way she says that it seems she's trying to be accepted. It's different from when an actress win an award and gently says the others in the category also deserved it, etc., etc. It's like she's trying really hard to be part of that. And since I'm not a fanatic fan that praises Gaga like a God, I can clearly see that.

MelbHawker
1 minute ago, pedrohemg said:

The way she says that it seems she's trying to be accepted. It's different from when an actress win an award and gently says the others in the category also deserved it, etc., etc. It's like she's trying really hard to be part of that. And since I'm not a fanatic fan that praises Gaga like a God, I can clearly see that.

It's actually her practising being humble, but if how you see it works for you then great.

ShayCristoforo

I love her always, but I often think her adoration of him is so cringey to the point where I question the authenticity. lol

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

Killa

I was ready to you have to stop giffing

But

I've been thinking this for a whole, though ive missed most of GG. Points were made. But this internalized misoginy (that was a bit streching it, from just this) is something weve been getting on the Lady phase and She tried to confront in joanne.

Lets hope She changes a bit her direction, by now everyone knows talented and shes not desperte to attention. Its enough of blending in. Its certainly crucial for her how She presentes herself now

Killa
5 hours ago, Gagadonna said:

again, it has to do with her low self-esteem :( she's always looking for someone to lift her up, either her fan, Tony, or Bradley 

Love her regardless :hug:

Thanks sweetie.

Also her relying on narrative.:noparty:

I truly want her to feel more secure, She deserves the world. 

Cause then it mixes with promo her image and She makes a mess. 

Kimmo
1 hour ago, pedrohemg said:

And she needs to stop saying things like: "I always wanted to be an actress", "It's an honor to be among such talented actors". I mean, she's an actress now.

Yeah this is kinda true I guess 

Hottie Detector

elijahfan

Are we already forgetting that backstage interview where she's asked about Bradley, and quickly shifts the attention back to the song?

She might be giving a lot of credit to Bradley when it comes to the acting because filmmaking is his part and that would seem preposterous of her to sound too sure of herself about what is basically her first big movie role - but when it comes to the music, she pretty much knows she delivered :oprah:

About the article in the OP, I can't quite believe the nauseating point that it's trying to make... and the amount of people here agreeing with it.

Kattys

Well what is wrong with going and saying "yeah I'm the best, i DID it I'm great actress".

You wouldn't wish for Gaga to do this because press would be bad, saying she is cocky or something. If a guy did it - no one would bat an eye, press would say "confident". So basically you are just afraid of the oppresive patriarchy.

That is why this logic that women should be quiet/polite/don't brag about success needs to end. It is highly anticipated that a woman should be quiet and give credit to everyone except her, so she would be seen as "modest". That is why this is discussed as a problem, you guys have to have a broader look at things.

Agreed!! But at the same time I think she's just being humble and grateful for getting such a legendary role.

GypsyBabe

She’s being humble and grateful that Bradley didn’t listen to the naysayers and gave her a chance. They are also very much in love (as friends) and I think she so very badly wants him to get praise. 

That being said. I agree to an extent. She needs to promote that she did a great job as well. Because she did, and she deserves the praise that she is getting not only because of Bradley as a director, but because of her fearlessness. This may effect her awards a bit because she keeps pushing off the success on Bradley and not herself. 

But I also think this looks good for her overall in the industry. She seems very kind, humble, and a great person to work with. A collaborative team player. This will help her in the long run more than awards will. She already has the critical acclaim and GP approval for the film. Everyone knows she did an amazing job and want to work with her sans awards. No one will remember if she won a GG or not. 

⚯͛

IllumiMark

I somewhat agree but I think she's just showing gratitude because Bradley believed in her and he is the one who managed to make ASIB with Lady Gaga as his co-star happen.

And you know, there can be a hundred people in the room, and 99 don’t believe in you, but one does and that was him :derpga:

StrawberryBlond

Good lord, women just have to be everything, don't they? We have a long list of things that we're "allowed" to do as long as we don't take those things too far. For years, women have been conditioned into thinking men are better than them and now with modern feminism taking a bad turn, it's the exact opposite that's now put into our heads. It's a sudden switch around that's hard to undertake. It's not so much as believing you're equal to men, it's that you're better. But we know that when a woman acts like that, she gets a bad reception, so what's wrong with being in the middle, giving credit where it's due, nothing more, nothing less? When she said the line about it's hard to be taken seriously as a woman in the industry and then immediately followed it up with the men that helped her out, she was referring to the fact that most of the music industry that controls things is male, so the only way that female artists can succeed is if men believe in them and these 3 men believed in her. It's just a realistic way of looking at things. Women helping women can only get so far, but you need the other 50% of the population to help out too. You can't make change if men are not on board, it's just basic maths.

I don't see what Gaga's doing to be any more OTT than what every full-time actor in history has done, which is thank the cast and crew and everyone except themselves. "It wouldn't have been possible without..." is one of the most overused phrases in Hollywood because it's true. Gaga has huge respect for the entire process of filmmaking and would never think that a movie's good just for the sole reason that she's in it, which is a very admirable position to have. It's having this attitude that will ensure she gets more roles in the future, and good roles at that. Bradley has always praised her just as highly as well, it's a mutual give and take. By the sounds of it, Bradley is just as honoured to step into Gaga's domain of singing as she is to step into his domain of acting. She learned to be an actress, he learned to be a singer. They're both learning from each other and praise each other accordingly.

16 hours ago, ARTPOPRS said:

Also mess at the people trying to silence Gaga being the same people who want more power and free speech for women... You see this a **** ton in minority groups which is so stupid, these people want freedom of expression and freedom of this and that for you but as soon as you say or do something they don’t agree with they try to shut you up. A bunch of hypocrites who are self centered and only care about their problems. 

Yep, it drives me nuts as well. You'd think every group had a committee or something, particularly online. Being liberal now can ironically be the very opposite of the liberal definition. If it's only opinions that you like, it's not free speech. I wonder how many women cheered on Madonna when she said that women are taught not to have opinions that are outside the status quo...but then tore down another woman for not being feminist enough or tried to cancel someone who had an opposing view. I've frequently had people demand that I provide evidence for my view and then they refuse to even acknowledge it or are overly nitpicky in a way that they didn't do for views that they supported.

Archived