Featured Posts

Rudz Xinc

Varys was not impressed and happy about his ending

Look at those clowns

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/27/2019 at 4:19 PM, MelbHawker said:

Bran never watched Daenerys's massacre prior to it happening, though. This is the point I am trying to make here. He knew dragons would end up in Westeros / KL but he didn't know what she would actually do with them. I can't understand that criticism of Bran. Did I miss a scene in one of the episodes where it showed him watching Daenerys's massacre or showing him having knowledge of it prior to it happening?

People who can't buy that the other 6 Kingdoms wouldn't choose independence obviously aren't book readers and don't understand the historic relations the kingdoms have with one another .. and are looking for another reason to hate on the last episode. :toofunny: I can understand criticisms of Dorne not asking for independence but not the rest of them. What reason would any of the other Kingdoms want independence from the Crown? The issue of independence was never a factor in any war or conflict across 8 seasons - none of their leaders ever declared (or even implied they desired) independence. 

Fans are making up details in their own minds re: the outcome. 

Bran saw possibilities. When he saw the worst posibility came true, he should have acted, as the show showed us that he can. HE DIDNT. The show should have told us why he didnt act. Its simple as that. 

Why criticise fans that they dont know about the history of the 6 kingdoms, when even you, with your supposed superior knowledge, can find a paragraph later at least one kingdom who would have asked for independence? And you talk about details of other fans, when you agree with me, but still disagree because who knows why. :))

Let all the fans have the opinions they want. I dont understand why we cant keep the discussion on point and need to make statements about other fans that arent here to read your opinions about them?

freebit
15 hours ago, RudzXinc said:

Varys was not impressed and happy about his ending

He fumed throughout the entire reading :air: 

I wished we had a whole 2 hours of the cast reading the scripts & their reactions. Rory's excitement for Maisie about the Night King scene was so cute.

9 hours ago, Florin said:

Bran saw possibilities. When he saw the worst posibility came true, he should have acted, as the show showed us that he can. HE DIDNT. The show should have told us why he didnt act. Its simple as that. 

Why criticise fans that they dont know about the history of the 6 kingdoms, when even you, with your supposed superior knowledge, can find a paragraph later at least one kingdom who would have asked for independence? And you talk about details of other fans, when you agree with me, but still disagree because who knows why. :))

Let all the fans have the opinions they want. I dont understand why we cant keep the discussion on point and need to make statements about other fans that arent here to read your opinions about them?

Don't respond to him, his own arguments don't match what the show has told us, lmao. 

Anyone defending this season's writing is either choosing to ignore the blatent plot holes and inconsistencies or likes transformers movies and other stuff that's just spectacle  :oops:

MelbHawker
On 5/29/2019 at 3:08 AM, Florin said:

He wasn't watching Daenerys destroying KL though.. he stayed in Winterfell. He was not involved in that episode so I'm not understanding the basis of your argument at all. What do you mean 'he should have acted'? Do you mean to say that you think he should have saved KL or put a stop to Daenerys and Drogon? :saladga:

I'm not taking anyone's right to their opinion away, nor saying they shouldn't have them. My criticism of the fans was hardly harsh.. I'm not even sure why you're twisting this into something it's not. You made a generalised comment of what fans were struggling with re: the show's outcome in your post. I merely responded to what you said.. I'm not sure how I've gone off topic here. 

Anyhow, we're never going to agree on this so I don't see the point in continuing this conversation. 

MelbHawker
On 5/29/2019 at 12:34 PM, brownie said:

Don't respond to him, his own arguments don't match what the show has told us, lmao. 

Anyone defending this season's writing is either choosing to ignore the blatent plot holes and inconsistencies or likes transformers movies and other stuff that's just spectacle  :oops:

:toofunny:  Hilarious.

I'm not defending this season's writing at all - I've made many posts criticising it, actually. The quality of the writing is atrocious when you look at earlier seasons. 

I've been trying to understand all the Bran hate though post-finale. I don't get it. 

