💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Pharrell and Robin Thicke lose Lawsuit over ‘Blurred Lines’

Kimmo

Featured Posts

2XBJ.gif

After a five-yearlong legal back-and-forth, a judge has determined that Pharrell Williams and Robin Thicke, the artists behind the 2013 mega hit “Blurred Lines,” must pay the family of the late Marvin Gaye $5 million...The pair was sued for copyright infringement because of the song’s similarities to Gaye’s “Got to Give It Up” from 1977, CNN reports. In 2015, a judge ruled Williams, 45, and Thicke, 41, along with co-writer Clifford "T.I." Harris, owed Gaye’s estate $7 million, but after they appealed, the judgment — from U.S. District Judge John A. Kronstadt in California on Monday — was reduced to $4,983,766.85

Thicke, Williams and Williams’ publishing company owe $2.9 million combined, plus an additional $1.7 million from Thicke and $357,631 from Williams and his company. Gaye’s family will also earn 50 percent of “Blurred Lines” royalties in the future.

In 2015, a judge first ruled that Williams and Thicke copied Gaye’s song.

“While we respect the judicial process, we are extremely disappointed in the ruling made today, which sets a horrible precedent for music and creativity going forward,” Williams’ rep said in a statement at the time. “Pharrell created ‘Blurred Lines’ from his heart, mind and soul and the song was not taken from anyone or anywhere else. We are reviewing the decision, considering our options and you will hear more from us soon about this matter.”

Williams also talked to “Access Hollywood”about the verdict, calling it “shocking … I think, when you look back at it, I think the jury voted on emotion … This is my opinion — I feel like the verdict was based on emotion and not the real true issue, which was copyright infringement … There’s no copyright infringement.”... “If that verdict stands, people can’t be inspired by anything, companies can’t be inspired by anything, or else they’re liable for suit.”

The trial has led to some eccentric testimony from Thicke, who performed a piano medley in court and argued that, despite taking credit for the success of “Blurred Lines” in multiple interviews,  he didn’t actually write the song, blaming his lies on substance abuse and his split from then-wife Paula Patton.

https://www.daytondailynews.com/entertainment/pharrell-and-robin-thicke-must-pay-marvin-gaye-family-over-blurred-lines/Du6pDYY9B75xWDubDPHj1H/

Hottie Detector

Robo Ga
2 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

Thicke... argued that despite taking credit for the success of “Blurred Lines” in multiple interviews,  he didn’t actually write the song

and he was soooooo cocky about it when it was #1tenor.gif?itemid=11752758

how the tables have turned ThICKEY

🤖⚡️

“Pharrell created ‘Blurred Lines’ from his heart, mind and soul and the song"

If you are creating this disgusting song from your heart, mind and soul, it's tells a lot about you as a person.. ew..:messga:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Shipper

Here is Gaye's song. It sounds the same I would think they sampled the song.  I usually cant hear similarities on songs but this is too similar. 

💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕

KatieJudasGaga4
10 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

“Pharrell created ‘Blurred Lines’ from his heart, mind and soul 

Thicke, who performed a piano medley in court and argued that, despite taking credit for the success of “Blurred Lines” in multiple interviews,  he didn’t actually write the song, blaming his lies on substance abuse and his split from then-wife Paula Patton.

Such a mess. :saladga:

androiduser

funnily, Madonna fans claimed that Blurred Lines ripped off Madonna's Give It 2 Me, which was just another Pharell copy of Marvin Gaye

5 minutes ago, River said:

“Pharrell created ‘Blurred Lines’ from his heart, mind and soul and the song"

If you are creating this disgusting song from your heart, mind and soul, it's tells a lot about you as a person.. ew..:messga:

And yet some of y’all still claim he’s a great producer and artist... Blp.gif

Hottie Detector

DiscoHeaven23

Pharrell is uncreative

he's been found out 

he's made a few basic bops here and there, but when you really examine his workk...:selena:

accept it. 

Gagz4Gaga

Pharrell is one of the most overrated and blah producers in music so I don’t even feel sorry for these two.

nostalgia’s for geeks

1 hour ago, ARTPOP2 said:

I hoped they were sued for the content of the song contributing to rape culture, but i guess not :vegas:

while baby it's cold outside is banned :flop:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Lion Heart

Nothing has gone right for Robin Thicke post-VMAs. Talk about decay.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Anderson123

I don't really know how to feel about this. I dislike Robin Thicke's music and think Pharell's production is so overrated and you can actually hear it's a complete rip off but then again... Marvin Gaye's father killed his own son and now he's still getting more money from that ? It's kind of twisted.

Archived