❤︎ ❤︎ ❤︎

Lana Del Rey

Lum

Featured Posts

Lana is EVERYWHERE around here in my city in Portugal, and my heart melts every single time I see her on these H&M advertisings :cry:

I want to take a picture with one of them, but I always forget to carry my camera around

I really love the Born to die.

But I think she should exercise a bit with her attitude and her singing live.

but it's always a joy hearing her sing.

Im convinced Ride has been mastered badly or something. The drums, cymbals and hats all sound slightly distorted under her vocals and the bass. Maybe it's the way she wanted it to sound..

Edited by dc1993

I thought about the same but this vintage mastering sound has been successfully realized with "Diet Mountain Dew" on "Born to Die" already. I don't see how the distortions in "Ride" are intentional, this is just sloppy mastering.

This, shocker

canadianryan

The sound of the new iTunes tracks is definitely distorted. If you look at the song in an audio editor, you can see the volume is WAY higher than it should be. I looked at Ride from iTunes and compared it to the version on Lana's youtube and the YT version has normal volume levels, but the levels in the iTunes version that I bought are boosted SO loud, and that's what is causing the distortion. Burning Desire is even worse. Anyone who bought it should email iTunes about it, so they can hopefully get a new file from her record label and get this mess fixed. I can't/won't even listen to Burning Desire anymore, it sounds so bad :(

I thought about the same but this vintage mastering sound has been successfully realized with "Diet Mountain Dew" on "Born to Die" already. I don't see how the distortions in "Ride" are intentional, this is just sloppy mastering.

Yep. But how does that happen? I don't see Lana ever signing off on masters that sound like "Ride" and "Burning Desire", when Born To Die was such a consistent, high-quality recording.

I assume the release of "Ride" was a little rushed, maybe even because so many other contemporaries were releasing their lead singles. And it's not the only song available on iTunes from "Paradise" with notably low audio quality.

Let's hope the mastering of the CD isn't as bad as this.

Mm, but Blue Velvet sounds totally flawless, and it was surely mastered in the same session as the rest of the record. Hmm, yeah if my CD arrives sounding like "Ride" does now, Im sending it back.

The big question: Videogames or Ride?

VideoGames will forever be the Lana "classic", I think "Ride" could become the VG of this record... maybe if the (10 minute) video proves to be a big hit.

JudasInTheDark

I reallllly want to go to a Lana concert now. Also I'm dying for Burning Desire to go on iTunes in the US!!! Why is it not?!?!