Easy

Featured Posts

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
theahsfan
5 minutes ago, UK Monster said:

A lot of the biggest artists make it big in the UK first 

Well obviously she won't be as big as Gaga... 

PerfectCure

Y’all are seriously acting like the title of the thread is ‘Is Ava Max better than Lady Gaga?’ :laughga:

I really like Ava’s style (the SBP video is one of the most refreshing ones coming from a new pop girl in a while). I don’t think she is the <new> Gaga as she hasn’t achieved anything up to her level yet but she definitely has the potential of reaching a very big peak.

14 minutes ago, theahsfan said:

Well obviously she won't be as big as Gaga... 

It would be difficult, but you cant write her off so early into her career.

theahsfan
19 minutes ago, UK Monster said:

It would be difficult, but you cant write her off so early into her career.

She won't achieve two diamond singles, have an album to sell 1 million, become an absolute obsession or gross over $2 million with a tour

PunkTheFunk

Is this GGD or MadonnaNation? :triggered:

Let Ava do her thing. If she becomes a big success, great! There's no need to put her down or feel threatened.

holy scheisse

Came across her

She SCREAMS manufactured pop star it makes me queasy 

But I do like that one song sweet but psycho it's a bop:vegas:

FfFfFfFF
2 hours ago, RahrahWitch said:

I'm only speaking on my experience, That's why I say generally, because i know it does happen for both. But you can't say it doesn't happen a hell of a lot more for women

Again, your experience is centered around female artists, you pay more attention to them and it gives you the impression that it only or mostly happen to women. I gave you 3 examples of famous comparisons between male artists. For female artist we have Lady Gaga/ Madonna, Mariah Carey/ Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj/ Lil Kim and ..what else? Talking about famous, well-known comparisons. See that the proportion is the same for women and male?

Gagaism

The song is a bop and I like it tbh, but NO WAY. She’s Ava max and Gaga is the unique iconic Gaga.

its her first song, she’s just starting. Honestly I think she got potential to get more attention and only time will show it.

people have to stop with this “ next someone”, it’s annoying. 

For me she doesn't have the stage presence or personality to be anything more than an average to good pop star. So far anyway.

my issue with this binch is that i've watched several of her interviews and when asked about her inspirations, she has not ONCE mentioned gaga. the inspiration is so blatant and jarring that she really should be mentioning gaga more. instead she mentions madonna, mariah carey, gwen stefani, fergie, etc. like sis is this some kind of joke???

the looks and productions are inspired but when it comes to VOCALS there's really no comparison. one can actually sing and one cannot and that's the end of that.

RahrahWitch
24 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

Again, your experience is centered around female artists, you pay more attention to them and it gives you the impression that it only or mostly happen to women. I gave you 3 examples of famous comparisons between male artists. For female artist we have Lady Gaga/ Madonna, Mariah Carey/ Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj/ Lil Kim and ..what else? Talking about famous, well-known comparisons. See that the proportion is the same for women and male?

Experience is subjective, You may have come across an even number of comparisons, But I have not. Especially in upcoming/lesser known artists.

FfFfFfFF
2 minutes ago, RahrahWitch said:

Experience is subjective, You may have come across an even number of comparisons, But I have not. Especially in upcoming/lesser known artists.

Yes, experience is subjective therefore you should step out of it and look at the bigger picture when you do claims. 

Archived