Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Jesse McCartney Deserved to Be Bigger

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

DiscoHeaven23

Jesse McCartney, now 31, came onto the music scene in 2004 at the age of 17. I was 12 at the time and I remember him kind of being like the original Shawn Mendes in the public's eyes.

jesse.jpg

He was kind of something rare at the time. Hip-hop music and R&B was at its peak and only a few pop girls were succeeding (Britney Spears, Jojo,and Jessica & Ashlee Simpson). Solo pop male singers just weren't a thing at the time. I'd say Ryan Cabrera was the only other male pop singer cracking the Top 20 at the time. 

Jesse dropped his debut single, "Beautiful Soul", in the summer of 2004. The song climbed to #16 in the US and peaked at #4 on US pop radio. It hit #1 in Australia, #2 in New Zealand, and #16 in the UK. 

His next single "She's No You" only reached #91 in the Us with a peak of #24 on Pop Radio. He reappeared in 2006 with his sophomore era. The lead single "Right Where You Want Me" peaked at #33 in the US and peaked at #31 on Pop Radio. The era basically flopped. 

Jesse_McCartney_Right_where_you_want_me_cover2.jpg

Jesse came back strong in 2008, now aged 21, with his first Top 10 hit "Leavin'". The song peaked at #10 and reached #1 on Pop Radio. The song ended up being the 28th biggest song of 2008 in the US. It was also the 2nd most played song on Pop Radio that year. This third era became his first era to have more than two songs chart in the US. He released 4 singles from the album and all 4 charted. The 2nd single, "Its Over", peaked at #62 (#22 on Pop radio). The third single, "How Do You Sleep", peaked at #26 (#7 on Pop Radio). The fourth single, "Body Language" peaked at #35 (#23 on Pop Radio). 

Jesse_McCartney_-_Departure_(Jesse_McCartney_album).jpg

In late 2010, Jesse released the song "Shake" for his next album. The song peaked at #54 (and #17 on Pop Radio). The album for which this was a lead, was delayed for years. I was supposed to be released in December of 2010, then January of 2011, then early 2011, then 2012, then 2013. The delay was for many reasons. First because of a potential role on a TV and then there was upheaval at Hollywood Records. 

So Jesse left Hollywood Records, started his own label and released a single called "Back Together" in August of 2013. He released an EP in December of that year to give fans more music, while he worked on his new album. A new single was released in May of 2014, called "Superbad". The album came out on July 22, 2014. Unfortunately, the era flopped commercially. 

Jesse_McCartney's_4th_album,_In_Technico

This year Jesse began releasing new music for an upcoming album, but it hasn't caught on at all. 

4923e63ea85_jesse-mccartney-zoom.jpg?crop=0px,0px,2000px,1130px&resize=1200,675&ssl=1

I was giving all his music a listen today and I just really think he deserved to be bigger than he ever was. He has a great voice and he makes the kind of pop music I love. So yea, I'm just saying her deserved to be bigger.

I honestly never really liked him, probably because he was the IT boy at that time and I was 16 in my rock moment and for some reason he looks like the good american white boy and it made me stay away from his music..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

PunkTheFunk

He had a cute little career considering he didn't really bring anything new to the table :madge:

Beautiful Soul was a bop though

NarrowMajesticBlackpanther-size_restrict

Wow I feel old. I remember him, shame he never really blew up. He’d be killing it today if he was born 15 years later.

BYE

Lord Temptation

Wasn’t he also an actor on Summerland?

Such an innocent time. All a blur to me now but wow looking back it all seemed so perfect, no social media except MySpace lol :messga:

RAMROD

I only remember him from TRL :giggle:, him and Mario, you know, the Let Me Love You guy?! Smooth tbh.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

migamiga

14 minutes ago, BibleThisWay said:

Random fact - he wrote Leona Lewis' smash hit Bleeding Love with Ryan Tedder

This! 

I don’t know if i necessarily agree that he deserved to be bigger. He had some bops and was really popular amongst preteens and teens which is kinda who his music was made for :ohwell:

crisTEAne
4 hours ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

I was supposed to be released

4 hours ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

I'm just saying her deserved to be bigger.

these freudian slips, tho. :hor:

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Archived