💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

New Kids On The Block: 'We knew Lady Gaga was going to be a big star'

monketsharona

Featured Posts

monketsharona

Before New Kids on The Block rang in 2019 with an iconic set in Times Square at **** Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve, members of the band reflected back to a tour that took place 10 years ago, where their opening act was a little-known singer who calls herself Lady Gaga.

It was apparent to all of us that she was going to be a big star,” the group’s Joey McIntyre recalled.

Gaga opened for NKOTB in 2008, on the group’s first tour after a 14-year hiatus. She was chosen after the group’s Donnie Wahlberg caught her performance of “Just Dance” in Las Vegas at Perez Hilton’s Fourth of July Spectacular. It was the first arena tour for the singer, who quickly rose to superstardom and is currently nominated for a Golden Globe — and is a frontrunner for an Oscar nomination — for her iconic performance as Ally Maine in last year’s film, “A Star is Born,” which costars and was directed by Bradley Cooper.

Coincidentally, she’s also back in Las Vegas — but this time with an ambitious residency, “Lady Gaga Enigma,” that has drawn rave reviews, and a big endorsement from reigning Vegas queen Celine Dion, since it opened Friday night.

She had a lot of energy, and she was also a sweetheart,” McIntyre remembers. “She was very warm, collaborative, exciting and inspiring. I don’t think any of us were surprised that she has continued to grow as an artist and attracted so many people.”

The coolest thing about her is she made her own clothes — I don’t know if she does now, but she used to,” remembered Jordan Knight, adding that Gaga would come to the group for feedback on her creations.

She would come in and say, “I made this! How do you like it?,’ and we were like, [incredulously], ‘How did you make that?’,” he recalled. “She was just so creative and talented and a great singer. Everyone knew she was destined.”

https://variety.com/2019/music/news/lady-gaga-new-kids-on-the-block-opening-act-1203097447/?fbclid=IwAR1EqfiKt9v5gxQzXUcsvLjwPufIY7KNa8ZD-YX7dbhaPX30T_83NxZewlA

Just as a reminder :

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gohan
2 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

**** Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve

giphy.gif

tryna go ask Alice, tryna catch that rabbit

Damon

wow remember gaga used to open his show a few years ago?

damn she has grown a lot

... and now i just sit in silence.

Glamourpuss
3 minutes ago, DelusionalGaga said:

Didn't we all

tenor.gif?itemid=5007740

Yeah but some "fans" still have doubts about whether she's a legend or not. :laughga:

Killa

I mustnt be the only One that was half unsure if She actually knew how to sew etc.

Ambiguous Queen of pop os fun

She freezes ou Minds fur passun 

RAMROD

It's what she deserves, step by step :applause:

Great she opened for these legendary boy group once!  Hangin' tough! :applause:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

RAMROD
51 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

Before New Kids on The Block rang in 2019 with an iconic set in Times Square at **** Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve, members of the band reflected back to a tour that took place 10 years ago, where their opening act was a little-known singer who calls herself Lady Gaga.

It was apparent to all of us that she was going to be a big star,” the group’s Joey McIntyre recalled.

Gaga opened for NKOTB in 2008, on the group’s first tour after a 14-year hiatus. She was chosen after the group’s Donnie Wahlberg caught her performance of “Just Dance” in Las Vegas at Perez Hilton’s Fourth of July Spectacular. It was the first arena tour for the singer, who quickly rose to superstardom and is currently nominated for a Golden Globe — and is a frontrunner for an Oscar nomination — for her iconic performance as Ally Maine in last year’s film, “A Star is Born,” which costars and was directed by Bradley Cooper.

Coincidentally, she’s also back in Las Vegas — but this time with an ambitious residency, “Lady Gaga Enigma,” that has drawn rave reviews, and a big endorsement from reigning Vegas queen Celine Dion, since it opened Friday night.

She had a lot of energy, and she was also a sweetheart,” McIntyre remembers. “She was very warm, collaborative, exciting and inspiring. I don’t think any of us were surprised that she has continued to grow as an artist and attracted so many people.”

The coolest thing about her is she made her own clothes — I don’t know if she does now, but she used to,” remembered Jordan Knight, adding that Gaga would come to the group for feedback on her creations.

She would come in and say, “I made this! How do you like it?,’ and we were like, [incredulously], ‘How did you make that?’,” he recalled. “She was just so creative and talented and a great singer. Everyone knew she was destined.”

https://variety.com/2019/music/news/lady-gaga-new-kids-on-the-block-opening-act-1203097447/?fbclid=IwAR1EqfiKt9v5gxQzXUcsvLjwPufIY7KNa8ZD-YX7dbhaPX30T_83NxZewlA

Just as a reminder :

Use official link please. Give these brothers some stream points. As a give back you know :sis:

RAMROD
2 minutes ago, Miky said:

now they can open for her

They don't need to.

Archived