Lady Gaga & other celebs declined to be interviewed for R. Kelly's doc

Teal Ambition

Featured Posts

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Edonis
38 minutes ago, Adarsh Soni said:

Whitney Houston collaborated with him, and so did a lot of a listers. And everyone is attacking Gaga.

Lowkey wondering why stan twitter only brings up Gaga in these situations though :green: Like I understand the apparent hypocrisy that it may portray, especially in the coming years with her rape/sexual assault advocacy, but there are also other people who still keep contacts with him and consider him a friend. People that some members on this site worship going as far to attend and take pictures at birthday parties, perform duets with in 2016, continue to collaborate with, and probably come in contact with their young children. So as much as one could argue that Gaga's actions are disappointing and hypocritical (they are tbh, and I'm not going to argue that) there are other celebs who never get as much backlash for establishing and maintaining relationships with that "man". Especially when there are members in this thread with their freaking faces as avatars. :green:

PartySick
2 hours ago, DelusionalGaga said:

As a stan I'm glad that she's keeping her distance from this mess but as a human I feel rather shitty that I want her to stay silent on this horrific issue. 

Well, as an MJ fan I'm particularly wary of documentaries :green: if you don't know what I mean, look up Bashier's travesty.

Anyway, she's done more than enough to be considered an activist. She worked with a questionable artist, we don't need that crashing back down on her five years after the fact.

🖤

DelusionalGaga
1 minute ago, PartySick said:

Well, as an MJ fan I'm particularly wary of documentaries :green: if you don't know what I mean, look up Bashier's travesty.

Anyway, she's done more than enough to be considered an activist. She worked with a questionable artist, we don't need that crashing back down on her five years after the fact.

Well, I mean I know she can't say much about it. It's not like she's aware of any crime details and she's not a witness or anything. I just feel like owning it up by saying that it was a mistake and that she won't ever do it again, would look better for her than ignoring it and pretending that it never happened. 

Edonis

Anyways, Gaga isn't a child and everyone in the industry knew about R. Kelly's past. There's a reason why there was so much backlash to the song when it first came out to the public. The excuses some of y'all are making to act like she was misguided or out of touch with her collaborator's history are ridiculous. At the very most she may have likely thought rumors of him being a recurrent predator were exaggerated, but even then, that isn't an excuse.  In the end, if it's brought up to her, she will have to defend her actions and (hopefully) use that as a learning experience with who you collaborate with and continue to drive her work as a sexual assault advocate. That's all.

South Blonde

To anyone saying she definitely knew about him: why? As far as I know there were always allegations about his sexual misconduct but not actual proof (I'll be glad to be proven wrong tho). I heard of a certain video but still, how could she know of that? She's relatively young, not really close to the R&B genre and community and she is a phucking celebrity hence she doesn't believe in everything the media says. I'm not trying to defend her because I'm the first one who thinks that her actions and choices were hypocritical but it is equally wrong to jump to conclusions and bash her. Publicity stunt? Oh, come on, would you potentially risk your career for a top 20 hit single?

And also she doesn't need to say sheit about this issue: she's never performed the song again, scrapped the video and pulled a Mariah that still lasts to this day. What else do you need?

Don't you think maybe they are the same thing? Love and attention?

2 hours ago, guyzplzstaph said:

I'm actually happy she's not participating - she knows him (i think) from working on a track. I don't think she should be stating her opinion in this case, mostly because it would bring completely nothing to the docuseries.

And yes, i do love DWUW

So... cant she say just that ? I only know him from working on a song and performing with him twice?

49 minutes ago, Runway said:

It wasn’t directed at anyone :ohwell: You are the one who got triggered by the Bey expose:poot:

But Gaga was the one leading the charge against rape by jumping in till it happens to you a year after working with a man with a history of sexual misconduct, and she is supposed to be a victim herself. 

Borislshere
Just now, South Blonde said:

To anyone saying she definitely knew about him: why? As far as I know there were always allegations about his sexual misconduct but not actual proof (I'll be glad to be proven wrong tho). I heard of a certain video but still, how could she know of that? She's relatively young, not really close to the R&B genre and community and she is a phucking celebrity hence she doesn't believe in everything the media says.

R.Kelly's past is literally one of the things he's most known for. Why dod you think she faced all the backlash after the SNL performance and single release? She would have to had lived a very sheltered life to not know about R.kelly's past.  

2 minutes ago, South Blonde said:

Publicity stunt? Oh, come on, would you potentially risk your career for a top 20 hit single?

The only reason i could see interscope okay-ing that collaboration would be because the R. Kelly drama had kind of died down at the time. Still not an excuse to work with that man. 

1 hour ago, symphonia said:

Yeah without Tara and DJWS she would have never worked with him and she wanted to release Venus instead, she even had the video already planned but she was forced to release DWUW as a single. Then she went all extra with the performances and video, and it remains a stain in her career.. It's not all her fault, she was pushed in that direction. And it seems she did that collaboration to please her friends. R. Kelly was not popular at the time she worked with him. 

Oooh poor  girl, she was forced to do all these things. No, excuse me no, she did them because she wanted to. 

It's not Gaga's  fault what R. Kelly did in the past but let's not pretend she didnt know or that she was forced to collaborate with him; no more excuses.

Anderson123

Meh I feel really bad because Do What U Want is the best song on ARTPOP in my opinion and R. Kelly totally ruined this and Gaga is more likely to never perform this again, not even a solo version.

I kinda understand why she won’t want to say anything about R kelly because at this point it’s a lose lose situation but you have to remember she willingly put herself in this situation I don’t believe for one sec she didn’t know what she was getting into by collating with R kelly especially on a song like Dwuw.

South Blonde
Just now, Borislshere said:

R.Kelly's past is literally one of the things he's most known for. Why dod you think she faced all the backlash after the SNL performance and single release? She would have to had lived a very sheltered life to not know about R.kelly's past.  

The only reason i could see interscope okay-ing that collaboration would be because the R. Kelly drama had kind of died down at the time. Still not an excuse to work with that man. 

Ok but with no actual proof she might have thought it was a Michael Jackson type of mess.

Prior to 2013 to me R. Kelly was just that "I believe I can fly" dude. Sure, I'm not from the US but I really doubt everyone knew that. Maybe I'm too naive...

Don't you think maybe they are the same thing? Love and attention?

Lady Rah Rah

I really don't think she knew a lot about him personally, she must feel so awful now everything is in the open. 

ARTPOP, you’ll always have my heart.

2 minutes ago, Lady Rah Rah said:

I really don't think she knew a lot about him personally, she must feel so awful now everything is in the open. 

In that' case  she should defend herself and say she didn't know. 

Archived