53 minutes ago, MelbHawker said:

He wasn't watching Daenerys destroying KL though.. he stayed in Winterfell. He was not involved in that episode so I'm not understanding the basis of your argument at all. What do you mean 'he should have acted'? Do you mean to say that you think he should have saved KL or put a stop to Daenerys and Drogon? :saladga:

I'm not taking anyone's right to their opinion away, nor saying they shouldn't have them. My criticism of the fans was hardly harsh.. I'm not even sure why you're twisting this into something it's not. You made a generalised comment of what fans were struggling with re: the show's outcome in your post. I merely responded to what you said.. I'm not sure how I've gone off topic here. 

Anyhow, we're never going to agree on this so I don't see the point in continuing this conversation. 

You are asking again the same question? Dont tell me again that Bran, The There Eyed Raven slept during the biggest genocide in his life, a place where  his brother and sister could have died.

And dont be the one to twist this. I just defended fans that arent here from your generalisation. Dont know if in our exchange, but I aknowledged here that there are fans who are ok with season 8.  A big proportion of the fans arent. Go to imdb, rottentomatoes or other forums and you will see them. I think you actually aknowledged them and you are just upset that they didnt watch the show like you, thinking that its ok for Bran to sleep so much of screen in season 8 and still get the throne. :)):ladyhaha: 

I think we already agreed that we arent similar Game of thrones fans, so lets move on. I am happy for you that you liked the final season. I didnt and as I said, it wasnt because of the end, but because HOW it got there.  :bye:

MelbHawker
On 5/31/2019 at 4:11 AM, Florin said:

You are asking again the same question? Dont tell me again that Bran, The There Eyed Raven slept during the biggest genocide in his life, a place where  his brother and sister could have died.

And dont be the one to twist this. I just defended fans that arent here from your generalisation. Dont know if in our exchange, but I aknowledged here that there are fans who are ok with season 8.  A big proportion of the fans arent. Go to imdb, rottentomatoes or other forums and you will see them. I think you actually aknowledged them and you are just upset that they didnt watch the show like you, thinking that its ok for Bran to sleep so much of screen in season 8 and still get the throne. :)):ladyhaha: 

I think we already agreed that we arent similar Game of thrones fans, so lets move on. I am happy for you that you liked the final season. I didnt and as I said, it wasnt because of the end, but because HOW it got there.  :bye:

I never told you again than Bran was sleeping during Daenerys sacking of KL, (& the first time I did I wasn't actually making a serious argument). 

I haven't twisted this conversation. I made a comment about the fandom (and I'm entitled too), to which you felt the need to defend. I'm aware of the differing opinions re: the show's final season. I hold the same opinion as you in that the way in the show got to it's conclusion was rushed. 

Anyhow, I really hope Winds of Winter is released soon so we can get more on the story behind all these finalities. Perhaps we'll all agree with each other more once the full narrative is known.

thatfoxyfeeling
1 hour ago, BOMSHELL said:

Y’all still here?

give me something for the pain and let me die

Handmaid's Tale, Black Mirror and Big Little Lies coming this month. :tony:

• 1 month later...
Thomas P

Well. 32 nominations at the Emmys. As much as the season was not my favourite, the one thing I loved EVERY episode was the acting, so I’m very happy about the acting nods (maybe not Kit, but whatever). Emilia and Maisie served justice.  

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Babel
33 minutes ago, Thomas P said:

Well. 32 nominations at the Emmys. As much as the season was not my favourite, the one thing I loved EVERY episode was the acting, so I’m very happy about the acting nods (maybe not Kit, but whatever). Emilia and Maisie served justice.  

Is Emilia nominated? She better be. That Dany going insane scene is still on my mind.

Thomas P
25 minutes ago, Diente said:

Is Emilia nominated? She better be. That Dany going insane scene is still on my mind.

She got a lead actress nod. Both Killing Eve actresses are nominated, so she’ll probably lose to Sandra Oh, but I’m really rooting for her (though Killing Eve is ****ing fantastic)

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Archived